sub or about 4h30 hopefully

14,081 to 14,100 of 14,695 messages
12/03/2013 at 21:40
Got a 6.5 mile run in tonight and I'm glad to say foot was fine and still feeling fine as I write this. Also think the enforced weeks rest has really helped as I felt so fresh, my poor sister was burst at the end!!
Got to say I love running in this cold weather, shorts on and got to say it's perfect for me. I don't deal with heat to well so long may this weather last( sorry)
I got my BREAST CANCER CARE running vest in the post yesterday, that made it all very real and close!
12/03/2013 at 22:05
Glad to hear your foot is feeling good big! What time did you do your run in tonight? Ill prob moan just as much about being dehydrated when the sun finally shows itself as I do about the cold, but at least I feel more like going out and running when it's warm!
12/03/2013 at 22:13
Average 8.50 min miles, really enjoyed it and could have went on no bother but sensible head on and didn't want to overdo foot, doc did say to take it easy when returning to running!
13/03/2013 at 10:38

hey all... just had a week off... that 15 last monday did more harm than good... knee pain... it band.... nightmare! but i have been here before... 5 sundays left so would ideally like to hit a big one in a couple of weeks... but hey ho... !

on a positive not, i went to spin on monday and it was fine... got some new trainers too... so i am going to stretch out 2 miles tonight after work and see how it goes. I should be able to up my cross trianin from here on in... so i can keep up my general fitness and hope for the best.... sat at work with an ice pack on my knee doing all i can to get the swelling down... I think i have time. I have a 17 under my belt, and three 15's. I am fit and have a strong mind... and ultimately that will get me through the uncharted territory!

Good to see everyone doing well in their training!

13/03/2013 at 10:47

Morning all...

Really glad you have come back from your rest week storming! I think a rest week should be complusory in the planning schedule as I have definately had a better attitude towards running this week.

Did a 4 mile speed interval session (top speed (8.6mph) today and even did some weight exercises on my legs and feel great. So feeling high as a kite today.

Hope everyones run go well today.

Oh I may also be addicted to sports massages, just booked another one tomorrow.. I don't know about being lighter after the marathon , but I think my wallet will certainly be lighter 

13/03/2013 at 11:09

Sham just seen your post. Sounds like your keeping a positive attitude and you have the runs in the bag, so preserve the body

Currently debating in my head whether I should increase the distance of my mid week long runs. Max mid week runs are all under an hour. Would be interested to know the maximum distance of mid week run is/ will be?

I also note that you guys seem to be alot more flexible with your running than me. I plan a route and stick to it regardless of how I felt. Have never considered carrying on... but wonder whether I should be pushing myself in my mid week runs more....

13/03/2013 at 14:55

Afternoon all,

No running today as I've swapped my rest day from Friday to allow Mary Massage Lady to have a good go at my ITB.  She did all the usual painful poking and it feels much better.  We had a good laugh when I said that it never bothers me until I get to about 18 miles and then it twinges a bit.  She pointed out that actually 18 miles is quite a long way.   Distance runners are a funny breed aren't we?!!!!

BigE, glad to hear your run went well 

'sham, I feel your pain.  You know what to do though - rest it and either sports massage or roller it.  Please don't push on regardless (said the pot to the kettle who paid the price in her first marathon).

Fenn, my midweek runs started at 6 miles and have increased gradually to 10 miles which I do at marathon pace.  It's a schedule that suits me but everyone is different.

13/03/2013 at 15:35
Fenn- my midweek runs tend to be anywhere between 7-9 miles, it just depends what time I have, route and what time I have to pick kids up etc. Usually one run will be fast and one will be hilly. Both runs tend to be quicker than 9 min miles.
Saying that only did 6.5 miles last night but I was being cautious.

Everyone seems on target and it's getting exciting now with really only 3 long runs left. I'm so looking forward to London.
13/03/2013 at 18:12

We are now at the business end of the training!!  It will all be soo worth it!

This seems a bit of a daft questioned Redhead but when you feel your ITB on run where do you feel it... knees or on the side of leg where IT band is? I have been told by physio my IT band is tight and been using foam roller but never felt any twinges

Bigeater just curious are you male or female... I have you down as a male but also had redhead as a male and turns out shes female :-0 I wont be offended if you choose to ignore.

13/03/2013 at 18:34
Yes fenn you guessed right I'm male. You're little avatar picture gives you away!!
13/03/2013 at 19:02
Evening all, it's still freezing out there! Planning a 9-10 miler tonight. My mid weeks are rarely above 10 miles, I did a 12 mile midweek once but that was a one off.
Your probably right about the gym membership being a waste of time given that we're only a few weeks away from the big day!!! Woohoo!!
Booked a sports massage for Thursday next week, looking forward to that.
Toddle pip xx
13/03/2013 at 22:52
Ok i have planned an 8mile route tomorrow morning (thats alot midweek for me)... an early start or I will be late to work...lets see what happens tomorrow.
14/03/2013 at 09:10

Wow, 3 weeks til the big day!! You guys are so nearly there, I still have ages to go but nevermind, maybe I'll catch some good weather in my training... Or maybe it will keep on snowing til May!

Fenn, my schedule has lonn runs in the week, starting from about 6, working up to ten, so currently doing about 7. I hope your 8 miler went well this morning... that is a long way before work! I am planning on running home from work so that I can think up any excuses. Havn't run since Sunday as was feeling under the weather, but feel much better now so will see how it goes!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

14/03/2013 at 09:43

Morning all,

Lovely sunny morning.  Did 8 hilly miles @ MP earlier 

Fenn, my ITB itself feels tight along the outside of my upper leg from the knee upwards and as a result of that I get a twinge on the inside of the same knee as it is being pulled by the tight ITB.  Its a good idea to use the roller as a preventative measure.

14/03/2013 at 09:54
8 miles is a long way before work! How was it?
I have a really busy week next week so pretty much all of my runs will be morning runs.

Does anyone else feel like they are getting less fit?? I am really struggling to keep my short ish runs at 9 mm when about three weeks ago I bashed out 5 miles at about 8.20 mm!! Very strange, in addition I'm not losing weight ???? Isn't it my right to come back frm a 20 miler half a stone lighter???! ????
14/03/2013 at 10:06

Morning all, very pleased with myself. did my longest midweek run today of 8miles . Was a steady 9.3mph and I was only mildly late for work  No physical pain... although my mind is constantly questioning everyslight variance in my body... mind games.

Redhead...thats interesting, I always assumed ITB pain would be on the outer leg, my niggle is also on the inner knee and I guess related to my 'tight IT band' I have been foam rollering it 2-3 times a day and the pain when rolling has definately not as bad as when I first started.   

14/03/2013 at 10:20

Denise, just seen your post: Completely agree I feel my times slowing up...I figured my body is slowing down because its not just about doing the distance its about self preservation....

As for the weight think... I am definately heavier than before training.. I usually where size 8 trousers to work, but I am now putting my size 10s on as they are really tight on the thighs

Truthfully its probably 30% increase muscle size and 70% I am taking the eating more to excess. I figure its only 5 weeks and then I can go back to normal size. To give you hope I do recall from my last marathon I lost a tonne of weight the month after the marathon... with barely any exerice.. have no idea why!

14/03/2013 at 11:44
I'm the opposite, I've lost 10lbs since I started my marathon training and I'm now lighter than I was 15 years ago, that can't be bad!! I've probably drank less pints on Saturday's because I know I have a long run on the Sunday.
I did 8 miles this morning @ average 8.38 min miles. It was an ok run, bit sluggish in parts but kept at it. Think with my weekend runs I have someone to run with so that keeps me going whereas midweek runs I get bored and constantly think about finishing.
Anyway well done everyone on your runs, great effort by us all and we're all going to achieve!!
14/03/2013 at 12:37
I've lost about 1 1/2 stone training now down to 17 stone. Im tall 6"5 so you dont really see the weight lose on me. Has any one been doing or going to do yasso 800? I have been asked to do this next wednesday so was just wondering if anyone else has or will be trying this before there marathon.
14/03/2013 at 13:16

Denise, it went well thank you.  Very pleased in fact as I haven't managed that particular route at MP for a long time.  Don't worry about feeling a bit slower, it's just accumulated training and tapering will sort it out.

Andrew, I've done YASSO 800s in previous training but haven't incorporated them this time.  They aren't really something you just do as a one-off, but are usually part of a gradual build-up where you start off with 5 reps and work up to 10 reps.  Well done on your weight loss!

14,081 to 14,100 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.