Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

60,561 to 60,580 of 60,749 messages
09/07/2013 at 17:30

Afternoon all

Well what glorious weather

Did a 7 mile run this morning - I need to get some long slow runs in and Dog, was it slow!  Think it was 1:24 or something, about 11:30 min miling.  For some reason it just felt really hard, wasn't the heat as it hadn't got too hot, it's done anyway which was the main thing

Had a jug of Pimms the other day, I like to mix it 1:2 rather than 1:3 - too weak otherwise, it did go straight to Mr TS' head though.  In fact may make another now, just a glass mind you as Mr TS isn't home yet.

11/07/2013 at 08:01

All these early mornings and long doggy walks are playing havoc with my notwantingtogetupness!

11/07/2013 at 17:55

Hows Bones settling into Lyndy's flat?

Went out for a 4 mile run this afternoon ????My fastest 4 miles this year in 36:54

12/07/2013 at 11:55

Good running there Tracey 

How's things going Lyndy, settled back in yet?

Went to a Step & Tone class this morning, there seemed to be a lot of 'tone' and not so mush 'step' - I flipping ached everywhere!!  Decided to stay on and do the next Step & Tone class which isn't as tough, so am completely knackered now.  There will be no running or exercise of any kind this weekend - I think my body is zonked!  Although I may pop into town on my bike which is a couple of miles each way but apart from the hills it's fairly easy!

I love this weather, who wants to be anywhere but UK when it is like this!?

12/07/2013 at 12:43

Bones is well settled in Tracey.  Thoroughly enjoying himself at Grandma's.  We leave the balcony door open at night for him and he likes sleeping out there in the cool.  We keep getting a cold nose giving us a nudge every so often just to make sure we're still there though :P

20/07/2013 at 15:20

Had an absolutely brilliant day out yesterday with Kirsty at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park GoLocal Event for all the Olympic Gamesmakers and Ambassadors. There was a fantastic Master of Ceremonies, getting the whole thing started with Tess Daly hosing the main acts.  Star turn was McFly - not really my choice of "star" but they were really good.  Other acts included The Feeling, Spellbound, Gabz & Jack Carroll from BGT. The Pandemonium Drummers from the Games opening ceremony got it all off to a rousing start and it was non stop from around 2pm until 8:20.  Was supposed to finish at 7pm but over ran and was eventually put to a halt by the police, who had to get the crowds out and the roads that they'd closed to allow for the crowds to leave open again.  Everything aches today from all the dancing and jumping around - watch this and see how the crowds went mad https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=482237731864265.

Sorry we didn't get to catch up Roobs.  Will have tokame sure that I give you notice next time.  Wasn't til we got to London Bridge and I said to Kirsty that that was where you worked I realised I'd not called you  Will remember next time though

20/07/2013 at 22:19

A good race. not as GCtastic as 2011 but froome was a lot closer to losing it than the 5mins would have you believe. so room for years of argument there over stage 9 and whether froome could have lost the jersey.
Some good stages and good attitude. all obvious performances people have pointed out but in general the riders rose to the challenge and gave it a good go. a lot of teams underperformed or failed to show but plenty tried. BMC punched below their weight but tried  Good to see the sprints shared about.
Europacar were moronic at times and made poor use of what they had. feel sorry for thibout and fdj. just fell apart. Astana were poor. birdsong was just left to it on his own.
+ marks for saxo and garmin really making a race of it at times along with quickstep/belkin. shame for them that the dutch challenge faded in the alpes.
the suffering on the alpe looking very convincing all round. the sharp end of that day took years off riders. Young men at bottom where middle aged at the top
the structure of the race was good...tweak it here and there.  shout out for the second technical  hilly tt which was  very successful at producing a close stage and decent spectacle.
the whole day on the alpe was pretty memorable as stages go. ...
overall not 1987 or 89 but a hell of a lot better than 2008, 2012, 2004, 2005 and a host of others
ok better or worse than 2011?... I would say better because it was more engaging the whole way through where as 2011 didn't come alive until the 3rd.   www.d2ride.co.uk

23/07/2013 at 17:26

Wrong thread? 

27/07/2013 at 13:52

I thought that Cinders but RW won't let me look at his/her profile so can't see where else they've posted but they've got 71 forum posts somewhere 

29/07/2013 at 09:20

Morning ladies ????

Had a crap 10 mile race that I felt really ill throughout.

30/07/2013 at 21:59

where have we all gone?

31/07/2013 at 00:17

yooooo hoooooo everyone

31/07/2013 at 16:51

Bernard, Andre and I are of to Brighton for our summer holiday next week.

01/08/2013 at 23:52

I will come a visiting

02/08/2013 at 19:10

????????????????

04/08/2013 at 21:13

Evening all

Have a nice time in Brighton Tracey

06/08/2013 at 10:24

Oh dear, what is it with Tracey and Brighton.  Every time she comes down here I'm off up to Peterborough.  Not doing it on purpose Tracey, promise.

Only going away for one night this time.  We are committed to attending DiL from Hell's OH's surprise 50th birthday party on Friday night - long story - so will be travelling up to mum's on Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday evening as Monday I have to take Paul, Kirsty, Chloe and Ellie to Gatwick for their long awaited holiday.

Talking of Gatwick, I've not got four weeks of Gatwick runs.  Monday next week, Tuesday the week after to take my other son and his family, Tuesday the week after that to collect Paul et al and take them home then Wednesday the week after that to collect Simon and co - phew - my car will be able to drive itself there.

Both families have very early morning flights so are staying at The Gatwick North Premier Inn the night before - part of the deal as I said that no way was I getting up at the crack of dawn to take them so they'd have to stay up there or make other arrangements!  

On top of that I'll be Beagle sitting as I'm looking after Benson while Paul is away - AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! The dreaded Beagle!!!

Oh, that's a thought Tracey.  How long are you down for, you can get to meet Benson

07/08/2013 at 14:34

Hello all,

At least Gatwick's not too far for you, I end up with Heathrow runs - the joy of the M3!  Mind I suppose M23 isn't much better?!

Surprised myself the other night whilst running, went out with the improvers group as they were only doing 3-4 and the others were off road 6 and I didnt have my shoes on and it was wet (waffle waffle!!) - anyway we did lots of sprint bits and regroups, at one stage we had to run around this football pitch area and I just shot off with the faster guys, tried to keep up with them and failed but still kept pushing, when we stopped and I looked at my watch I had been running at 7:25 pace ???  I thought it must have been wrong but we tootled off again and when they mile clocked over it was still sub 8 even though we had gone off again more slowly!

Now if someone had said, go run that fast, I would have said 'No, can't do it'  In saying that I couldn't have kept it up much longer!  It was actually a good group to go with as they are doing a bit more 'training' for the improvers, my usual group is generally just longer runs.  May give it a go again.  Still miles off getting my distances up to where I want to be though, 11 weeks till the half so I really must get some LSR's in, I'm only up to 7 miles!

How is/was Brighton Tracey?

07/08/2013 at 20:46

TS - nag ping Brighton on Saturday. Well done speedy lady.

08/08/2013 at 19:49

Nag Ping - no idea what that was supposed to mean Tracey!!  I guess you were on your phone!  Although reading back you haven't gone yet so I guess you were saying you weren't there yet!

Was past Brighton today  Headed up the M23 to Pease Pottage Lyndy - those damn roadworks are a nuisance

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.