sub or about 4h30 hopefully

14,261 to 14,280 of 14,695 messages
04/04/2013 at 12:24

Chin up Fenn and good luck with the sports massage today.  RICE is best at this stage in the game.

I'm a very happy girlie today as a major yarn supplier has agreed to supply my wool for VLM and to make a donation to my charity as well.  Hoorah! 

04/04/2013 at 13:56
Redhead wrote (see)

I'm a very happy girlie today as a major yarn supplier has agreed to supply my wool for VLM and to make a donation to my charity as well.  Hoorah! 

I've obviously missed a very crucial bit of information here..... 

04/04/2013 at 14:23
Speaking of charities, who is everyone running for? I got a ballot place this yr and chose to run for bliss as a couple of friends have had prem babies. Both my gorgeous boys were born on time but I've seen some of the work they do.
04/04/2013 at 14:24
Oh and that's fantastic news re the wool red. Shall we start placing scarf and hat orders now?
04/04/2013 at 14:43
andrew heley wrote (see)
Speaking of charities, who is everyone running for? I got a ballot place this yr and chose to run for bliss 

I too was lucky enough to get a ballott place and chose to run for Starlight.  They were my first choice charity in 2010 but they didnt have any places then.  

04/04/2013 at 15:16
Again lucky I got my own place and running for BREAST CANCER CARE. My sister is fighting this horrible disease and thankfully winning her fight and if she can win that battle I can easily run 26.2 miles as there's no comparison.

A nice 11 miles today and good company from my other sister who ran with me, she isn't training for anything and just keeps me company which I appreciate.

Fenn- your very sensible and doing the right thing. No point risking it and resting until Sunday makes sense.

Redhead- brilliant news with the yarn, well done. Surely there must be a guiness world record you could challenge with your marathon knitting?
04/04/2013 at 15:23

Denise, I'm going to try and beat my own Guinness World Record for the longest scarf knitted whilst running a marathon 

Andrew, when I'm doing it I start off counting how many of each different comment I get and the winner is always "mind you don't drop a stitch" with "knit me a scarf/hat while you're at it" a close second!!!

My chosen charity for my marathons is always Alzheimer's Research UK.  I've started to get all teary about it already as it's always a very emotional experience as I have to do loads of interviews and talk about mum's story.  It has to be done though.

So many wonderful charities, all well-deserving of support.  I met a lovely man who runs for Starlight dressed as a star a couple of years ago - it was a very heavy and ungainly costume but he ran really well in it.

(((Oooh, group hug time)))

04/04/2013 at 15:27

BigE, cross-post there.  Healing vibes to your sister (I had a major scare with it last year, OK now).  Yes indeed I can go for another GWR - I hold 2 already, one for knitting and one for crocheting 

04/04/2013 at 19:13
Denise, Have you blocked me? Can not read your posts?.?.. Very weird.

I got my place through the ballot! (rejected 5 years in a row) I am running for Gosh as i was a patient as a child (cleft lip, they did an amazing job can barely see the scar)

All worthy charities, hats off to you Red, have you been training, knitting whilst running? I will get my 'fans' (supporters) to look out for you and gove you a special cheer!

On a bummer of a note my physio got cancelled at the last minute because an oversight in the booking. Soo upset! next appointment I can get is saturday and its with someone else who doesnt know me....
04/04/2013 at 19:15
Denise no posts you have ever written are showing up! Can you read mine?

If someone could re-quote Denises posts for me from Today onwards would be appreciated,
04/04/2013 at 19:16
Ok sorted...I apparently had set on my settings to ignore your posts!
04/04/2013 at 19:21
Denise sorry you have a cold... Its soo stressfull not running and the whole build up...I am definately not sleeping properly.

There is no way I will run till Sunday if that! Focus on getting better and the cold out of your system,,,I think its actually quite positive to get a cold now! you have all the really long runs out the way and the cold will be well out your system come race day and immune system back to normal! good work
05/04/2013 at 08:58

if it's just a cold, run through it! I had a lovely 52 mins without sneezing last night while pootling round a 6 mile club cross country run; as soon as I stopped, I sneezed!

05/04/2013 at 08:59

maybe I'm allergic to not running?!

05/04/2013 at 09:50

Your hard core Iccle Jim.

05/04/2013 at 10:34

;-)

not running today or tomorrow, but my local 10k race on Sunday. Local enough that I have to walk / jog 2 miles from home to the start line! Might get the bike out, that'd help!

Back to high mileage next week (though 37 this week isn't quite the 10k taper I expected!) and then a week of nearly nothing as I'm away supervising a school trip to Rotterdam

Back in time to drive to London to watch you guys all storm round!

05/04/2013 at 12:00

Are you a teach Iccle Jim? Sports teacher?

Where will you be watching from? I Love watching, rain or shine.... usually watch from Southwark Bridge easy to get too and not to busy.

Denise  found this about pacing, If i get the chance will follow the 4:15 pacing group....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event-editorial/virgin-london-marathon-countdown/9478.html:

05/04/2013 at 13:32
This cold has been clinging on for 6 days now and I've done 2 runs with it, next one is on Sunday but if it carries on I'll be resting, I want to be well and happy to sacrifice a few miles in order to get back on form.

4.15 group is a big ask for the full 26.2.... Tempted though!
05/04/2013 at 14:25

Afternoon peeps,

had my final sports massage before Brighton and am feeling great!  Feeling great now of course makes me very nervous as so much can happen in the mentime........ 

Denise, please take care of yourself.  The rule with colds is that if it's in your head you can run but if it's on your chest then you rest (as it puts too much pressure on your heart).

Fenn, no I don't do training runs whilst knitting - I just do it on the day itself, a bit like wearing a costume of a giant sauce bottle   Tiresome about your appointment being cancelled but at least then could fit you in tomorrow.

Jim where will you be standing?

05/04/2013 at 15:04

The early weather forecast for brighton is looking perfect RED!! Was thinking about your knitting.. Is there a guiness world record you can get for knitting while running a amarathon? Have you contacted the BBC you should do, its a good story! Also with knitting isnt the first row really hard to do, so will start running with a few lines done?  

I managed to get a very expensive massage today( add taxi ride onto that so I wouldnt be stupidly late back work). I had a very tight TP muscle?? a tight calf muscle that was causing the discomfortable in my foot. So think massage may of done trick, just rest now and see if can go out on Sunday.

I am excited....

14,261 to 14,280 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.