sub or about 4h30 hopefully

13,481 to 13,500 of 14,695 messages
01/05/2012 at 12:30
Afternoon peeps,

Hi Relaxed, lovely to hear from you again and well done to your daughter! Maybe if I lost a few stones I would get faster

Mcs, I too have entered the VLM ballot but have decided not to do yet another GB place if I don't get in. Please feel free to remind me of that in the future

Oh and you are certainly not a back-of-packer you speedy boy. I just looked back at the results for the Three Forts Challenge last time I did it and I was 3rd from last as the other 12 people behind me were pulled out due to the adverse weather conditions. You never know, I might even be last this time!

Did a gentle ploddy leg stretcher this morning and it wasn't raining
Edited: 01/05/2012 at 12:31
mcs
01/05/2012 at 16:05

Agree with not doing a GB place, you start to run out of friends, they avoid you knowing you are going to talk about running and causes etc!!!!
Its raining again here just ready for me to run home again!!

01/05/2012 at 19:50
I entered the ballot too - although there will be a bit of a bust up at home should I get in. himself would be non too pleased at the prospect of going through the last 4 months training again. But I'll probably never get in, and if i do, I can defer to 2014, when the pain memory has subsided a bit...
01/05/2012 at 19:59

Helen, can't you just get up early and run, then be back in time to lure him into thinking you've made him breakfast?

(just put things on the table so he actually does the work himself anyway!)

Otherwise, you may just have to let him watch the football while you "nip out" 3 times a week!

01/05/2012 at 20:06
I followed Shades' 4 runs a week plan. the mid week runs weren't too bad, it was the weekends we struggled with. We're already rather busy at weekends, and it just seemed that from Christmas every weekend ended up being organised around what I had to run. And I couldn't do a 20 mile run and be good for anything else that day - it just wipes the day out.

I'm hoping that if I can get the half time down a bit, that the training times all reduce accordingly, and that, second time round, I might manage it all a bit better. Hence thinking 2014 for a second go. But I couldn't resist the lure of the ballot...
mcs
02/05/2012 at 13:45
I tend to get up at 5.30 on a Sunday to do my lsrs or do them after work Friday, early finish day and get home later than normal after a long run.......but it is an issue for my OH with having kids you have to get a balance and give up sleep or as I do run to work, saves money and doesnt eat into family time.  Training for half marathons is much easier and is going to be for me going forward during the rest of this year.
At least its stopped raining now!!
mcs
04/05/2012 at 07:30
Setting off to work gentle run in trying to get a piccie of daughters teachers running to school today! She doesn't believe they will......
04/05/2012 at 08:35

this is about to be my first 0 mileage week for over a year! wish me luck!

mcs
04/05/2012 at 14:58

This is heading for my highest ever Jim of 45 miles if I can get to 20 on Sunday which I will!!! Wish me luck!!! All the best Jim enjoy the rest!!!

04/05/2012 at 16:43

<faints at the thought of Jim not running for a whole week!>

Gentle pootle for me tomorrow ahead of the Three Forts Challenge 27 miler on Sunday.  Hoping the weather is cool and dull like today

mcs, good luck with your long run.

I too get up very early to do my long runs.  When I had to work at the weekends I used to get up at 4am and set off for my run at 4:30am in order to get back home in time for a shower, brekkie and then to dash off to work as I didn't get home until after 7pm!  Now I try to get out by 6am at the latest so it doesn't interfere with homelife too much

mcs
04/05/2012 at 18:25
All the best for Sunday Redhead. Enjoy if you can......
04/05/2012 at 22:43

don't worry Redhead, I managed a steady 4 miler this afternoon!

06/05/2012 at 11:02

Ran today to make sure there was no thoguht of a 0 week again. 8.3 in 76 mins with one of our speedy club runners - he just used it as a recovery run midway through his LSR - ran 5 miles before we met, then went off for a 7 mile run home afterwards! It was a nice 9 minute pace run for me and useful as he did all the chatting. I must admit I switched off listening when he got into detailing how he'd keep up his 250 mile per month target. Youch!

07/05/2012 at 09:23

Morning all,

I survived the Three Forts Challenge yesterday!  It rained for 4 hours but the wind wasn't too bad except on the highest bits of hill.  The muddy bits were horrendous though, especially on the homeward stretch after 300 hundred runners had traversed the route twice 

Beat the time I had to beat by 15 minutes and that was even though I did the splits on a muddy uphill section and had to come down the last 2 miles of mud very, very slowly as I that's where I took a nasty tumble in 2010 and it was treacherous.  I let 5 people pass me so I didn't hold them up and 2 of them waited for me at the end as they were worried that I might have fallen again.  How kind!

Next one is the South Downs marathon in just under 4 weeks so plenty of time to recover  

Jim, phew, glad to hear it wasn't a 0 week

Edited: 07/05/2012 at 10:05
07/05/2012 at 13:17

well done Redhead, great effort!

rest now and have fun on the South Downs!

Edited: 07/05/2012 at 13:20
mcs
07/05/2012 at 18:23
21 done Sunday 49.95 for the week very tired today but had to go swimming and food shopping as oh working. 3.03 yesterday but it was all flat ran Bakewell to Buxton Monsal trail and the three miles of it again to home in afternoon sunshine, 13 with no2 daughter which was nice I needed a tree at one point and she used a cafe loo but I reckon she ran under two hours so she will be fine for Edinburgh. My oh ran seven slow this morning and is determined to run her half at edinburgh the doc says she can but slowly.......she is a Viking!
08/05/2012 at 09:49

Street family running machines!

08/05/2012 at 10:52

LOL at needing a tree!

Feeling fine this morning and only a slight tightness in my quads so very pleased with my recovery.  Will do a shortish plod tomorrow.

mcs
08/05/2012 at 11:45

Great effort Redhead you obviously have what Tony Audenshaw calls Tuesday legs!! Well done. A few intervals to do today dont feel like it.

08/05/2012 at 23:09

RH Awesome!

IJ good luck with the 0 miles!

I need to build my milage up again - but will need to use the foam roller as ITB flaring up again. I'm doing Dublin in October and have put in for VLM ballot too!

HL - I agree it's tricky trying to fit all the training in!

13,481 to 13,500 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.