Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,401 to 60,420 of 60,765 messages
21/03/2013 at 13:14
Just got my Brighton marathon email with race number and pen. I'm pink 4:30 to 5:00
23/03/2013 at 17:22

Just realised it's only three weeks to Brighton Marathon.  Guess I'd better start doing some training after all .............................................................................

I've got to run the mini-mile with my grandson LOL :P

I'll have to take him to the start then run the mile along side somewhere so that I'm there at the finish for him because I don't think anyone else will be getting off their @r$es to cheer him on.  Mr L is going to try to be there but at the moment his back kills him when we has to walk any distance or if he has to stand around too much   (Of course he's one of DiL from Hell's sons, that's why he won't have any home support )

If I check in to the Volunteers' tent first then I'll at least have my volunteers' blue t-shirt on so that will get me past any marshalls

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 17:23
23/03/2013 at 18:45
Lynda - your grandson will have a great time running the Brighton Mini Mile. The smile on his face will be all worth it. I remember doing the Mini Great South Run with Andre.

If he likes running maybe you could take him parkrun.
23/03/2013 at 18:57
We're in Brighton tonight. Fab to see so many runners out

Lol Lyndy. Hope he has fun doing the mini mile
24/03/2013 at 06:35

Hello all

Tracey - getting close now...very exciting for you!

Lyndy - the mini-mile sounds like fun

I have deferred my Brighton entry and cancelled my travelodge booking Feeling very dissappointed but given the injuries and the minimal amount of running I have done, and now have a cold, I can barely run a bath never mind a marathon! I am looking at building up towards some races later in the year, but not sure whether to stick to shorter distances for a while?

Hope you all have a good day...no snow in Swansea...we have been quite lucky here!

24/03/2013 at 13:00

Sorry to hear that I won't be seeing you at the fnish line MWW.  Hope you soon get over all your injuries ((((()))))

No snow here, but my mother rang me early this morning (said she forgot it was Sunday!!!!!) to say that they'd had a lot of snow in Peterbrough overnight and he was worried because her carer last night had left the keysafe cover off so she just hoped that the key was in there okay.  HUMPH!!!!! like I was going to be able to do anything about it anyway   Never did get back to sleep so was up at 9am.  Hardly ever heard of on a Sunday unless I've got something planned 

24/03/2013 at 20:36

I'm hoping to be sub 5 in Brighton

My first Marathon and its one hell of a journey so far.

25/03/2013 at 08:25

Morning Roberto.

I'll be at the finish line giving out medals Roberto and handing out tissues to all those who are feeling emotional.  And there will be lots of them

25/03/2013 at 09:25

Hello Lyndylou, I plan on having a good sob at the finish as I know it will be an emotional ride

25/03/2013 at 19:42
Hi Roberto, I'm doing Brighton for the 4th year running
25/03/2013 at 19:50

Don't worry Roberto.  I've had the biggest, sweattiest, snottiest men crying on my shoulder as they got their medal from me so you won't be the first, or my no means the last.  It makes me really emotional too, because I know exactly how they/you all feel having been a complete wreck each time I've finished London 

25/03/2013 at 19:51

Forgot to say Roberto make sure you stay on here regularly up til Brighton and I'll tell you what I'll be wearing on the day (that's different to all the other volunteers) so that you can easily pick me out and introduce yourself.  That's if you can actually remember when the time comes 

25/03/2013 at 19:52
Lyndy - I know what your be wearing if its cold
25/03/2013 at 20:22

Yeah I bet I know too lol!

How about if I go to the start with your grandson Lyndy so you can be there at the end waiting for him? I'm coming down for the day anyway to support Millie from Fetch as she should be doing it and of course to see our Tracey out on the course I suppose I should defer my place really. Although I deferred last year and they didn't contact me! I entered when the entries opened.

I went to Hastings yesterday for the half marathon. Feckin hills! I only walked them and I have achey legs and buttocks today!

25/03/2013 at 20:36
Roobs - what time is Millie aming for?
25/03/2013 at 20:38
Roobs - mile speed session on Thursday
26/03/2013 at 09:25

Sounds like a good idea Roobs.  Come down for the weekend, after all, you've still got tea bags and, most importantly, wine in my cupboard. Have emailed you

If I'd known you were going down to Hastings I'd have met up with you

26/03/2013 at 22:11

Lyndy - Celia (Rebel) came for the weekend. We had arranged to go down and surprise Beanie at the end and didn't say a word to anyone in case it got back to her lol! The look on her face was so funny when she saw us...... it was completely blank as if to say 'wtf??' lol

Waiting to speak to Karen about Brighton weekend. She's at a wedding at the moment but I should see her on Thursday.

27/03/2013 at 10:03

:P  A bit like your face when you saw us on your BIG (shhhh) birthday then

27/03/2013 at 20:29

that was my 'drink us dry' party Lyndy!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.