Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,521 to 60,540 of 60,643 messages
07/10/2013 at 20:08

I need to buy new running shoes????

08/10/2013 at 03:55

Thank you Roobarb, fingers crossed.  Hoping to find someone to run with at the start as I am sure there must be a few other slow runbera doing it and it would be nice to have company for 5 hours!!

Why are new shoes needed?

08/10/2013 at 12:31

I've done 409 miles in them. Will use them for Beachy and then they are redundant.

08/10/2013 at 17:17

I'm tracking the mileage on mine too Tracey.......... if I don't, I get terrible knee pains and also Achilles problems if they get too old

08/10/2013 at 21:35

Oh no, nice mileage but maybe bad timing!!

i have a new pair a few weeks back so they will hopefully be nicely worn in!

only a couple of weeks to go.  Great short but steady club run tonight.  Good to know that after a mile warm up my legs felt stronger.

10/10/2013 at 13:24

Hello all

Not having a great week I did the Cardiff half marathon on Sunday and went over on my ankle at 2 miles, very incoinsiderate runner in frony of me just dropped their water bottle! I have been on crutches ever since, but feeling a bit better now. However, this becomes totally insignificant in the light of the news that a lovely local runner, who I have done some long runs with in the past, died during the Lyon Marathon last weekend.  He was only 56 and an all round lovely human being, so sad.

10/10/2013 at 14:04

For some reason I have missed this thread! and as it sums me up quite well at the moment, I thought i'd pop in and say hello 

Doing Beachy in 2 weeks, really looking forward to it too 

Sub 5 hour will keep me happy, then training over winter after wards. At 55 tho, I really dont expect (and am also not that bothered) to make serious improvements to the time, as I like things the way they are!

10/10/2013 at 19:20

CheeseyRider - welcome to our thread ????Are you amining for sub 5 at Beachy???? See you at the start with Roobarb. Will be with our Dagenham 88 club mates ????

10/10/2013 at 19:23

MWW - sad news about your friend What damage have you done to your ankle?

Have ordered a new pair of running shoes

10/10/2013 at 21:38

MWW so sorry to hear that, that is awful.  Also sorry to hear about your ankle.  Lots of hugs xxx

12/10/2013 at 12:17

TG: yes, sub 5 I will be happy with, anything else is a bonus but to be honest, I will be happy just to finish.

I'll keep an eye out for you at the start.

14/10/2013 at 13:39

Hellooooo - long time since I've been on here  BUT, I am pleased to announce that I've just run THREE miles. Thought it was about time I cashed in on all the dog walking I've been doing lately and dust off the cobwebs from my trainers and get my @r$e out there and run.  It's been ages since I last ran and I had only intended to do two miles, but felt good at the turnaround point so decided to carry on.  Had to stop a couple of times because the top of my quadricep was a bit tight to had to give it a stretch, but yes, done it and feeling good 

14/10/2013 at 22:58

Lyndy - well done. Sir Benson & Lord Bones have worked their magic

14/10/2013 at 23:35

Oooo, Mr Bones has been promoted Tracey

15/10/2013 at 06:55

Well done Lyndy 

15/10/2013 at 09:16

Legs feeling surprisingly good this morning.  Was beginning to think that I might have over-done it last night as they started to stiffen up, but they're ok this morning

21/10/2013 at 19:30

Well not sub 5 hours but 5:11 at Abingdon and Roobarb they did let me finish.  Thrilled with my medal, but next time I want sub 5!!

Yes I know I said time!  It's addictive ????

21/10/2013 at 20:18

MWW - sorry to hear about you falling How are you now? Still on crutches? And sorry to hear of your friend xxx

Well done AT - you'll crack it next time, I'm sure

Cheesy Rider - hopefully see you at the start on Saturday. I'll be wearing a GRACE vest which is mauve with white writing

I withdrew from Yorkshire yesterday as I picked up the bug that is doing the rounds in the office I've had a nice quiet weekend all to myself as I packed Brad off up to Leeds to stay with his brother as planned anyway So nice having the place to myself - no stress

Well done on the run Lyndy

21/10/2013 at 20:40

Will keep an eye out

I'll have my white Centurion top, a black Lanzarote cap and a red/grey bottle vest on

Thats assuming its not 3deg, peeing down and windy

22/10/2013 at 06:34

CheesyRider - 4 sleeps to go.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.