Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,141 to 60,160 of 60,763 messages
09/01/2013 at 14:20

Thanks Diana, fingers crossed. Up to 12 miles on long run at mo, Got a 20 mile race early March, so at least should have bit of company for that, rather than doing long runs on my own.

09/01/2013 at 17:32

Diana, may just take you up on that offer, maybe when you are back?  Will need to build up a bit more distance though

Welcome km10 - you should easily hit sub 5 with those times!  As Diana said though take it easy in your build up so you don't get any injuries.  Those long training runs, when you get up around the 20 mile mark are tough, especially if you are doing them on your own.  Keep us up to date with how you are doing and pop in for a 'natter' anytime

09/01/2013 at 18:13
Welcome km10

Roobs - Sallysanne and Dan the couple with baby Ronnie came club last night. Ended up running with Dan as Sally was faster.

Went out this afternoon and ran 10 miles in 1:49. Legs know it now
09/01/2013 at 19:36

Hi km10 and welcome.

I didn't feel too bad yesterday and ran home from work last night as planned It was very slow tho lol

But today I feel absolutely crap. I thought I was going to throw up on the tube this morning and haven't eaten much all day Feel really sick  now

And yes I was tempted by the Yorkshire marathon Trying to get my older son to do it too as he has started running again........ I still have a faster marathon time than him lol

10/01/2013 at 12:38

Thanks everyone, is anybody else doing blackpool? And is there anyone on here at that sort of pace who lives anywhere near Lincoln and wants some company for the long runs?

10/01/2013 at 14:39

Some days when I train I feel great. On these days should I stick to running the plan or put in some extra miles?

Currently up to 10 miles for London.

All hilly routes too as I live/train  in the Wye Valley

10/01/2013 at 16:15

Lee,

I would stick to the plan, maybe a mile or so here or there not too bad, but too much too soon can cause injury which could set you back.  It is very easy to feel that things are great and run faster and/or longer then suddenly you start to get twinges ...

10/01/2013 at 17:19

Evening everyone

Welcome km10 and LeeB

Just done another 45 minutes run/walk and have now equalled my total mileage for the whole of 2012   Onwards and upwards as they say

10/01/2013 at 18:27
Lyndy - I was waiting for you to equal last years mileage
10/01/2013 at 18:29
Now you have to beat 2011 mileage Shouldn't be a problem
10/01/2013 at 19:15

32 miles to go then Tracey

10/01/2013 at 21:19

Welcome LeeB

Well, I felt so ill last night I thought I would have to take today off As well as the sick feeling, I was getting dizzy spells. So I dosed myself up with nytol and went to bed (my sleeping pattern is shot at the moment too ) and I woke up this morning feeling so much better. I didn't have dinner last night as I felt so rough and I didn't eat til around lunchtime today but everything seems good now. Thankfully.

I'm off work tomorrow so I'll do a 3 miler in the morning before I go out for the day. I'm off to see my ex-husband's wife; he left her a few months ago for a younger model. We've become good friends over the years

Then I need to do a long slow run on Sunday - about 8 miles if I can

10/01/2013 at 21:28

Hope you feeling better roobarb, good luck with long run, i've got a 10 mile on sunday

10/01/2013 at 21:50
Roobs - I went club and it was 1:18 mile warm up 1200m x 4 with 3 min recoveries then 1.18 mile cool down. I'm knackered now.
10/01/2013 at 22:17
Lyndy - little goals is the key. I'm sure you can do another 32 miles this month
11/01/2013 at 10:34

I'd better Tracey, but have you heard about the weather that's supposed to be coming our way.  Bliddy snow for THREE weeks.  Typical, just when I'm getting going

Seems a bit strange at the moment because I'm running by time and not distance so I wear both my Garmins, one set at intervals and the other to tell me my pace, distance and time

Glad you're feeling better Roobs, have a lovely day out today x

11/01/2013 at 10:49
You could always run around the football pitches in the park if is icy Lynda.
11/01/2013 at 15:29

Think i'm going to move long run to Saturday this weekend, as Met office has given weather warning for snow on Sunday with us too  and live in small village so all long runs are out in the open countryside on quite country paths and roads.

11/01/2013 at 17:45

km, I remember well those days when I had to check the weather to see which was the best day to run.  I remember missing one long run completely, I think around the 15 mile mark, when it was such dreadful weather that neither day was any good.  I don't mind getting caught in the rain, but setting off in it, especially for a long run is a no no for me 

Lyndy, you won't get snow in Brighton!  Might be across your way in the next week or so.  We are planning to go see a US immigration attorney and he has offices in Brighton.

Glad you're feeling better Rooobs, hope your long run goes OK

Might have to do a run on Sunday, unless I get up early in the morning.  we have lunch with friends organised and it always ends up lasting until evening.

11/01/2013 at 17:51

km10, I don't think any of us are over your way, unfortunately. A lot of us have actually met up at various times at races, but otherwise don't see each other.

TopSec, get in touch as & when. I suppose it's hardly worth getting together for a couple of miles, but that is often all I do! Not sure what I'll try on Sunday. I intend to finally do a Parkrun tomorrow - will see if I can get up in time!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.