Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,341 to 60,360 of 60,765 messages
19/02/2013 at 23:12

Hello all!

Not been on here much lately  Back in Houston for a couple of weeks, wasn't really planned but Mr TS had to be out here, I stayed home as we are having the house knocked about and loads of building work done but I gave in and came out here as I had no kitchen, no floor downstairs, no heating etc!  Did a week up in Yorkshire and then headed out here!  Back 1st March.

Running not been great, went out with my friends here on Monday, only did 3 and a bit miles and not very fast.  Did do a long fast bike ride this morning though.

You all sound to be doing great though!

Sorry to hear about your Father MWW x

20/02/2013 at 08:05
Morning all

Ran 5.17 miles yesterday at club in 51:13
20/02/2013 at 21:17

Evening all

I was going to go to club last night and do a run/walk with Karen who is starting out again but I was late leaving work. That's two nights in a row!!!! I left on time today though. I'm going tomorrow night though

20/02/2013 at 21:59
Roobs - have fun tomorrow night x
21/02/2013 at 09:15

Morning all

Today is the last day of my doggie walking duties.  The kids come home late tonight so Bones will be going home in the morning   That is, if I answer the phone.  If I don't answer the phone, they'll think I'm out and won't be able to collect him

21/02/2013 at 22:50

Run off with him Lyndy

Perhaps they will give you visitation rights....... you could get to spend a day with him during the week

I runned! I went to club to the 'getyourarseback' group We did 2.23 miles doing 15mins out and 15mins back, run 4mins/walk 1 min. I think there must have been 7 or 8 of us all starting out again after a break so I was in good company

22/02/2013 at 09:55
Well done Roobs
22/02/2013 at 17:35

Hello all

Roobs - well done

Lyndy- shame you can't keep Bones

Not a good week ofr me, no running since last Saturday, shins very sore again after doing 12 miles Feeling completely exhausted and struggling to keep up with work and family at the moment. I think I will have to admit defeat and pull out of Brighton Maybe do some short runs for a few months and see how it goes. Some issues with my sister over my fathers estate have really upset me this week 

23/02/2013 at 11:36

Well, Bones is still here.  The kids landed back at 11pm on Thursday, so by the time they all got home it would have been around 1am yesterday so I didn't expect to hear from anyone until lunchtime.  Still haven't heard anything, so don't know what is going on at all.  I have sent text messages to DiL and her hubby and to two of the kids, but not getting any answers.  The kids have texted asking when they're getting him back and I've told them to tell mum to call me, but nothing, nada, zilch!!!!

23/02/2013 at 12:44

Perhaps you can keep him Lyndy

I did a parkrun this morning Very slow but I think I managed to sneak in under 40 minutes. I forgot to turn my garmin off so I am waiting for the official result to go on the site

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend I've got bread on the go in the breadmaker and already cooked the bolognaise sauce for dinner tonight so I am ahead of myself at the moment. Expecting to fall asleep very soon lol

23/02/2013 at 19:12

Bones has gone home

25/02/2013 at 09:39

Oh well, it had to happen.  Looks like I've upset DiL from Hell again.  She messaged me late on Saturday night moaning about the fact that when they were all on holiday her and her OH didn't get any time to themselves and that at least one of the kids was with them all the time and could I have them for two weeks in August (I'm already having them for one week as it's her OH's 50th birthday) so that they could get some time on their own.

Left it until Sunday morning when I'd calmed down a bit and told her that I was surprised that she had even thought about let alone wanted time without the kids on holiday as it was supposed to be a famliy holiday, then told her that as much as we love the kids it's not a case of can't have them for two weeks in August, but I don't actually want to have them for two weeks as it's too much for two adults, one huge dog and four kids in a two bedroomed flat for two weeks!!!!! And I do actually have other grandchildren who want my time!!!!!!

Am I being unreasonable????

And BREATHE.  Hmm - rant over

25/02/2013 at 16:04
Lyndy - I wouldn't go away on holiday for more than a weekend with out my kids. She's a shellfish cow.
25/02/2013 at 16:25

+1 what Tracey has said. 

25/02/2013 at 16:51

I know what you mean Tracey and Cinders. I don't know of anyone else who would dream of going away for more than a weekend without their kids. She was just the same with her older four girls who are now in their 20s.  Couldn't wait to get away from them, but in those days it was only for the odd weekend here and there.  Now it seems it's long weekends every few months.  The original plan for August was that she was taking her OH to Vegas for a week for his 50th birthday.  Now she wants two weeks at the hotel they've all just been to.

Anyway, I've now had a reply from her and she's definitely on a back-track because she's twisted it arount to saying that the holiday was a family holiday and it was lovely all being together but when they got home and back to all the humdrum stuff she realised that her and OH hadn't had a minute to themselves.  Still can't see what the problem is, it was a "family holiday" so she shouldn't even be thinking about not having any time to themselves.  And as for wanting two weeks away on their own.  I thing a week is far long enough when she's got young kids.  Plenty of time for all that when the kids have grown up and can look after themselves.  Trouble is, the kids would rather be with us than at home anyway so it's no hardship for them if mum goes away and leaves them, they love it.  In fact, they did say to us that they weren't bothered about going on holiday anyway.  They'd have rather stayed here with us and the dog

25/02/2013 at 16:55

Knackered now!!!!  MiL has just had a new walk-in shower installed by the council as she can't get in her bath anymore.  The guy finished on Friday and I had intended to clean up on Saturday, but we took her to B&Q to get all new bathroom fittings, and then to Asda to do her shopping and yesterday took her out for lunch for a belated birthday present.

Today I've been at her little two bedroomed flat for 5 1/2 hours cleaning.  It was thick with dust everywhere and just went on and on for ever. Anyway, all done now.  All I need now is a nice hot shower, but Ellie's here for the night so will wait until Mr L gets home and he can sit with her while I have a shower and wash my hair.  Taken as long as running a marathon and twice as hard I think

25/02/2013 at 17:18
Dil doesn't know how lucky she is. Bernard and I get one weekend off a year when we go away in our caravan for Beachy Head marathon.
25/02/2013 at 17:20
Spent all day picking our caravan up from repair in Stebbing and then taking it to new storage in Ashford, Kent.
25/02/2013 at 19:03

Lyndy - will you have Bradley for a fortnight for me please?

25/02/2013 at 20:54
Well, I've said it before Lindi, you're a saint. Don't know how you manage it all. What's the point in having so many kids if you don't enjoy their company, particularly on holiday?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.