sub or about 4h30 hopefully

13,201 to 13,220 of 14,695 messages
25/01/2012 at 18:54

Hello DLC! you can't be too novicey if you're running 14 miles midweek!

We're a mix of newbies and experienced old wotsits, [wait for slap...] but also friendly and good at nagging eachother into getting better!

Enjoy the thread and happy running!

Jimbo

25/01/2012 at 19:25
Hi all! Did a 5 miler today up in the high peak - fairly sure I was standing still at some points as wind was so bad!
Blew the work cobwebs away
I've read with interest about toe nails etc - I've tried different things but still have probs. Latest issue is the double nail thing
Have a good evening - writing a quiz tonight for PTA eve on fri.
25/01/2012 at 19:38
Ha ha jim I try to do longer runs on Monday's and Friday's then shorter ones at the weekend (unless it's a race) that way it doesn't eat into my time with the children too much.

I did 5 miles tonight too had to squeeze it in while my daughter was in her gymnastics class.

I'm having trouble with the nail on my big toe mouser, first time I've had it, I thought to myself I must be a proper runner now!! Lol
25/01/2012 at 19:56
Know what you mean about nails - it's like a rite of passage!
When are eveyones marathons this year? Mine is mid may so building up miles soon!
25/01/2012 at 19:58

15th April for marathon - I could have 3 toenails or 20 by then if they keep doubling up!

Also not keen on them thinking it is ok to grow at rakish angles!

25/01/2012 at 20:05
Some has suggested filing the top of the thick nails - terribly painful! No sandals again this summer then...
Where is your marathon Emma?
26/01/2012 at 07:03
Toenails? - just put some bright nail polish on them

Hi DLC and welcome to the thread. I'm an "old wotsit" <slaps IJ for being a cheeky young whipper-snapper>. How long have you been running?

I've got hill reps later today
mcs
26/01/2012 at 13:57

Hi DLC welcome on board you cant be far from me down here in Bakewell. Run 18 miles this week and going well up and down the Monsal Trail to work and round the showground at lunchtime. Nice sunshine here today.

May 27th is my marathon date.

Enjoy your hill reps Redhead, must do some of those horrible things sometime!!! Running up Longstone Edge is my preferred hilly route.

26/01/2012 at 14:53

I do file the tops of them - I've seen the same process on elephants toeneails at whipsnade ... nice!

When I file the top I get to toenail nuber 2 and have a nice 2 layer effect.

With regards painting them only colour that would cover would be purple of black and I need to use some glue to try and 'pollyfilla' and smooth the bumps/cracks between the layers. Soooooo attractive!

Marathon is the Paris Marathon mouser - although can't sem to register on the site - ooopsie!

26/01/2012 at 15:43
Sounds delightful Emma!

5 miles for me today including 1 mile of hill reps
27/01/2012 at 10:15
I am just so glamourous Redhead!
27/01/2012 at 12:47
<snigger>!

Just back from 4 miles of muddiness across the fields and incorporating several muddy puddles. Heaven
mcs
27/01/2012 at 19:37
Four miles for me this am, moving furniture today and tomorrow to new offices. Joy.
27/01/2012 at 22:31

survived 5.5 miles last night, reasonably pacey (9:05 average with a 7:59 pace last half mile) and my shins didn't give me any jip

had to run to work from the garage today while my car got a new exhaust - only 2 miles, but it hurt again - still ran 9:15 pace but for niggling pain all day. Saw the physio who pummeled it for 15 mins and confirmed it was just tired and wanting rest. Oh well.

Hilly 10 (Ferriby, near Hull) on Sunday.

MCS - are you doing the Ashby 20?

29/01/2012 at 15:13

Shins/calves then hurt like L all day Saturday, so had them very quickly looked at by a friend this morning, before the race. She confirmed that it's the muscle that's inflamed and no apparant damage to the bone. It's what it feels like, so great?!

I proceeded to take lots of ibuprofen with my pre-race banana, and little leggies behaved perfectly, indeed even asking "please Sir, can I have more?" while pottling down the road (admitedly at the bottom of a downwards pointing hill) at a "comfortable" pace of 6:48 per mile. Yeah, SIX. Didn't last too long, but of the 10 mile route, I did do the first half in 43:00 and the second half in 40:45. Massive PB, lots of ice-cream to celebrate later!

Hope everyone else is just as happy today!

mcs
29/01/2012 at 15:16
I am doing Wilmslow half at end of march, when is Ashby?
Did a nice 8.5 miles with little brother at seven this morning Bakewell and back loads of runners on the trail. Managed to average Over nine min miles so getting slower as needed. Happy Sunday all.
mcs
29/01/2012 at 15:19
Nice pb jim cross post there!
29/01/2012 at 15:22
Hi all, I did 7 miles yesterday and 4 miles this morning. Not feeling great to be honest, really lacking energy I'm wondering if I might be slightly anaemic, will see what docs think as I'm going tomorrow anyway.

Well done jim that's a great time!
29/01/2012 at 16:00
Afternoon all,

This morning I did a lovely 15.5 mile run including hills, hills and more hills. It was wonderful to get out nice and early now the lazy sun's rising earlier and I've been doing a bit of light gardening this afternoon

IJ, wow! What a stonking pb and with tired leggies on a tough course. Great start to the year.

DLC, hope the quack gets you sorted.
29/01/2012 at 20:40
Ashby is 18th March
13,201 to 13,220 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.