sub or about 4h30 hopefully

13,441 to 13,460 of 14,695 messages
20/04/2012 at 09:25

YOU WILL ALL BE AMAZING - remember just completing the training is the most important thing and actually the hardest.

Get to the line and see what happens - like all the best race plans you have to expect to adapt them on the way.

Thanks Seren - what crazy distance are you doing later in the year then? I had a rough time at VLM last 2 years - Paris was the change. Maybe I should just go back there?

mcs
20/04/2012 at 11:52

Emma thinking of another marathon, wow already!!!

All the best to Spen,Jim and RH and any others I have missed on here. Enjoy I will be thinking ofyou as I just do 19 eeeekkkk on Sunday, my two big weeks coming up 43 miles each must be careful. Have a great weekend all.

20/04/2012 at 12:01
Mcs, good luck on your 19 miler, rest week for me this weekend then Milton Keynes Mara on 29th April.
21/04/2012 at 08:10

mcs Enjoy - it's sunny here ... best get out for first post mara run before the rain comes.

Really dore today as I spent 8 hours building flat pack furniture and sorting toys for my 4 year old - he now has a big boys bed - hoorah!

mcs
22/04/2012 at 06:57
All the best spen. Did a very hilly 18 miler with three long climbs up onto the Edges so excused myself the last mile as legs done in. Out for three hours and two mins. Up early thinking I need liquids bit dry dehydrated despite drinking like a fish last night. Big vlm day!! All the best guys and gals.
22/04/2012 at 10:11

Watching VLM - it's making me cry! So so amazing!

Perfect weather so smash those pbs!

22/04/2012 at 17:42
Evening all,

No pb, had a nightmare right from the start (too hot, congested, felt sickly), trundled home in 5:00:50 which is 10 minutes slower than my pb. Couldn't wait for it to be over which I've never felt before. So, marathon 25 wasn't exactly the shiny silver pb I was expecting. Will write about it later but for now I am in need of wine!

Hope IJ had a good one.
mcs
22/04/2012 at 19:53
Well done for getting there RH........bring on no26.
mcs
22/04/2012 at 19:56
Well done jim just spotted your result well done enjoy the feeling!
22/04/2012 at 20:48

Oh no RH - poor you - that's how I felt last year!

Wine, rest, eat and then on to the next challenge ... I've got some more flat pack furniture!

23/04/2012 at 08:20
Morning all,

Bouncing around again today and my legs don't feel as if they've just run a marathon! Been out for a 2 mile plod to stretch them out and show them who's boss. I will beat that pb, I will beat that pb, I will beat that pb. I've only got one more road marathon this year and that's a bit undulating but I might have another crack at it there. My 3 others are all off-roaders and the time's I'm trying to beat should be easily manageable (famous last words!).

Jim, well done that man! You've broken the jinx of VLM at last

My next one is the Three Forts Challenge in 2 weeks. It's a toughie but glorious scenery (unless it's pouring with rain as it was last time I did it).
23/04/2012 at 13:32

Bad luck RH - you will definitely get there. It was very warm yesterday and I thought it would take its toll on a lot of runners. Sorry I didn't spot you out on the course. My bf finished with a personal worst but really enjoyed himself. Our visiting running friend from Manchester was also well out of his time but loved his first London. I'm now faced with my annual 'do I bother entereing 2013 or not' dilemma....

Well done to everyone who ran yesterday. It was as always a huge privaledge to be out there supporting you all and trying to inspire people to keep going. Enjoy the rest and recovery!

23/04/2012 at 16:17

Thanks guys! xx

It was a fantastic day and I have to hug and thank every one of the 10 million people cheering. You all were awesome!

Unfortunately, I didn't beat the London jinx and struggled round the second half. First half was great at 2 hours 20 seconds, but I knew then I couldn't sustain that and slowed throughout the 3rd quarter. By 18 miles I was getting some sort of stomach cramps from the water and lucozade and wasn't far from being sick. By 30k I was walking as I drank a whole lucozade bottle and just kept pushing between walking bits and jogging. By then I couldn't do better than a jog for much of the rest and effecitvely lost half an hour in the 2nd half of the race.

It was still my best London time by 29 minutes, and another sub 4:30 so I am still really pleased with my performance on that side. It shows that London may still have a jinx and that I've just got to come back next year and do much better!

Not sure if I'll do another marathon elsewhere this year, just taking a few days or weeks or maybe months to assess my body and its ability to fly round races as it deserves to! Once I do get back running it'll be all speedwork for a while anyway.

Well done everyone else for your performances. My best clubmate didn't finish and is now at the doctor's, so I know the feeling of self-imposed failure! He's reasonably upset at having missed a good sub 3:15 time - and may have run 15 miles on a stress fracture! Oops!

I like to run, it makes me smile; I think I'll wait before running another mile!

23/04/2012 at 17:05
Blimey Jim, I can't believe you walked and got sub 4:30. I have yet to walk in a road marathon but I still haven't cracked 4:30! Excellent effort xxx
23/04/2012 at 21:51
I've only run 3 non-stop out of 16 marathons - Palma, Guernsey and Barcelona. Maybe it's the sea air?!
mcs
24/04/2012 at 06:42
Well done enjoy a rest this week. Must get up and run to work......still a month to go for me........43 miles last week highest this year.
seren nos yn canu    pirate
24/04/2012 at 07:36
I decided last year that London is not a race to get a proper PB and thats why i entered llanelli.....

It was hot out yesterday and so many people.i just took my time and tried to enjoy the day.....nearly 90 mins slower than my PB but finished without making my didgy knee any worse......

so 5:25 which included stopping for 20 mins at mudchute for beer and food.....

Redhead.hope the PB comes soon and IJ cracking time in those conditions......

great to meet Gillymac afterwards again
mcs
24/04/2012 at 12:14

Great Seren well done...............might just have to apply again anyway..........

24/04/2012 at 12:19

well done Seren - saw your note on FB. Glad you enjoyed it and didn't damage your knee. Well done IJ - sounds like the lucozade may have done for you there. It was very warm on sunday - typical london marathon weather as its been bliddy freezing here ever since.  

I think my next marathon is going to be Beachy Head this year which is a nice long way off but I've got afew things to keep me occupied between now and then. Sevenoaks 7 in two weeks and then I'm taking part in the Green Belt Relay again which is always fab fun. I hear about my stages at the weekend....!

MCS...I'm with you...I think I'll stick my name in the ballot again.

24/04/2012 at 15:15
Well done everyone I had a great day supporting. My daughter finished in 4:41 which is fantastic as when she started training she couldn't even keep 12min miles up for 5 miles. She did have a bad time from mile 16 tho. She gad a bad asthma attack and her inhaler had been dropped somewhere on course she managed to get to the Fetch support group where someone ad an inhaler. She was in a state by then and they wouldn't let her go until they had calmed her down. She is sooooo grateful to them. So her time was doubly impressive - and she also got a half marathon PB within it as she went thro at 2:09. So she is very pleased and I'm very relieved. She is now struggling with a chest infection so think that was the problem.

She has vowed to be a fetch supporter next year.......if she doesn't get in!!!! She has the bug now

RH you are still my inspiration. Well done
13,441 to 13,460 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.