sub or about 4h30 hopefully

14,541 to 14,560 of 14,704 messages
23/04/2013 at 15:37

Oh wow, what great stories.  Well done everyone!

Mark, it was a bad day at the office, that's all.  Ouch to the sunburn though.

I'm still writing about the days leading up to the marathon - I was up at 4:30am trying to catch up on my blog!

Day 3 of my running streak today and I ran 5.78 miles.  Legs felt OKish after 3 miles, same as yesterday, but today they didn't like going downhill 

23/04/2013 at 15:52

Ouch Fenn that looks sore!

I seem to have been really lucky with my feet. Throughtout all my training and races I haven't had a single problem with blisters, sores etc. I'm using a pair of New Balance 860s.

I'm with Mark. I'm having a week off doing nothing and eating rubbish, then I'll be back on the road next week.

My muscles are feeling good today. Only noticable aches left is just in a couple of places in my right foot.

I have a picture to share too, but not what you think. This has been a long standing belief of mine, but I got it done yesterday to commemorate my achievement

My first tattoo:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/770761/gallery/wp_20130422_009.jpg?width=350

23/04/2013 at 15:59

Hi guys, I managed 4 hours 34 mins and 3 seconds. Really happy for my first marathon, and my fundraising total is almost £2,500 for my charity too so I'm DELIGHTED!! Considering Dublin in October and am definitely entering the ballot for next year.... Well done everyone!

23/04/2013 at 16:40

Yes Red I am looking forward to hearing about your experience very much!

I am sore still... I haven't had a massage or cold baths, or stetched so probably only one person to blame...

No exercise for me till the weekend...I think ironically a 26.2 mile run has solved my foot issues???!!???!?! although may be a bit optimistic..

Wow Dan...medal and finishers t-shirt not enough for you?  nice mantra though for a tattoo.

well done George... great achievements..

23/04/2013 at 17:01

Haha, it's been something I've wanted for a long time Fenn, but I thought what better way to justify its meaning than to have it done after a marathon

23/04/2013 at 19:20
My quads have been really achy yesterday and again today, but I made myself go out for a recovery run this evening. Very very stiff going but weirdly also very fast without meaning to be so. Did just over 3.5 miles at 7.45min/mile pace
Mark fingers crossed for you for next time. Have a feeling that if you keep the weight off this time (and I'm sure you will if you keep running) then next time you train you can focus on just the running and not stress your body with all the weight training and additional gym work you were putting yourself through. The amount you have lost is a fantastic achievement though as is completing the marathon, even if you are a bit disappointed. Just stick with it

Oh and Fenn, what shade of nail polish is that?
Edited: 23/04/2013 at 19:21
23/04/2013 at 20:45

Well that was hard! I didn't even run a marathon and my legs killed! 20 miles biking doesn't suit my legs or my bum, and neither were happy today!

Two miles running to the club hurt like hell...  it got better as we ran to the common to do some xc hill reps, then I managed a lift home so it was only 7 miles, fortunately!

Now guys and girls, a confession! Sorry, but I joined another thread yesterday... a tad faster than this one, but as you're all like my running family, I'll still hang around and nag you into running more and running faster and running with more enjoyment!

23/04/2013 at 21:16

Jim, NOOOOooooooooooo!  How could you? OMG, I'm going to have to let you fly the nest, SOB!   About time you did really as you're such a speedy boy 

Fenn, your poor toe. 

Nice tattoo Dan - like the style of the writing.

Hi Georgina and welcome to the thread. Well done on your time.

23/04/2013 at 21:19
Been meaning to ask Jim, you have mentioned a few times that your long term aim is to beat your marathon PB. What time do you need to run?
23/04/2013 at 22:03
Wow mark, you went through the wars, well done for sticking in and completing. Great effort and at least you can say you finished it, mo farah chucked it at half way.... Lol

Well done Georginagem, a great time and a fantastic amount for your charity.

I'm feeling fine, not too sore and will defo be in the ballot come Monday. I loved it and so far raised around ??1600 for breast cancer care. Happy days!
24/04/2013 at 10:05

Andrew, my marathon PB at the moment is 4:13 (Casteldeffels, 2011) but my aim for this year is likely to be around 3:45 and ultimately, 3:30.

It'll partly depend on what I do in the half on Sunday: having run 600 miles in training (inside 4 months!) for a half I reckon this could be as good as it gets!

24/04/2013 at 10:25

So the question is what do I do now. I don't want to wait until next year to have another stab at a decent time. So thinking maybe the York one in October maybe. I think if I have a week off, start next Monday at the gym, do my usually 3 runs a week outside including  a long one at the weekend around 10-13 miles then  I wont have as much to build upto when I start for York in around a month or so.

I respond to goals and targets and if I have an aim. Im doing the great north run in September too which will be good training. I think doing a smaller more local Marathon where I don't have to get sponsors will take some pressure off me and York is flat and will be less crowded.

Or there is Bournemouth marathon and Jersey marathon too. I think I need that buzz again from the training, motivation, science and pressure to keep going with my weight loss and to get fitter and faster.

cougie    pirate
24/04/2013 at 11:17
Nice picture of you Mark in The Times following Katherine Jenkins into the finish !
24/04/2013 at 12:31

Really? How you know it's me lol.

I look awful in all the official photos taken during the race. Only 2 decent ones out of 15.

24/04/2013 at 13:59

sounds fairly similar aims to myself Jim, although I wont be able to match your weekly milage with the family. But although I missed out on sub 4 at london, I had only decided to go for that a few weeks ago.  My training had initially been geared towards 4:10-4:15 so im hopeful that over the next couple of marathons I can get first under 4 hours, then 3.45. Not sure if ill quite make the sub 3.30 though, although ive ran a half in 1hr 41 so the race calculators seem to think I should be going for that

24/04/2013 at 14:08

Cougie is that todays Times? Had a look at supermarket and couldn't find it.

24/04/2013 at 16:47
Been sent home from work, I feel crap, and Im still walking like an idiot!

No real energy to reply but am here enjoying posts!
24/04/2013 at 16:57

(((Fenn))) take it easy love xxx

Day 4 of 111 for me and 5.60 miles of a mixture of grass, ploughed fields and tarmac with some hills. My legs felt fine.  That's 43.5 miles so far. I wouldn't have known I've just run 2 marathons 

Finally finished updating my blog. The first post is about VLM but those of you interested in the Guinness World Records press conference and photo shoot or the Alzheimer's Show will need to scroll down the page to Frantic Friday parts 1, 2, & 3.

It's been and awesome week!!!

http://extremeknittingredhead.blogspot.co.uk/

24/04/2013 at 17:48

Im still shattered, when I say Ive had 3-4 hours sleep each night since Friday im not exaggerating, if I know I have to be up early or get a good nights sleep I never do, its like reverse physcology.

Still debating my cours eof action but think im going to do the leeds half in 3 weeks ive a spot for then build up to great north run in September then use that as part of training for the York marathon October 21st, then that gives me a month off then start for London and my aim of under 4 hours. I should be fat free by the start of training for London and the race itself for York and be flying in training.

cougie    pirate
24/04/2013 at 17:54
Mark - it was on the website version of the Times.
14,541 to 14,560 of 14,704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.