Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,961 to 59,980 of 60,763 messages
25/10/2012 at 18:37

All's good.  Mr L's operation went well and he's now safely esconced in his own room watching TV.  He had his op at lunchtime and when I called around 2:45 to see how he was they put me through to his room so we could have a chat. Spoken to him a couple of times now and he is just starting to be able to feel his legs as the epidural wears off.  He said he was more aware of what was going on this time and heard the surgeon complaining about how hard his bones are!!!!  He thought he was going to shoot off the end of the operating table as they were hammering the new knee in   Hopefully he will be home on Sunday morning

25/10/2012 at 20:51

Good news Lyndy

26/10/2012 at 08:09

Mawning

Another busy day at the coal face   Hurry up back to work Mr L

27/10/2012 at 00:24
Ooh, that sounds awful Lyndy, hearing them hammering!!

Quiet here, very short run this morning to meet my walking chums, 1.5 miles, then did a brisk 4 mile walk though - followed by coffee and chats of course

Going to the Houston air show tomorrow. They have the Blue Angels instead of Rec Arrows, should be good but it will be a long day I think. Sudden blast of cold air come down from the North overnight; low 60's today whereas yesterday it was high 80's! Will need long trousers on tomorrow!
27/10/2012 at 11:05

Mr L's coming home today.  A day early because, like last time, there have been a couple of other patients who the physios haven't been able to work with so he's had undivided attention.  Not sure when I can pick him up yet as he has to have an x-ray and dressing change then he will call me

29/10/2012 at 08:05

Knackered.  I think there's been a weekend, but it seems to have passed me by.  Can it please come back

29/10/2012 at 10:06

Hello all

Lyndy - hope Mr L is recovering well and you can get some rest? Yuk to the hammering

TS - hope the air show was good? LOL at the need for trousers. It was freezing here at the weekend!

I only managed one run of 4 miles last week due to having a virus. STill not 100% but went rowing yesterday and have done a 4 mile run and a bit of indoor rowing this morning. I can't imagine running 26.2 miles at the moment, will have to up my game very soon if I am going to make it to Brighton!

29/10/2012 at 16:38

MWW, needed long trousers, padded waistcoat and gloves!!  The day before I had gone for a walk and couldn't sit outside the coffee shop as it was too hot and muggy - next day - cold!  We were getting the wind around the outside of the storm that is travelling down to meet Hurricane Sandy - not looking good for the East Coast at all 

Warming up again here though but cool nights at the moment, hence this mornings run being fantastic  Lovely cool weather, 4 of us ran for 3 miles, non stop chattering and clocked under 10mm without a thought.  I deliberately didn't look at my watch, but don't think it would have mattered; legs felt good, breathing easy etc etc  Wish it was always like that.

I know what you mean MWW re running 26.2 miles, it seems such a big build up to those distances, you think you will never get there!

How's Mr L Lyndy?

29/10/2012 at 18:51

Mr L's doing well thank you TS.  Now managing to walk around indoors with only one stick and is talking of going back to work tomorrow.

I've got to take the B-I-G van over to our suppliers to pick up loads of washing machines, fridge freezers and other appliances then I can drop the van back home and take Mr L into work in the car.  I'll stay there and do some work there just in case he fades fast and needs to go back home, but all's looking good at the moment.

29/10/2012 at 20:34
MWW - you will get there.

I need my bed as am so tired.
29/10/2012 at 20:56
Night night Tracey zzzzzzz x
29/10/2012 at 21:50
If only I could Lyndy. Got to wait for Andre to go asleep.
29/10/2012 at 22:55

Mr L's doing well thank you TS.  Now managing to walk around indoors with only one stick and is talking of going back to work tomorrow.

I've got to take the B-I-G van over to our suppliers to pick up loads of washing machines, fridge freezers and other appliances then I can drop the van back home and take Mr L into work in the car.  I'll stay there and do some work there just in case he fades fast and needs to go back home, but all's looking good at the moment.

29/10/2012 at 23:17

How was Beachy Tracey?

Lyndy, I'm sure you know but make sure Mr L doesn't overdo it

30/10/2012 at 11:21
TS - Beachy was fun except for the very bad head wind at 11 miles after that steep hill were the lady in her wheelchair use to be. Then as we turn of Beachy Head into another head wind until we turned of through the tree for the finish.

A few people ended up with hypothermia on that 11 mile section. The wind when right through my clothes.
30/10/2012 at 16:49

I know where you mean Tracey and I can imagine how tough it was.  Well done anyway, whatever speed is still an achievement on that course!

Bike ride this morning, was late getting up (was watching news from UK and forgot about the hour change!!) so missed meeting my friends, went out on my own and caught them coming back.  Not sure what distance I did, about 15 I guess.

30/10/2012 at 18:11

UGH Tracey, don't know how you keep going back to Beachy year after year

Well, Mr L's survived his first day back at work.  We've got a spare computer chair that he can put his let up on which is ideal because he can adjust the height to how he wants it.

Had a much better day today than yesterday, which was horrendous.  Must have been one of the worst days ever, not because of work but because I had a BIG row with MiL.  Not going to go into details here but suffice to say that I'm sick and fed up with Mr L's son (so is he for that matter), who just happens to be MiL's only grandson(child) and who is her blue eyed boy and can do no wrong!!!!!  I thought DiL from Hell was bad enough (his ex) but he's really pushed his luck, and us, beyone breaking point now.  DiL from Hell's a pussycat compared with what he's like now

Anyway, had a much better day today. Enjoyed working with Mr L for a change.  Don't think I could stand it every day, but don't mind at the moment if it helps keeping on top of everything.  He couldn't have picked a much worse time to have had his knee op.  We thought everything would have quietened down by now but we're busier than ever right now.  All good of course, money in the tills and all that, but really do need a bit of breathing space sometimes.

30/10/2012 at 21:29
Lyndy - I do the same thing with a computer chair when my legs are tired after a race or long run

Am in no rush to go for a post marathon run.

TS - was looking at our Beachy photos the other days and saw the ones of you and Hippo
30/10/2012 at 23:57

Lyndy, you take care of yourselves 

Bet we looked a treat Tracey

02/11/2012 at 20:12

Hello from a very wet Tenerife! NOT what we had in mind. In our first week we have had one sunny day, and there is only so much you can do in Tenerife in the rain! We're just hoping there will be a little more sun for our second week, but the forecast doesn't look too good.

I've been running a few times, but it's very warm and also hilly round here

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.