Support Group 2

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

961 to 969 of 969 messages
23/04/2012 at 10:16
I missed you!!! Thank you for being there anyway though. xx
23/04/2012 at 10:22
Aw, sorry you missed us Lady I but whilst there are a lot of shouting and balloons to attract your attention there's that all over the course .

Hope you had a good run and enjoyed it anyway.
23/04/2012 at 10:57
A woman summed up VLM for me yesterday, and for me confirms that VLM is, and should remain, an open event that people can enjoy as either a serious race or a fun event (not FUN RUNNERS though I hasten to say). I was stopping to high five and say hello to spectators on route and interacting with the crowd, sometimes stopping completely to high five little toddlers expectantly holding their hands out. the joy and excitement on their faces at being part of the event and a runner actually acknowledging them said it all. After I'd stopped and high fived a couple of really young children the mum stopped me and said "thankyou for entering into the spirit of the day". I don't think it could have been summed up better than that for me
23/04/2012 at 12:39
High guys, sorry I missed you (again) although I did spot the threezies!!!
23/04/2012 at 13:18

TP, Foxy and gang, thank you for the hugs you do not know how much i needed them.

You guys are stars in my eys.

23/04/2012 at 14:13
Thankyou you super stars! I was so happy to see you there even though I'd never met any of you. I was really focused on getting to Mudchute and it gave shape to the run. Got in in just under 5 hours - a personal worst, but no more than I deserve given my training. Had an amazing day though. Thanks you lovely people for standing there all day. In the end too filthy to go to Chandos -I spent about 90 minutes trying to escape from St James Park and then went back for a shower and to inspect the horrific state of my toes. Hope all others are OK. I was looking out for ST and Loon after I finished but didn't see you.
23/04/2012 at 14:17
Toe nail count, 5 black and good to go...other blisters 3
Need to revise choice of shoe for next year
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/04/2012 at 14:18
Thank you all for your lovely support again.

Sorry I was not very sociable, I was on for a sub 5 (that the cramp put paid to, but no matter). I did appreciate your support and care.

Like que sera sarah, I was too emotionally and physically wrecked trying to get through the mad madness at the finish to be of much cheer in chandos. I went back to my hotel, and that was quite some journey on the tube!

once again, many thanks xx
24/04/2012 at 14:05

I saw you. I got a jelly baby as required but no hugs. Thanks to someone called Dave who had some nice chat in him

Loon, I think I saw you in the start area, walking from the station and I shouted but you didn't hear. I was mid-conversation with someone I'd been walking with or I'd have come over. You looked fabulous, by the way!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
961 to 969 of 969 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.