Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,201 to 60,220 of 60,764 messages
16/01/2013 at 18:29
km10 - hope you don't get dizzy
16/01/2013 at 20:09

I've done 14 marathons so far - would have been around the same as Tracey, if not more, if I hadn't had a year off last year

And yes, definitely stay km

I went to see the doc this morning - I have to go and get a full 'blood MoT' tomorrow. He wants everything checked out because of my stomach problems. Even my vitamin D level! Wonder if he will prescribe a nice long holiday in the sun if that's low lol I am starting to feel like I need one at the moment..........

16/01/2013 at 20:29

Definetley staying Roobarb, thanks

Lol Tracey, managed to find a loop where either paths were clear, or grass verges were ok to run on . 4 mile tonight in 39:21. Not bad to say it cold out there -7 when i got home from work. Brrrrrrrrr 

16/01/2013 at 22:14
km10 - Roobs is going to over take me with her marathons this year
16/01/2013 at 22:26
Wow. I wanted to do one before i turned 40. Just going to do it as it is my 40th the day after my marathon
16/01/2013 at 23:45

VLM will be number 25 for me (22 marathons and 2 ultras).  Went over to Bicester tonight to do intervals, I can't get a reasonably flat bit above 400m long round here.

17/01/2013 at 08:42

Morning everyone

After a very positive start I've entered a definite slump this week.  Had too many interruptions during the day to make it difficult to get out - a condequence of all those grandchildren bless 'em

What part of Lincolnshire are you km10?  I'm originally from Peterborough but moved here to Brighton in 1989 but travel back to Peterborough every 4-5 weeks to see my mum. 

Talking of which THANK YOU WEATHER   Another week until I have to go up there.  She actually phoned last night and said she didn't think we should travel with all the snow and ice, just as Mr L and I were saying that that would be the last thing she would do!

17/01/2013 at 12:02

Result Lyndy

17/01/2013 at 12:21

Hi Lyndy, I live just outside Lincoln, grew up in spalding, so used to spend quite alot of my saturdays with mates in queensgate shopping centre, lol.

17/01/2013 at 14:57

I was up near Peterborough havign lunch last week, can't remember where now!  We were meeting some friends who live in Tetney.

Been back to the gym today, was going to run but I was being a bit of a wuss about the footpaths being icy, Mr TS would kill me if I fell again and broke bones   Going off road is out as it is just too wet.

Did Spinning and a Pilates class, never done Pilates before, was OK but killed my back a couple of times (which is why I need to do it!!)

Heading up to London later, Mr TS has a business dinner he wants me to join him.  I should have had him put some clothes or shoes in the car as I am travelling up by train but have to be dressed smartly for the dinner, that's not so much of a problem, rather the jounrey home, 80 miles back down the M3, just hope the weather doesn't come in early, I'll look a right div on the hard shoulder in my high heels!!

17/01/2013 at 16:47

Result there Lyndy   We should have been travelling up to Rugby but have put it off due to the weather.

17/01/2013 at 17:00

Hello all

Lyndy - the bad weather brings some positives

TS - I don't blame you re: running in the icy conditions. I'll never risk it again after an awful fall two years ago!

Km10 - I have done VLM 4 times in 5 years! Twice by ballot and twice as Gold Bond places. Aiming for brighton now! I would have never thought I would complete  a marathon when I first started running....go for it!

I have only run once this week...did 5 miles on Monday and have done some spinning, kettle bells and zumba. I was planning on doing 5-6 miles this morning but I have a sore neck and shin so leaving it for the LSR at the weekend (weather permitting)! 

17/01/2013 at 21:08
Sitting on the sofa wrapped in a duvet. Very lazy! Probably run at the weekend. Thank goodness you don't have to travel Lyndy. Not sensible.
17/01/2013 at 21:19

Moving up to 12 mile this weekend, probably out in the snow . Great day today, honetly!!!! Got out to car this morning, started first time, then whilst i was outside clearing the windows, it cut out and would'nt start  had to get green flag out, apparently diesel goes all gloopy when temp below -10, was -12 here last night

17/01/2013 at 21:47
km10 - you need MWW duvet to keep your car warm

5 min x 4 intervals with 3 min recoveries.

8:50
8:45
8:58
17/01/2013 at 22:00

MWW???

Well done on interval session Tracey

18/01/2013 at 07:00
Sorry LTS duvet
18/01/2013 at 10:11

Morning Ladies,

Safe journey back from London at midnight, no snow at all, it has arrived overnight though and we have about 3" at the mo, still snowing but has eased to light stuff.

Back and tum a little bit sore from Pilates so hopefully if I can stick with it I will strengthen my core and make it a bit more supple.

No chance of a run really today, will try to get out for a walk though.  Bad news re the car km  

Quick times there Tracey!

Keep warm and safe everybody

18/01/2013 at 14:36

Was the "Morning" just to the ladies Topsec, or to us gents as well?  Lol. Or am i the only one on here . Hope you all have good weekend, got 5 mile to do tonight, just started snowing at home, again, then 12 on sunday, and according to met office, not really going to stop snowing all weekend  should be fun.

18/01/2013 at 15:48

km, you can be an honorary Lady

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.