Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

581 to 600 of 60,643 messages
28/11/2004 at 17:43
Mr J is running too and in the wave before me so I won't be travelling alone.
debbo    pirate
28/11/2004 at 17:55
Jane - that's great - are you buying and/or selling? I hope it isn't too stressful for you - you've got Lochaber to think about remember (or maybe even London!)

JJ - good luck to you and Mr J too.
M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2004 at 17:57
I have the perfick excuse this week to have another week or rest as I am working away for 4 days .... day one will start again on Saturday I think.
28/11/2004 at 18:00
debbo buying and selling so our house will go on to the market once the deal to buy the new house is done. I guess I will be cleaning and cleaning the house alot over the next couple of months :((( and dealing with trademen as well.
debbo    pirate
28/11/2004 at 18:26
Yes, that constant cleaning is a real pain. I hope the market up your way isn't as slow as it is down here :((
29/11/2004 at 09:22
Morning all

My god I am shattered!!!!!
It was a great night but I don't find running at that time of night very easy.

I was 30 secs to a 1 min a mile slower than last week but my heart rate was 10 bpm lower too. I kept to my plan of keeping to around 10 min miles and came in at 63 mins. The twists and turns added an extra 400 m to the distance which DOES make a difference.

The race it's self was fantastic!!! Very well organised and with a lovely medal at the end. There were even people cheering us on, althogh most of them seemed to be hanging around outside pubs :-)

However my knees and ankles are shot from running hard on tarmac 2 weeks running and I am very tired.

Lots of rest for me this week, I may just do a couple of 3 milers and my 8 mile long run, and NO racing :-)

BTW Jane, no sprint finish :-( was too crowded, managed 8 min miles over the last 800m tho :-)
29/11/2004 at 10:14
Well done Josie, good time.

Josie do you have some where you can run off-road this week?

I think its a good idea to do some running on the roads to get your legs used to the pounding but I also like to run on trials and grass for half of my weekly training.
29/11/2004 at 11:22
Jane

I do most of my running off road, we are blessed with lots of parks and rivers around here. That's why my knees are suffing now, both my races were on tarmac :-(

I'll do my 8 miler round Richmond Park.
29/11/2004 at 11:44
waves garlic
29/11/2004 at 15:46
Hi EP how is the training doing?

29/11/2004 at 16:00
Well done EP with the 10 mm, I normally have to put a fair bit of effort into running that pace, but it is easier when you run with other folks. Glad you enjoy x-country races as well, only done one this year and that was muddy in places.
29/11/2004 at 16:56
Thanks EP and well done on the Xcountry :-)

Nice rest day today, I went out and bought a Santa suit :-) The local fancy dress shop is closing down and was selling off its stuff. So I got a lovely full length Santa robe with belt and a fabulous wig and beard for the princly sum of £35. It is Jumpet Jnrs birthday just before christmas and he is having a party at the farm with his Nursery chums. I though it would be a great idea for his Uncle Dan to dress up as Santa and deliver the party bags at the end. I can't wait to see their faces :-)

I will let you guys in on a little secret, oh and all the lurkers too <JJ waves at lurkers>
Since it is pretty certain that I have been rejected from FLM yet again, I have sent in an application for RW's dream team. Keep your fingers crossed for me won't you :-)
29/11/2004 at 17:12
JJ good luck with your application for the RW dream team, can't think of a nicer person to be on it.
29/11/2004 at 17:52
<blush> :-)
debbo    pirate
29/11/2004 at 23:37
Well done JJ for your race last night.

What's the RW dream team? I must be on another planet....
30/11/2004 at 11:52
debbo there was an article about this dream team is the last edition of the RW, basically you have to write a short essay on why you want to run London, RW have a few places on offer and are giving some training advice and so on.

Session of cross-training and weights at the gym this morning, will run this evening with a few others probably between 5-6 miles at a steady pace with a pick up of pace in the last mile or so.

Still not heard from FLM so I guess I'm not in.
30/11/2004 at 11:54
Morning all

A very creaky 3 miles done and dusted. Did about 11:19 min miles over all so not too bad to say I felt about twice my age :-)
I'm in Kingston to do some Christmas shopping so I have been using the David Lloyds here and ran down the River to Teddington Lock and back.
Just having a nice cup of coffee and a flapjack before hitting the shops. They have a fantastic Spa bath here. It had beds with water jets so you get an allover massage. they also have realy strong water jets that massage your shoulders. The steam room was lovely too :-)

Debbo
Do you not sleep lass :-)
The RW dream team is a bunch of people they pick from applications, give them a FLM place, kit and training. Like Kiwi Kerry last year. It was advertised in last months RW. Any way I've sent off an application so we'll have to see :-)

Have a great day all.

Ho Ho Ho

Christmas JJ :-)
30/11/2004 at 12:46
And then we follow your progress every month in the magazine and on line?

That would be great JJ, fingers crossed for you.
30/11/2004 at 15:10
well i'm in now - best get on wi'it
30/11/2004 at 15:13
PottingShed, congrats on getting into London. How is the training going and got any other races planned?
581 to 600 of 60,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.