sub or about 4h30 hopefully

14,581 to 14,600 of 14,695 messages
28/04/2013 at 19:23

Jim, well done mate that's great news, the fact that it's an 18yr old PB makes it sooooo much more impressive too. 

Red, so just a few miles this week then!!!

fenn hows the body feeling one week on then? in fact how is everyone feeling a week on? Red maybe you should not comment, makes the rest of us feel bad (I've been meaning to sponsor you by the way, think that what your doing and how you have linked it all is fantastic)

28/04/2013 at 20:30

Excellent work Jim! Well done 

Nice miles Red

28/04/2013 at 20:51

Jim it's a minimum of 5.5 miles for the 55 days a day up until my birthday in June (I'm 55 at the moment) then it's a minimum of 5.6 miles a day for a further 56 days.  Simples!   The only reason it was so high the first week was 'cos it started with VLM.  I reckon it will settle around the 40 miles a week mark.  Oh and I reckon you'll get that 3:30 eventually as you've got the hunger for it.

Thanks Denise.  How are you feeling?

Andrew, awwh, bless you, that's really kind of you. ps I'm feeling quite good for an old biddy 

28/04/2013 at 23:36

Brighton entry done... Now for London tomorrow!

29/04/2013 at 01:15

London entry done... might enter Miton Keynes as a backup..

29/04/2013 at 01:19

oh, estimated finish, 3:35:00. Sorry guys! too optimistic, perhaps!

29/04/2013 at 11:03

2014 entry done! I've donated my entry fee - that was how i got my 2013 place. 

Back to running proper for me this week.  Running club tonight long run again this weekend! Prep for Edinburgh!

Red - how did you get on with 2 marathons back to back? I'm conscious that I've been an idiot entering Edinburgh, but I was on such a high post London I felt like I could do anything! 

Will I be capable of beating my time? or are they too close for that? Should I just fun run it? 

I ran Leeds half 2 weeks after London in 2010 and got a sub 2 time, so it's not all bad is it????? 

Any advice greatly appreciated! 

29/04/2013 at 12:50

congrats Iccle Jim thats a great time..just goes to show that allthe hard work has payed off..

0 miles for me..post marathon...no reason just lazy! ....anyway moving on,,,,despite never doing another marathon did find myself on the ballot page this morning for London, unfortunately /fortunately depending how you look at it..it was closed by 11ish.

Denise...how are you feeling...have you done much running post london..am i right that edinburgh is end of May? doesnt sound impossible to me..if you are motivated for it!   

29/04/2013 at 12:51

Entry is now CLOSED for London 2014 and I was very nearly leaving it till I got home tonight...v glad I didn't

29/04/2013 at 14:08

my god that is fast!!!! 17 hrs last year it must have been close to 4 this year! (i think it opened at 8 this morn?

29/04/2013 at 14:53

Afternoon all,

The VLM ballot opened at midnight I think.  I was going to enter at lunchtime but it was closed already.  Never mind, there's always the GB route again if I decide to do it 

Well done to all of you who entered and fingers crossed for you.  I deliberately didn't enter Brighton as I want a change so maybe I should have a break from VLM too?  Please feel free to remind me of that when I'm filling out another GB application next year 

Denise, you'll be well recovered by the end of May.  Just make sure you don't push too hard over the next few weeks and ease back on any speedwork as there's nothing to be gained 'cos you did all the training for VLM.  Just tick over and you'll find you've got enough energy to push it.  As you know I usually just plod so multiple marathons are easily done but when I did 5 marathons last year I did course pbs for 3 of them.  When I did 3 marathons on consecutive weekends I did a course pb on 2 of them - interestingly it was on numbers 2 & 3 which seems odd doesn't it!

Running streak day 9 of 111

5.79 undulating/hilly miles all on the lanes except for the last 1.5 miles across the fields. Asthma a bit gunky on the uphill sections.  Am now thinking about an autumn marathon..........

Total miles so far 78.05

29/04/2013 at 15:00

lol...I couldn't even get in the ballot to get rejected! 

very much enjoying the running total Red!

29/04/2013 at 21:54

glad I set my alarm for 1am!

30/04/2013 at 21:35

Evening all,

Running streak day 10 of 111

7.52 undulating/hilly miles mostly on the lanes except for the last 2.5 miles across the fields. It was jolly cold out there at 5:30am but I had to go early to head off into London.

Total miles so far 85.57 

01/05/2013 at 07:04

Top work red, too busy with coursework marking this week to run so far but going to try and gout to this eve. Meant to be running a half this weekend in marlow

01/05/2013 at 08:56

6 miles incl 6x 3 mins effots with 1 min recovery. Efforts at between 7:00 and 7:15 pace.

I felt hevy in my legs and couldn't quite get up a decent speed each time - 7.15 sounds fast but it's only a bit ahead of 10k pace, perhaps slower than my next 5k pace and I certainly shouldn't be having to push hard to do it after 2 minutes! Oh well, maybe that half marathon took more than my legs were willing to give?!

Resting up tonight (housework!) and a longish run tomorrow....

01/05/2013 at 15:24

Afternoon all,

Another glorious day here.

Running streak day 11 of 111 (soon be into double figures)

5.91 miles all across fields or on woodland paths. Stumbled on a few tree roots but managed not to kiss the earth this time!

Total miles so far 90.48

Jim, LOL at the housework you glamour boy!

Andrew, hope the weather's nice for your 1/2.  I'm off to Badminton horse trials on Friday and Saturday as ARUK are their charity of the year.  I'll be speaking on their radio station and I've been given permission to do my daily runs around the grounds - how cool is that 

01/05/2013 at 16:44

I worked at Badminton a few times! they used to bus a load of us from Bath Uni to help do carparking in the mornings then get a free pass for the afternoons! we used to play "spot the horse" - a cruel game where we ranked the girls and their mums for looks, and got double points if the family's horse was better looking!

Glorious sunshine this afternoon so might ignore the housework and run along the river instead!

01/05/2013 at 20:54

LOL at your Badminton game Jim!  Good plan to ditch tthe housework.

02/05/2013 at 09:18

even better than ditching the housework was a visit to the running shop. New pair of dual-layer shorts for LSRs...

Got home and put a load of washing on. Rock and roll!

14,581 to 14,600 of 14,695 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.