sub or about 4h30 hopefully

13,821 to 13,840 of 14,704 messages
06/02/2013 at 21:44
hi andrew.
I'm doing Snowdonia marathon in October. my aim is to finish!
06/02/2013 at 21:46

I used to live in Marlow! ...and Medmenham, and several other places round there; what route does the half do?

06/02/2013 at 21:50

no spring marathon as yet, though I wouldn't bet against just turning up to do one with only a week's notice!

the main plan is to go out to either Barcelona or Palma in October and jog round before spending a few days in the bars and beaches!

06/02/2013 at 22:06
Think the half follows the river for a good section, so a lovely route tho quite different to road. I run on grass a lot in the summer tho along rivers close to me. Barcelona is gorgeous, been there a few times, tho never to run.
Jenf, good luck! I'd love to do a mara like snowdon the one I really want to try is the beachyhead marathon, looks amazing although I'd have to walk good sections of it!
06/02/2013 at 22:14

might have to look it up and come down for the weekend! when is it?! I'd have to stay at my sister's and fulfil some uncle duties, but nephews would enjoy watching. One got really upset last year as he thought Uncle Jim was going to win the VLM!

06/02/2013 at 22:31
That's very sweet, date is 24th march I think. I've got two boys but Peter is two and William only 3 months so I just have to deal with Peter telling me I'm wet after every run followed by 'go shower daddy!' Hopefully they will come watch in London tho with the wife
07/02/2013 at 12:12

Morning all,

Wind?  Oh we've got it bad again here.  I'm off out for a marathon paced 8 miles soon.

Hi Andrew and welcome to the thread.  For my Spring marathons I'm doing Brighton  the week before VLM and then VLM.  Then my autumn marathons are yet to be decided.  If you want to do Beachy then you'd better enter soon as it fills up quickly.  I've done it 4 times and it's my favourite marathon - oh, and everyone walks at some stage in Beachy 

07/02/2013 at 12:29

and I'm sure I'll be walking some of Snowdonia!!!

07/02/2013 at 16:23

btw mcmillanrunning.com now says I should run some lunatic sort of time for 26.2, can't remember exactly (I checked last night) but it was in the region of 3:45. Blimey!

07/02/2013 at 17:45
Hi all, so tired today and can't be bothered running tonight but I will. I'm going to the local running club, know a couple of people who are there and thought I would give it a try.
Hi Andrew and welcome, I haven't been on here long myself but they're a very welcoming bunch and very supportive. Like you I'm doing VLM and this will be my first marathon. Training is going well and so far to plan.
3.45 jim, your on the wrong thread now mate, sure there's one for sub 3.45!!
07/02/2013 at 18:25
Won't enter beachyhead this year, too much training with such a young family but I may enter Abingdon which is just down the road for me and is very flat.

Jim I've just looked at my prediction on McMillan and based on my half and 10k PBS I should be running a 3.32 marathon. Ummmmm

Having a night off tonight but enjoy ur runs all those who are braving it
07/02/2013 at 21:13

for much of the last 2 years Greg McMillan has "predicted" most of my PBs from other race times, but for 26.2 which isn't quite there yet. Problem is, he expects training!!! If I can reduce my PB in 2013/14 as much as I did in 2010/11 then all will be good. That des make a 3:31 though. Ooops!

Club run tonight, 9.3 total, in 86 mins...

07/02/2013 at 21:16
Well enjoyed the club running, nice group of people who made me welcome. We ran 7.2 miles at average 8.40 min miles which I was comfortable with and the miles passed quickly in nice company... Think I'm hooked!
So my week in numbers, 3 runs of 14.5, 8 and 7.2 miles so a total of 29.7 miles which I'm happy about. Next run will be Sunday of 16 miles. Rest days tomorrow and Saturday( but working
07/02/2013 at 21:25

well done bigeater; I swear by running with clubmates; we do the usual Tuesday and Thursday runs, but also meet as a group for LSRs on a Sunday, which is great motivation for getting up and keeping going! we also run as one or two or three at other times of the week, depending on who wants to do a run, so it's really easy to get out!

think my mileage has topped 30 for this week now, so with another 6 or 7 tomorrow I'll be back after last week's "easy" 23!

08/02/2013 at 12:58

Nice running Bigeater and a decent mileage which is even better if you include all the walking you do in your job.  Oh and Jim isn't allowed to leave us as he's been on here with us for ages 

Andrew, Abingdon is very popular with forumites 'cos, as you say, it's pancake flat.  I've only done it once and didn't like it much because it was so flat!  Having said that, there's great support from forumites/Fetchies and as it's a 2 loop route it's good for supporters too and the marshalls are very friendly.

7 hilly/undulating miles @ marathon pace for me today 

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 13:01
08/02/2013 at 15:22
Enjoy ur run red, I'm off in two mins for 7-8 steady. Not looking forward to my 17 miles on Sunday tho as its meant to be heavy rain all day turning to snow later on. As long as I get back in time to watch the eng vs ire rugby ill be ok
08/02/2013 at 18:09
What is everyone up to now with their long runs then?
10/02/2013 at 15:23
16.6 miles for me today, whole new level for me but it went well. Snow and rain in my face but surprisingly very enjoyable.

Hope everyone is well!
10/02/2013 at 20:52

15.6 today, lots of rain and a few aches but generally okay. I'll not describe the blood......!

I have, for stupidity's sake, entered next Sunday's very hill evil death-to-all-runners 30k race. Lovely!

10/02/2013 at 21:32

Hi all.

tough week for me... work and running  But a weekend with my daughter has put me right. Looking forward to next weeks runs.

Where's the evil death to all runners race Jim?

Bigeater, thats a good LSR under the legs now, How'd yours go andrew? I only did 12 this afternoon and got soaked!!

13,821 to 13,840 of 14,704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.