Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,281 to 60,300 of 60,765 messages
02/02/2013 at 22:08
Lovely run along Worthing seafront this morning in the sunshine. Sun felt quite warm on my face. Temperature has dropped tonight though and we've now got a log fire roaring away. Love Saturday nights in.
03/02/2013 at 19:44

Done my longest run i've ever done today, 14.4 miles in 2h 44m, legs were suffering bit near the end, but feeling ok after some food and a hot bath

03/02/2013 at 19:55
Well done KM10. Good going. You're well on your way now. I'm not doing a marathon this year but I've run 7 over the past few years including London 3 times. Never made it under 5 hours though. Last year was 5 hours and 46 seconds and a couple of years before that 5 hours and 40 seconds. I must have a steady pace! Everyone on here has done loads of marathons, especially Roobs and Tracey!
03/02/2013 at 21:01
Well done km10

Got my long run of 15 miles tomorrow Not looking forward to it.
04/02/2013 at 11:19

Thanks LTS, that must have been a little frustrating with being seconds over the 5 hours.

Thanks Tracey, and good luck with your 15, hope not as windy as it is here

04/02/2013 at 12:40
15 miles in 2:46:46. Didn't enjoy running onto a head wind
04/02/2013 at 12:48

Thats good going Tracey, well done , know exactly what you mean bout the head wind, bored with weather recently  . You get the snow and ice, then the rain, which not too bad, then the rain stops and get Gail force winds . Would be nice just to do a run thats not slippy or windy

04/02/2013 at 19:11

Evening all

Stomach permitting, I may do a little run tomorrow lunchtime Just to see how I get on

Well done everyone on their runs

04/02/2013 at 21:05

Evening Roobarb, hope you manage to get a little run in

04/02/2013 at 21:53
Good to see you're feeling a little better Roobs.
05/02/2013 at 06:19
Fingers crossed Roobs
05/02/2013 at 10:54

Hope you get that run in Roobs   Fingers crossed for you.

Well done on the 15 miles Tracey.

Anyone on here doing Brighton Half on the 17th.  I had hoped to do it but am now donning my Volunteer's had again and will be handing out medals.  So if you are running it look out for me at the finish line   And apparently all of us voluteers will be donning out hats this year because they are giving us all a red "marshals" hat so we can be recognised in the crowds

Today I have a new house guest arriving.  His bed is ready and waiting and some new toys.  He will be staying with me for just over two weeks.  His name is Bones and he's the biggest, hairest, German Shepherd dog you ever did see!!  His daddy (my grandson, Jay) is off on holiday for two weeks with his mum, step-dad and brother and sisters so grandma is on dog walking duties.  AND  I'm really looking forward to it.  So, there won't be any running done by me for the next couple of weeks, but there will be lots of long walks

05/02/2013 at 12:52
Lyndy - that is if Bones doesn't take you for a run

Roobs - let me know if you want to go club but not running as I might go there for a drink
05/02/2013 at 14:38

He's big enough to ride on Tracey!!!!  In fact, the kids do sometimes when they're playing with them 

The only problem I'm really going to have is that when Jay's away Bones won't eat so you have to sit with him all the time until he's finished his food.  the kids stayed last weekend so I've got Jay's pyjamas and put them inside the bed that I've bought for Bones so that Bones can smell him. Hopefully it will help him to settle in as it's the first time he's stayed here.

Worse than having a baby stay

05/02/2013 at 20:13

No run

Sorry Tracey - only just seen your post. I'm really tired so I'm having an early night - on my way to bed now.

05/02/2013 at 21:10
Happy dog sitting Tracey. Sorry you're still not feeling well Roobs. I'll be at Brighton Lindi, so hope to say Hi. Not running but supporting daughter - it will be her first ever race!
05/02/2013 at 21:12
Sorry, meant happy dog sitting Lyndy. Unless you've got a dog as well Tracey.
06/02/2013 at 13:03

Probably see you there then LTS.  How does your daughter feel about her first race.  I remember I was terrified, but then I always am before a race.  Well, not terrified, but apprehensive.  It's as much as I can do to get any food inside me on race morning because I'm choking with every mouthful

06/02/2013 at 16:39

Just so you know - this is "The Hound", otherwise known as Bones

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/9051/gallery/bones.jpg?width=350

Back is killing me right now, not used to walking in wellies

Had a lovely walk around the park this morning and had driven there because I had to take Ellie to school first, so it was just a quick jump into the car and a short drive home once he'd had enough.  This afternoon we walked right across the park around the back of the caravan site (Sheepcote Tracey) and I was going to carry on the Sheepcote Valley but all of a sudden he decided he'd had enough and he was off.  He's really good and will come back when he's called, but for safety's sake I put him on his lead well before we got back to the main road.  He's obviously NOT been taught to walk to heel!!!!!

Need to build up on HIS stamina so I can get the lovely long walks in I'd mentally planned

06/02/2013 at 21:17

That poor dog will go back a shadow of his former self Lyndy lol

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.