13,661 to 13,680 of 14,704 messages
18/12/2012 at 22:24

2 miles at 8:37 pace (to the club)

3 miles at 8:57 pace (to the pub)

2 pints....

1 miles at 10:04 pace (to home!)

hmmmm.......!

18/12/2012 at 22:47

I'm impressed. The two pints wouldn't have made it home with me, even at 10min/mile pace!

19/12/2012 at 08:34

flippin' hurts this morning!

19/12/2012 at 09:22

Morning all,

Silly boy Jim!   My 10k pb still stands after a rather boozy night and being very hungover when I ran it the next morning - I think I must have run faster to get it over with quicker.

Maintenance plod for me today.  Still got Christmas knitting to finish............

19/12/2012 at 11:26
No well... Nursing lemsips and best friends with a large box of mansize tissues!
No running for me today.
mcs
19/12/2012 at 12:51

Welcome to lurkers and thanks for reciepe Jen.....I make something similar family flapjack very similar.
Done 18 miles Monday and Tuesday as missed my long run on Sunday so having a rest day today and eating anything in site. 
If you are going to run a marathon then get your miles up now before you start the schedule would be my advice that I have picked up on and applied this year, it helped me improve massively.

19/12/2012 at 13:05

Redhead, I'm impressed you can just turn out a PB 10k!

Bigeater - hope you're better soon.

mcs, I'm starting my marathon plan proper1st week jan. I've kept my LSR at about 13miles every weekend since Dublin in Oct, should I chuck in a longer one over xmas??

mcs
20/12/2012 at 13:52

Jen sounds like you have kept your mileage up well, I wouldn't go into the New Year and a new schedule tired so depends how you feel really. I do tend to over train sometimes when perhaps less is more. Rest up abit and hit the New Year running would be my suggestion. How many miles a week have you been doing?
Bigeater just tucking into soup and cheese butty after a five mile interval session in the wind and rain up here in Bakwell.

20/12/2012 at 14:19
I love soup!!! Feeling bit better today, daughters 12th birthday today so a family get together when she comes home from school. No run today and will be eating merrily later( love eating) so if I feel better tomorrow will work off the food with 6-7 miles.
20/12/2012 at 16:31

Afternoon all,

Glad the man flu seems to have disappeared!

5 mile tempo run on the treddy for me earlier as it's raining and blowing a gale.  really dreary weather.

Jen, I agree with Mark.  No need to go above 10-12 at the moment.  My base mileage is always around 30 and I just add a bit to my LSR each week as I get closer to my first marathon of the year (Brighton for me in April).

20/12/2012 at 20:11

thanks mcs/ redhead, i've kept my base milage about 25miles, I'm going to add some more speed work/hills  in Jan and then up the LSR. I've been looking at paces for all my runs cos I want to aim for sub 4.15 in April...

I love soup too!

20/12/2012 at 22:27

weekly mileage needs to be 30 for at least a month or two before starting to train for a marathon!

My plan will be to get p to 40 a week and keep that until I decide what races to do!

Tonight was a piddling wet 5k race (with an extra 4 miles of commuting!). 25:13 mins, which is not bad, though it might have been better if I'd not run 11 yesterday!

22/12/2012 at 17:06

what a horrible day for running,... got soaked through n cold,  

Iccle Jim, can't do much about past mileage now, but I'm feeling good,  I'm going to follow similar plan to last time,and I'm starting from a better base this year,

Pressies packed, iced my cake n covered my log this afternoon. I'm ready for family to arrive tomorrow

23/12/2012 at 13:55

Afternoon all,

I got soaked yesterday too.  There were waterfalls running down all the lanes which formed massive pools at the bottom.   All the rivers have burst their banks and lower down the valley looks like a floodplain!  

5.5 miles for me yesterday, wearing stripey tights under my shorts and topped off with my sparkly santa hat.  10 miles today, with no rain, wearing my Ms Santa outfit 

Edited: 23/12/2012 at 13:57
24/12/2012 at 20:22

Evening all,

Today it didn't rain but it was blowing a gale.  5 miles wearing another festive combo - got loads of waves and smiles as people passed in their cars 

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, whatever you do or wherever you may be.  I shall be running first thing, no matter what the weather throws at me.  I'll pop in tomorrow at some stage 

24/12/2012 at 20:32

brought my running kit to Mum & Dad's so hoping for a sneaky run, probably taking my 12 year old nephew for 3 or 4 miles on Boxing Day

got 12 in on Sunday and the club run is as normal on Thursday, so should still get 20+ this week

merry Christmas , bah humbug , happy new year

27/12/2012 at 21:25

Hope you all had a great Christmas, back to work today for me

managed to get a few runs in over the hols, and it was SO lovely having my daughter home to come running with me, made the hill sprints seem easier....

28/12/2012 at 07:36

pooey cold again, only managed 2 miles last night at the club run

28/12/2012 at 09:59

Morning all,

It's pouring with rain again and the forecast is for even more over the next few days.  I was a good girl and ran on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day too but my run on Boxing Day was postponed due to unexpected visitors.  Did intervals on the treddy yesterday and will be out later for a shortish plod in the rain but first I have a date with coffee, cake and my friend who's on her way round 

Jim, you need some hot toddies!

Jen, perhaps that's the secret to hill sprints?!

30/12/2012 at 19:51

Jim, you def need hot toddies! hope you feeling better.

This rain is getting tedious...,but i actually didn't get wet this afternoon and managed 10 miles! hope to do a similar run tomorrow afternoon after work before wine o clock!!

Redhead, I think the secret is either having a daughter or a hot guy watching... either way I seem to run better!!!!

13,661 to 13,680 of 14,704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.