Support Group 1 - Mudchute 2013

81 to 100 of 109 messages
17/04/2013 at 20:58

Keren, I look forward to meeting you.  If you can get there early then you get to see the elite and wheelchair athletes come through before the main pack.  It is impressive to see just how fast they run!

18/04/2013 at 06:33
How long do you guys stay there for? (just incase I am last)
18/04/2013 at 06:42
will there be any cable cars coming through excited
18/04/2013 at 14:47

Hi folks, I hope everyone is feeling ready .

I am not leaving any gels etc at the stand as I think I will be carrying all that I need, I might grab the odd jelly baby, but if you get the chance for a photo that would be great, a tall order perhaps with so many runners. Looking forward to Sunday, I know it gave me a lift last time having the mile 17 support to look forward to, I was thinking about it from 15 onwards 

18/04/2013 at 20:11

Chicken, last year we were there until 4pm.  We have runners in other groups who have given estimated times at Mile 17 as 3pm.  I'm sure you put down a faster time than that.

And once again I will say it... WE DON'T LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND!  If you seriously think that you might need to drop out, for example because you are nursing an injury before you get to the start line, then send me a text so that we know you are ok.  I'm happy to give my mobile number out to anyone who wants it.

18/04/2013 at 20:24

Evening all,

Sorry Caz for not getting on her sooner.  Was good to chat on FB the other day.

You know my forum name and real name.

Running number is 54788

Time to Mile 17 about 3.5 hours so about 2pm.

Mr Prawnie's running number is 24112.

I'm going to leave a couple of gels at the Expo with our details on them, other than that a big hug from you SC will be all we need.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Super Caz for doing all the running around this year.

We're running together and will be wearing orange T-shirts with FAB on the front.

18/04/2013 at 22:10

Always here for a gossip Prawnie.

19/04/2013 at 00:31
Well I've finally found you all!
My memories of the start at blackheath in the last ever flora lm were the queues for the loos. It got to the point that as soon as I'd been I went back to the end to queue again!
The she wees are a bit strange but I didn't see many women taking them although I have heard they are pretty easy to use.
There are marquees at the start so you can get changed if you need to and keep dry.
I'll be at the expo on Saturday from about 12 depending on train time and I'll bring some blister plasters and Vaseline and a first aid kit.
Oh and a camera.
I'll try to post a picture of me but there is one of me running in my profile along with some rather random ones which I posted on the Paris thread.
Looking forward to seeing you all
Kat
19/04/2013 at 17:46

Number 1 sign is done.  Orange on a purple backgroud so hopefully it should show up agianst the yellow and blue balloons.  Keep an eye out for it folks, but if you find the right sort of area and can't see it then shout for us and we will make ourselves known

19/04/2013 at 20:22
I dropped off a couple of gels and small donation to supporter supplies at the expo today, the bag is labelled (little food bag inside small green Bentalls bag) but not the gels, no matter, I'm just giving gels to everyone as I'm paranoid about missing everyone and running out of steam at half way (cos there won't be anything to eat or drink, anywhere, doh). Marathon fever is turning my brain to mush. I will try and post a pic tomorrow if I can work out how to navigate the various technical hurdles
19/04/2013 at 20:24
Meant to add thank-you to SuperCaz and everyone else involved for their efforts with this it really is much appreciated x
19/04/2013 at 21:18

I dropped off some (labelled) gels and a thankyou gift at the expo but the woman I spoke to seemed a bit confused about the whole mudchute/forumites idea, so I hope you got them!

Absolutely cacking my pants right now (NOT LITERALLY).

19/04/2013 at 22:34

Thanks in advance for all your hard work  

I dropped a couple of gels off at the expo today, so hopefully re-united with them when I see you! (If not Mr Alki may well collect them if he spots you)

20/04/2013 at 06:50
At the expo yesterday the man I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the support groups!
20/04/2013 at 08:30

Hi

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but i really want to come up to London tomorrow to support runners, can i come along to Mile 17 to help?

Will bring jelly babies and anything else people might want!

Fran

20/04/2013 at 10:22

There's a growing excitement in the Happychap household

I've dropped a bottle of (hopefully flat) coke in to pick up tomorrow.  I've got a very acute case of tendonitis in my ankle so will be walking from the off.  Expected time 1.50/2pm.

20/04/2013 at 17:37
Supercaz Am failing to post a photo but am happy to email it if you can send me your email address
20/04/2013 at 21:43

Fran - yes, just turn up

21/04/2013 at 20:46

Sorry guys, managed to totally miss you in spite of all the balloons and also the fact that I was actually looking for you! You probably missed me too cos I was a bit early . But I made it to the end anyway! Will have to come back next year to have a chance to actually see you.

Also: 3:06:16! Feeling pretty smug.

21/04/2013 at 21:29
Awesome time Literatin well done - it took me about twice as long but I made it! Thanks to everyone the hugs and fresh orange segments especially went down a treat and revived me just when I needed it!
81 to 100 of 109 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.