Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,101 to 60,120 of 60,763 messages
29/12/2012 at 19:50

Hi all! Getting used to the laptop now

I've entered Brighton and Silverstone halves. And then the Good Friday Enigma, Brighton and London Marathons in the spring. I have entered Loch Ness and Beachy in the Autumn and I'm sure there is another one I said I would enter but can't remember which

30/12/2012 at 13:08
Ran 8 miles this morning in 1:22:22
30/12/2012 at 15:13

Hello ladies,

Nice to see you again LTS  Haven't entered any races myself for ages, did try to enter my local 10k (Stubbington) but it is very popular as it is a good route and straight after NY so everybody has it on their 'kickstart running' plan - so as usual I was too slow!!

Not done too much running since I was back from USA, just keeping the legs supple and will get back into it proper once life gets back to normal.  I tried to find some new long leggings today and could only get the straight leg/flared ones and I wanted the tights.  I only have 2 pairs of long tights and they are both old Aldi cheapies with a drawstring waist, well last week I came back in from my run and needed the loo quickly  and pulled the knot but it got tangled and tied itself into an 'un-untieable' knot so I had to get the scissors at it!!  Hence no good any more   Got some nice running gear from my sister in law for Christmas but it is definitely Houston running gear!

Nice run for you this morning Tracey - good going!

Hope 2013 brings you and your family a better year MWW

Got yourself going with the laptop then Roobs??  Should have got yourself an ipad instead

30/12/2012 at 16:20

I thought about an iPad TS but I have a lot of stuff to do in the next few months and a laptop would be easier

30/12/2012 at 16:50
My legs are knackered now
30/12/2012 at 21:05
Well done Tracey on a good time. A slow plod along the seafront for me this morning and then back to serve lunch to MiL.
I'll come along to Brighton half then to cheer you lot on!
Hope your daughter improves soon MWW;she was poorly when we met at the London Mara expo last spring. Really tough on you all.
31/12/2012 at 18:20

Hiya LTS!

Well, I'm going to wish you all a happy new year now before I head off out and get a little bit wasted

Here's to the best for us all in 2013

xxxx

01/01/2013 at 07:32

Morning all

Happy New Year, I hope 2013 is a good one for everyone

01/01/2013 at 08:45

Happy New Year

01/01/2013 at 18:59

I've only been up about an hour lol!

Had a brilliant night last night and there were a few tears at midnight - I am just so glad to see the back of 2012! I was a bit emotional all day really and still feel a bit like it today but that's probably the hangover

01/01/2013 at 19:23
Happy New Year everyone. Felt a bit jaded myself today but did brunch for over 50 neighbours and children. Good fun and the last ones left only an hour ago. Just sat down with a cup of tea!
01/01/2013 at 19:45

Happy New Year everyone.

We had a quiet night in. Only the second time we've not bee out on NYE in 27 years.  Mr L cooked a lovely meal, all washed down with a very nice bottle of red Rioja.  A few G&T's to while away the time until midnight then we cracked the champagne.  Eventually fell into bed about 1:30 and didn't wake up until 11:30 this morning

Hopefully, tomorrow will see the start of the New Year proper but did see the old year out well by bookin gour 2013 holiday. Off to Turkey for two weeks in June.  Only probloem is that after we'd booked it I realised that it clashes with the London to Brighton Bike Ride, so that's one event I'll be missing this year   Hope Grandson doesn't mind too much.

02/01/2013 at 13:34

Pokes head around the door

I runned  (only two miles and very slowly)

Sneaks back out again

02/01/2013 at 16:49

Well done Lyndy! I really like Turkey - the parts we've been to, and daughter loves it too, and is hoping to book something with another family for May.

We were in on NYE too, and actually in bed before midnight, but did watch the London fireworks on TV. Had a pleasant New Year's day run with daughter #2, but she really doesn't enjoy it, so will stick with the gym, and probably not be out with me again!

Hope that 2013 is a better year for your daughter, MWW - it would be so nice for her to be able to get out doing the normal teenager things.

We had a pre-Christmas party with 40 or so, LTS. Enjoyable but tiring.

Having thought I would give marathons a complete miss this year, I have a friend at my running club who has asked if I'd be prepared to do one later in the year as a challenge with her. I'm seriously contemplating Bournemouth on October 6th now, as it's nice and local!

02/01/2013 at 18:13

We also were in bed before midnight, didn't even watch the fireworks.  Mr TS hasn't been very well over the Christmas period so all in all it has been a bit of a crap week or so, glad to get it out of the way actually   He's been to the docs today and although he had self diagnosed on the internet she pretty much confirmed it was a trapped nerve and has given him some strong painkillers and he is 100% happier already (he is not a good patient  and makes everyone around him miserable!)

Went to Turkey about 20 years ago and wasn't very keen on it myself 

Ordered some cold weather running stuff from Amazon so great excuse to get out for a run when they arrive  Also going to join a local 'country club' - they are only a small independent place and are happy for me to put the membership on hold whenever we go to US without any penalties or hassle which is unusual.  I'm going mainly for the classes - Pilates and Spin are my main interests, although they do Step which I used to love and will give Zumba a whirl too.

Are you doing Stubbington Diana, I will pop out of my front door to wave you past if so

By the way, well done on your run Lyndy 

03/01/2013 at 10:26

Hello all

Lyndy - well done on your run  The holiday sounds great!

Diana - LOL re the mara...go for it!  I empathise re: running with the chidlren. My oldest daughter (18) hates running but will go tot he gym! My son (13) tries the occasional run but doesn't really enjoy it! we all go rowing now and hopefully my middle daughter will too when she is well. 

TS - Hope the running colthes help! enjoy the classes!

I was meant to run this morning but woke up with a stinking headache. If it clears I may try later!

03/01/2013 at 12:28

I was thinking about Bournemouth marathon too - the week after Loch Ness Still thinking about it

03/01/2013 at 17:26

Oooh, that could be fun, Roobs - keep thinking! The route won't be published till late January, so not sure how flat (or not) it will be.

TS, I failed to enter Stubbington before it filled up, so won't be there, but not too disappointed - would rather look for & try something new. I got a lovely hot pink long-sleeved merino for Christmas, from Decathlon. It matches the flashes on my capris, and my running jacket, so I'm the most colour co-ordinated I've ever been!

03/01/2013 at 17:48

OOO, very flashy Diana

Oh well.  Didn't get out for the bike ride

Ended up not having time for a bike ride, so thought I'd go for a walk, to loosen up and ended up doing a run/walk   Very, very slow, but better than sitting on my bum doing nothing

03/01/2013 at 18:41

Better than nothing Lyndy!  If truth be known, I much prefer a walk to a run - not surprising really

I also got my new running top today from Amazon.  It is black with pink bits on it, I ordered med, but it is med in Euro size and I think it is UK small??  Bizarre?  It fits but it is skin tight   I'm not sure it is supposed to be as fitted as it is, however they don't have a bigger size so not sure whether to keep it or not.  Will have another try on and see what I think.

I got a Nike FuelBand for Christmas, you get Fuel points for various movements your arm makes, it's quite interesting how your points rack up during the day.  Not 100% sure of the technology but it picks up movement whenever you walk or run (swinging your arm I guess), housework and all sorts of stuff.  It seems to be able to work out steps and gives you a total distance of what you have done that day, it's amazing how far you walk just paddling around the house!  Not sure how accurate it is, but it does 'measure' my walks and runs correctly.  I have a target of 3,000 points per day and it's funny how you strive to reach it each day.  Good motivator!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.