Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,921 to 59,940 of 60,762 messages
12/10/2012 at 14:46
I've put my name down to do VLM baggage for my club. So hopefully I will get to do it next year.
12/10/2012 at 18:39

GFB, depends whether you are just staying the night before or the night after too.

We did both nights and and stayed on Pall Mall, the joy of just walking round the corner after the marathon was brilliant.  To have had to get on the tube for an hour afterwards would have been tough, but I would imagine it's a great atmosphere!!

Mr TS dropped me at Charing Cross early on the morning and it was easy to get the train to the start.  You are awake early on the day wherever you are!

12/10/2012 at 21:21
Hi guys / girls, hope you don't mind if I join in!?? I am thrilled to have got a place in the ballot for London (on my birthday as well-best pressie ever!) and would love to run under 5 hours. I am hoping to gain an insight into all your tips and knowledge to keep me plodding.
13/10/2012 at 09:02
Welcome to our thread Jollie
13/10/2012 at 12:05
Completed the 30 Day Shred
13/10/2012 at 14:03

Hi Jollie32 And welcome

Well done Tracey - now you need to keep it up Its hard work this staying in shape business.

Well, I have lost 3lbs but people have been saying that I look like I'm losing weight - that would be the running then eh? Building a bit of muscle up again

Not been too well this week - I overdid things on a Corporate Responsibility day on Tuesday although I didn't realise it at the time. Felt really ill Tuesday night and didn't really recover so I left work early on Thursday and didn't go in yesterday. I keep thinking I must be back to normal again but every now and again, my body smacks me one in the face to remind me that its in charge! Oh well, onwards and upwards eh? My next appointment is 29th November so I'll have to mention to the oncologist how bloody whacked out I keep feeling just in case there is something underlying going on. Although, people keep reminding me that my body has been through a lot this year and to be patient. Me? Patient? Ha!

13/10/2012 at 15:31
(((Roobs)))

Ripped in 30 starts on Monday
14/10/2012 at 01:23

Roobs, your body will keep smacking you - take it easy girl!!!!

Ripped in 30 eh Tracey, sounds fun 

Welcome Jollie, tell us a bit about yourself and we'll tell you our secrets!!

14/10/2012 at 06:32

Hello all

Jollie - welcome

(((Roobs))) - take it easy...hope you feel better today.

Tracey - I didn't make it to day 30! Well done!

I have been doing some short runs this week, longest 6.5 miles yestedray. Still struggling to gte back into running after my ankle injury, I have been doing some rowing as well..really enjoying a change! My oldest daughter is 18 today..don't know where the time has gone! I feel ancient!

Have a good day everyone

14/10/2012 at 07:48
MWW - Happy Birthday to your daughter

Kierrah is 17 next Sunday

Doing Brentwood 10k today. Am going to freeze.
14/10/2012 at 15:25

Happy Birthday to your daughter MWW

How did your 10k go Tracey?  I did the Titsey Trail 10k today and it was a mudbath!

((( Roobs ))) Hope you are feeling better.

Welcome jollie32

14/10/2012 at 16:05
Cinders - hoping I just got under an hour, as I stopped my Garmin a bit late. It got hilly in the 2nd half. Nearly throw up after the finish lol
14/10/2012 at 18:44

Evening all!

Have had a great weekend with friends, family and had a 2nd date with the guy I went out with last weekend I was a bit more sensible and got home around 3 this week instead of 8 like last week lol! He's really good fun and a real gent. Not many of them around these days in my experience

Off to bed now, really early I know, but I need to catch up on last night's sleep, besides I don't want to burn out like I did last week

Hope you are all well

Well done on your 10k Tracey Its Brighton 10k next month I'm not going for a time at all - I just want to get round in one piece lol

14/10/2012 at 21:02
Roobs - I might be able to do a parkrun with you the week before your 10k.
15/10/2012 at 17:10

Roobs, you dirty stop-out!!  Good on ya!!

Happy birthday to MWW daughter 

Tracey, I would be delighted with under an hour for a 10k at the mo, especially one with a hill!  That 'I'm going to be sick' feeling is awful isn't it.  I'm always thinking "no, no - keep it in"

Little bit of improvement here, have been out for a run on my own this morning and managed 4 miles without stopping - woo hoo.  Again, it was very slow, about 11:30 min miling  but it is getting easier.  I guess on those times my Jan 10k will be 1:10 - only 13 minutes over my pb   We'll see ...

Funnily enough, my legs and breathing felt fine, the bits that niggled/ached towards the end of my run were my left arm/shoulder (I had my iphone on my arm listening to an audiobook so maybe holding my arm different?) and my lower back.  It's the same old story of my core being weak.  If I actually did something rather than just talk about it it might improve

15/10/2012 at 17:55
TS - great run. Just remember when you first started run how hard it was.
15/10/2012 at 20:39

Well done TS

I'll be out for a trot tomorrow although my stomach is playing up a bit at the moment (lingering effects of RT)

15/10/2012 at 22:06
Roobs - it's my club First Steps mile time trial tomorrow
16/10/2012 at 20:12
Hope they get on well. Can't wait til I can run a mile without walking! I should really just try it and see how I get on.
16/10/2012 at 21:35
First Steps Mile when very well Roobs. They all had race numbers as well
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.