Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,121 to 60,140 of 60,747 messages
04/01/2013 at 08:41
Did 4min intervals x 6 with 3min recoveries. My legs are killing me now
04/01/2013 at 10:41

Tracey - well done...give those legs a rest!

I did 5 miles this morning with 2 x 1600 intervals, not as fast as they should have been but okay!

04/01/2013 at 11:08
MWW - well done on your intervals
06/01/2013 at 07:50

Morning all

I had a good 10 mile LSR yesterday morning, longest I have run since last VLM. It was hard going but was pleased to have done the distance. Unfortunately, since yesterday afternoon I have developed a very painful neck and shoulder and pins and needles in my left arm and foot! Not sure what I have done

06/01/2013 at 09:56
MWW - well done ion your long run Hope your neck etc problem is temorary
06/01/2013 at 11:09

MWW, maybe you were tensing your arm or shoulder as you ran??

Long running tights have now arrived, haven't looked at them yet but I have a feeling I will look like a seal with them on as they are 'compression' tights!  I now have noo cold weather running gear - wonder what I should do now 

06/01/2013 at 11:23

Run TS? lol

I've been really under the weather since Thursday I feel nauseous and have a gurgly stomach but no other symptoms I felt a bit better today but feel rough again today I was talking to one of the girls at work on Friday and she had about a week of feeling like that too so perhaps its some sort of bug going round?

06/01/2013 at 15:38

MWW - I sometimes get that.  Happens to me if I'm on a long run and tense my shoulders.  Usually when I'm on a run I don't really feel like doing and can't get into so not enjoying much

Eeek TS - I bought some compression shorts and they made my legs ache like mad when I ran in them.  They've been left lurking at the bottom of my running gear box somewhere as I only wore them twice but felt like I shouldn't just throw them away 

I've got so much running gear, anyone would think I was a "serious" runner .  Got gear for all sizes and weather conditions

Hope you soon feel better Roobs.  Mr L's been poorly this weekend.  He had a bad night on Thursday night, waking up at 4am feeling really yucky.  Wasn't too bad on Friday and was ok to go to the panto with the grandkids on Friday night but woke up again at 4am on Saturday morning and was sick and that continued right through Saturday, on and off.  He had a good night last night though and we've been able to get the Christmas decs down in stages, some yesterday and finished off today.

07/01/2013 at 12:52
Lyndy - all that running gear is hand as I've borrowed a rain jacket from you
07/01/2013 at 18:45

Evening all

Still feeling a bit ropey. I feel better usually as the day goes on so I am going to have yet another early night and then run home from work tomorrow night and have another early night again.

So I won't be going to club tomorrow night Tracey - I've got all my food ready for tomorrow night for when I get in so that I can get to bed early I'll be back next week though

07/01/2013 at 21:29
Oh dear Roobs. Hope it soon passes. Mr L still keeps feeling cr@p on and off and can 't get rid of it and the cough.
Managed another 2.55 miles today 3 mins run/1 min walk for 32 minutes. Got 40 minutes tomorrow 3 mins run/2 mins walk.
Following the RW VLM Get You Round at the moment. Hope to upgrade to the sub 5 in a few weeks
Oooo 'ark at me following a Schedule
07/01/2013 at 21:58
Lyndy - you sound like your being sensible

I'm behind with my long runs as only upto 8 miles.
08/01/2013 at 12:08

Yes Lyndy 'ark at you!!   Well done though, you're getting out there and doing it.  I find it sooo hard to head off out on my own, I keep putting it off!  It's easier in Houston where I run with a group so that is 'fixed time' and I go pretty much every time.  I could go back to a running club here but they are all evening and I don't feel like heading out a couple of nights a week (in the dark at the mo!) after a day at home, it was much easier when I was at work and sort of had to do it nightime - do you see what I mean?   I am planning on going out today though, before the rain arrives!

Roobs, how are you feeling today?

8 miles would be a long run for me Tracey!!

See there is a marathon in York in November - home city??  Tempted by the race but not by the training

08/01/2013 at 12:35

Change of plan.  Running tomorrow instead of today because I'm a lot achey and don't want to go and twing something.

Might have been loosened up enough to go later this afternoon, but have got to pick Ellie up from school today and she's staying the night   It's ages since she last stayed over and I hardly get to see her these days as they've moved about 15 miles away and don't tend to come into Brighton at weekends

08/01/2013 at 14:13

I've been and I've run 

Really nice running weather, cool with a tiny breeze.  Put all my new slinky gear on and plugged my audiobook in and tootled off, got a little disorientated in a path through the woods which I have never been on before so ended up going in a bit of a circle and did 4.3 miles.  Pleased with that and it felt very easy, avg'd 10:40 mm so all in all a good run.

I haven't heard you mention Ellie much recently when you mention it Lyndy.  Hope you have a nice evening

08/01/2013 at 16:39
TS - I know what you mean about running in the evenings when you can do it in the day time.

Lyndy - I was going to give club a miss tonight as my legs are not up to a fast 6/7 miles. But I'm going to go and run with the slower group and use it as a recovery run.
08/01/2013 at 17:57

Since Ellie's been at school I hardly ever see her.  She goes to her nan's after school and in the school holidays because she worked in a secondary school so everything fitted in well for Ellie and she actually retired at Christmas, so even more available than ever.  Just means I get left out.  You know what they say, a daughter's a daughter for all of her life but a son's only a son til he marries a wife

She's cuddled up on the sofa with Granddad at the moment, watching Dora the Explorer Awe!

Actually got twitchly legs around lunchtime and really wanted to go for a run, but there just wasn't time to run, shower and be ready to pick Ellie up

08/01/2013 at 20:56

Lyndy - well doen on the running..must feel great to be back out there

Roobs - hope you are feeling better/ i see you were tempted by York!

TS - well done on your run great pace too

Tracey - hope the club run went well?

I am behind with the long runs too. Did 10 on Saturday but should have been 12...better to build up at a reasonable pace than get injured...again! Talking of which...my neck is still sore but improving. I did my 4 mile recovery run on the dreadmill yesterday to minimise impact. I did a spin class last night, kettlebells this morning and zumba tonight! Going to rest or swim in the morning and run again on Thursday. Hopefully will be fine by then!

09/01/2013 at 13:58

Hi all, room for one more on this forum ? Doing my 1st marathon at Blackpool on April 7th. PB's at mo for other distances are 55:15 for 10k.10 mile 1:36. Half marathon 2h 17.Hoping for around 5 hours or under fingers crossed. Anyone else looking for similar time doing Blackpool?

09/01/2013 at 14:07

km10, with a half marathon time like that, it's a fair target. You just need to build up your mileage nice and steadily.

Well done on 10 miles MWW. Like you, i've done very few longer runs since last VLM. Did 8.8 on Sunday, and it could count as a bit more as it was muddly & hilly off-road.

Isn't the Yorkshire marathon in October, not November? I spotted it too............

Good to see TS & Lyndy back running. If you fancied a daytime forest run sometime TS, say the word (though I will be away from 23/1 - 13/2)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.