Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,421 to 60,440 of 60,764 messages
28/03/2013 at 10:22

Oh yes, course it was   Will be the anniversary soon cos I remember it was the night before VLM and we ended up staying the the salubrious surroundings of Gants Hill because hotels were sooooo expensive that weekend.  That's why we nearly didn't come. Wish someone had taken a photo of your face when you saw us.  Talk about gobsmacked.  For once you were speechless!!!

29/03/2013 at 20:46

That doesn't happen very often lol!

Went to support Kaz from Fetch (who is a fellow club member) at her 100th marathon today. Was a lovely sunny day but absolutely feckin' freezing! I spent a fair bit of time in the pub keeping warm while she was out on her laps lol! Caught up with lots of people today - its made me realise just how much I've missed racing Still, got a five miler on 7th April That will be a pb as the only other one I have done was last year while I was having my treatment Or have I already said that before.......... brain is definitely going!

31/03/2013 at 21:57

You've been getting around with your supporter's role Roobs 

Completed my 'run every day in March' challenge today, and totalled 130 miles for the month. This is the most I've done in a month since I started running. Slightly tough this morning after not as lot of sleep and too much alcohol, as it was OH's 60th birthday party last night. At least I can go to bed an hour early with the clock change!

31/03/2013 at 22:42
Well done Diana I've only done 96.5 miles
02/04/2013 at 11:32

I managed 30 lol

Well done you two

I knocked another two minutes off my parkrun time on Saturday That's 6 minutes off now since my first one on 23rd Feb I feel like I am finally starting to get somewhere although every run is still feeling hard. Got Braintree 5 on Sunday I would just like to get round in under an hour I have to start watching myself as I keep starting off too fast lol!

08/04/2013 at 09:11

Well done yesterday Roobs - proper gazellish LOL 

08/04/2013 at 18:19
Well done Roobs on your pb Training is working well x
12/04/2013 at 21:19

Thank you Tracey Hopefully I'll beat that again at Hastings 5

13/04/2013 at 07:04

Hello all

Not been a great week for me...floored by a horrible virus Going to try a short run/walk this morning though

Tracey - GOOD LUCK for tomorrow, have a great run I am gutted I had to pull out of Brighton, hopefully next year 

Lyndy - have a great day too, are you giving out medals again?

Good Luck anyone else taking part this weekend

13/04/2013 at 11:16
Hope you're feeling better now MWW.

Have a good run Tracey
14/04/2013 at 22:19

Hope it went well Tracey.  Who else will be in London next Sunday?  I'm off to the Expo on Wednesday wearing my bright pink hoodie so I don't get mistaken for a tory mourner

15/04/2013 at 08:52
Didn't get a sub 5hrs at Brighton put knocked of 6mins and 28 secs. Finished in 5:07:44
15/04/2013 at 08:53
Bridget - think its Andre's annual review of his statement on Wednesday
15/04/2013 at 09:00

Well done Tracey

15/04/2013 at 10:28

Morning everyone

Well done Tracey.  It was an honour to give you your medal for your new PB 

Also got to see Hippo and she's put a lovely?? photo of me on FB of the moment I realised that the lady who was taking my photo was her.  Wondered what was going on for a minute until I noticed her 

It was a long day, down at the start around 07:30 and eventually finished about 4:30. It was freesing cold first thing , the wind was biting, but once the sun came out at lunchtime it was really hot and I've got lovely red puffy cheeks to prove it (forgot to put my sunscreen on  )

Roobs came down for the weekend and we went to The Expo on Saturday afternoon.  Bimbled around a bit and met up with Tracey but there was nothing worth buying and after a coffee we summoned a taxi, otherwise known as Mr L  and headed off home. droping Tracey off at her campsite on the way.  It was pouring with rain and blowing a gale all day, but luckily Mr L was more than happy to take us there and pick us up so didn't have to get soaked.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend.  Great to have Roobs down here again, meet up with Tracey and see Tracey finish her PB and see Hippo again.

Here's to Brighton Marathon 2014 

15/04/2013 at 10:31

On a down note.  There was one fatality in the marathon.  A guy of 23 collapsed on the course at 16 miles and despite CPR at the scene and cardio surgery when he reached hospital, he died in hospital.  RIP Marathon Runner (we don't have a name yet).  A very sad end to what was otherwise a brilliant day.

15/04/2013 at 10:40

And nearly forgot.  The highlights are going to be on Channel 4 at 07:05 on Saturday morning.

15/04/2013 at 14:39

Well done Tracey! Getting closer to that sub 5, and I'm sure you don't plan to give up marathons, so sure you'll get there. A girl from our club did her first marathon at Brighton, and managed a 4:54 I think - she's very thrilled, but can't get down stairs normally today. She'll probably be almost immobile tomorrow.

Sounds a really full and enjoyable week-end Lyndy, but as you say, the fatality casts a cloud over the day. Very sad.

Had a lovely week-end in Cambridge last week-end, for a wedding, but we stayed 3 nights, so time for sightseeing and the Cambridge parkrun. I beat my Southampton time, but it may have been an easier course. Didn't feel it after I'd been out late the night before drinking bubbly with the bride's family though!

15/04/2013 at 16:02

Lyndy - that photo of you looks lovely

16/04/2013 at 14:19

Hiya everyone

Was a lovely weekend in Brighton Only marred by a stupid, selfish fetchie who I will probably knock out if I see her again lol!

I managed not to put on any weight which was a bonus - especially if you consider what I ate

It was great to be there for Tracey's pb We both entered next year's race and that will be another pb for both of us - I'm certain of that!

Now we just have to convince a certain Brighton resident that she really should do her home marathon............................ lol

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.