Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,941 to 59,960 of 60,747 messages
16/10/2012 at 21:37
Roobs - see if you can run9/walk1 x 2 first. That what our First Steps did last week.
19/10/2012 at 09:06

DOH!!!!!! Wrote a lovely post last night and it's gone

Anyway, morning everyhone and welcome to all the Newbies.  (Sorry I can't remember your names and you're on the previous page now  ).  Not always a lot of running chat on here as we also go on about all our highs and lows and certainly not a lot of running chat from me as it's just not happening at the moment.

It's more manic than usual Chez Lyndy and will get worse next week when Mr L has his knee replacement op which means that I will have to go into work full time (and more)rather than work from home (for the Newbies, we have our own business and usually I'm more of a lady of leisure than a worker  )  At the moment Mr L is not getting home until around 6:30 and he should be finishing at 5pm it's just so busy right now.  Hopefully it calms down before nedt Thursday.

No chance of running this weekend either as it's the obligatory visit to my mum's.  Off to Asda first though Tracey to stock up on the gin

Happy running everyone (See, I remembered Cinders )

19/10/2012 at 14:04

Yay Lyndy   

19/10/2012 at 14:05

Oooh a snuck in.   Hope all goes ok with Mr L's operation next week.

Good luck with your visit also Lyndy.

20/10/2012 at 07:40

Hello all

Roobs - good to see you getting back out there, take it easy though

Lyndy - hope the visit goes well and Mr L's op is straighforward.

It has been a busy week for me, work a bit manic as usual and the family stuff to sort, ut I have managed two good runs plus another short speedy session on the dreadmill. Aching today from kettlebell class on Thusday so saving the LSR (well not so Lsr in my case) until tomorrow. Up to 6-7 miles now so heading in the right direction.

Hope you all have a good weekend

21/10/2012 at 18:36

Come on now Cinders - you do like to be a clever dick    So how do you do that one then?????

Back home from mum's.  Had to delay going up there until Saturday morning because when I checked the traffic line before we left on Friday the M25 was closed because of a vehicle fire, the M23 was blocked and so was the M11.  Definitely not going to travel with all those hold ups.  Never mind, meant we had a lovely evening at home instead of a fraught evening with mum.

Hoping that Mr L's op will be as successful and the last one.  He was home in two days and walking two miles in a couple of weeks.  The main problem is making him stay at home for at least a week before he goes back to work.  Not that I mind him going back to work as it means I get back to working from home again but I will have to drive him in every morning and pick him up every evening.  It will be good to get it all over and done with though as he's been really suffering lately.

21/10/2012 at 21:22

Lol, think it is an i

Glad your trip went ok and good luck to Mr L

21/10/2012 at 21:54
Lyndy - when's Mr L's op?
22/10/2012 at 17:32

Thursday Tracey

22/10/2012 at 17:32

Yep, it's an i Cinders

22/10/2012 at 18:40

Afternoon all

Nailed 3 miles at 10 min miling bang on today  It's my brain that slows me down sometimes I think!  Ran in a group of 5 of us, general chit chat then my watch clicked the first mile at 09:20 and I said to my friend 'ooh, that's fast for me, I'll slow down now" - which of course I did!  I think if I hadn't known it was 09:20 I would have sailed along with them quite merrily for a bit longer - not sure as I would have done 3 miles though.  

Meeting another friend for a walk this afternoon, we generally do 4 miles or so at quite a brisk walk.  Then I do my 22 mile bike ride on Tues morning, they are pretty fast and we are clocking 20mph+ for some so by the time Tues afternoon arrives my legs are worn out!  I then have to rest for a couple of days

Hope Mr L's op goes as well as the last one

22/10/2012 at 21:28

Hi everyone!

I did 3.35m on Saturday Its getting there Still having walk breaks but I can see the improvement.

Tracey - I am following a plan. I am doing 8mins run/1min walk x3 this week which is different to the plan your beginners are doing. Think it goes up to 12 mins next week and 15 the week after. I'm off to Turkey on Friday for a week so I'm taking some gear with me

I'll be up for a parkrun soon Probably 17th November as that's the first Saturday I've got free

23/10/2012 at 11:10
Roobs - 17 November is the end our First Steps group at Barking parkrun.
23/10/2012 at 12:26

Oh dear, another odd start to the day.  Got a call from my eldest son to say his OH had been rushed into hospital.  She's woken him up calling him from the bathroom and he said she looked like she'd had a stroke, mouth had dropped and her hands were clawed.  She has been having lots of problems with a fibroid stopping her from weeing properly and the paramedics said it might be an infection as she wasn't able to empty her bladder properly.  I had to rush over to Worthing so that I could mind my grandson and take him to school.  Apparently she'd been up all night in agony!!!

Anyway, all's okay.  A's home and tucked up in bed. The hospital said her white blood count was right up, indicating an infection.  She threw up violently three times in the hospital so maybe that's the nasty bugs making their way out of her.  They've given her codeine and something to rehydrate her.  Let's hope she's on the mend now.

Was supposed to be having DiL from Hell's four stayhing tonight but have called and put them off as I really don't think I can cope with them tonight.  They'll be disappointed as they love coming to Grandma's and I feel really guilty as it's the last time they will be able to stay over until Mr L's on the mend.  Never mind, they can come round after school sometime for the evening.

23/10/2012 at 14:34

Do you think the hosp will remove the fibroid Lyndy? They can be nasty little feckers - I had three of them until I had a mirena fitted which shrank them.

23/10/2012 at 15:29

She's not due to go back about it until January. I think she should go back to her GP and see if the appointment can be brought forward!

23/10/2012 at 17:45
Lyndy - your poor daughter in law
23/10/2012 at 21:26

I think she should too. If its causing trouble, then it should be looked at sooner.

24/10/2012 at 08:31

Morning everyone

Spoke to my son last night and suggested that A tries to get an earlier appointment,but he said that the infection was a stomach bug and not related to the fibroids.  Oh well, I tried

24/10/2012 at 11:29

Your poor DiL, Lyndy - hope she's ok now until her appointment. Good luck to Mr. LL

Good news on the running Roobs. Not sure where in Turkey you are going, but where weer went there was a lovely sea-front promenade which was good for an early morning run. We are off to tenerife tomorrow, so I will be running there. Forecast doesn't look as good as we would have hoped, so let's hope it's wrong.

I'm sure it's the mind as much as the body, TS. I surprised myself with a 9:10 mile on my 5k run yesterday, as I started at what felt a comfortable pace, and expected a lot slower.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.