Support Group 2

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

1 to 20 of 969 messages
18/03/2012 at 11:55

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Tickled Pink
SnailsPace
Running Rodent

Runners
Sacco di Noci
Sweetest Thing
Loon
BBH
geena P
Que Sera Sara
Badoo
Ye Olde Dragon
ferijoa
Bluesky12
Anyoldron

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, when you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to your respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 15th April.

Good luck everyone..

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/03/2012 at 12:22
Hi Gang

I’ll post asked for details later. Just popping in to say Hi and thank the organisers for doing this yet again.
18/03/2012 at 18:26

Hi everyone

I'm most excited the groups are allocated - 5 weeks today and we'll be there - woo hoo!!

Can't wait to get to meet everyone

18/03/2012 at 18:44
Howdy folks - and hello Group 2 .

Just to let you know I can do pickups from the Expo any day if needed - it's within striking distance of where I work.

Hope the training's going well. Good weather has been ordered for the day.
18/03/2012 at 19:17
Excellent RR, both SP and I are from outwith Ingerlund so only arrive on Friday.

Now, I have been a Grope 3 supporter (the magic numbers) and a Grope 5 but now we need a tag for the Terrible Twos .... oh I seem to have it

Welcome aboard the Terrible Twos. Tantrums and tiaras mandatory. Gin optional. Fun guaranteed. Bring it on ..
18/03/2012 at 20:08
The gin is optional? No one told me that!

TP - am I right in thinking you're coming from north of the Border?
18/03/2012 at 20:14
*pops in to wave to the neighbours* hello peeps!!!!! RR I work in the city so can give you a hand with grope 2's pick ups as well as my wicked ones if needed the countdown has begun! X
18/03/2012 at 21:46
Hi all, I've decided to defer until next year now so sadly won't be enjoying the support at mile 17. Sorry i forgot to update and take my name of the list. Good luck to all runners and have fun all supporters!
18/03/2012 at 23:06
You are correct in your assumption RR, I am of the kilt wearing fraternity. SP isnof the leprachaun species ... mixed bag us terrible twos.

Nice work SBH.

Sorry to lose one already but I shall be adopting as we go as ever.
19/03/2012 at 09:01
Morning Number Twos .

<snigger> well it seemed quite appropriate for runners ...

No, I think we'll stick with the Terrible Twos and throw huge tantrums over who gets the biggest fizz allocation or most jelly babies.
19/03/2012 at 09:13
Pops in to say hello to the neighbours
19/03/2012 at 09:16
Morning!

I am practising my foot-stamping, breath-holding and dry-eyed crying in order to set the standard for Terrible Two behaviour -I just need to cast my mind back to when LD and AS were toddlers to have some good role models!!
19/03/2012 at 09:22
Some of us have never grown out of it, only this morning I had to throw myself down on the kitchen floor and drum my heels when I found the hot cross bun was a little stale.

Welcome aboard ST. I dont believe either of your two would have done such a thing ...
19/03/2012 at 09:59
TP - thought so. Ex-pat Scot here - I think as a matter of principle we should offer deep-fried shotbloks and Irn Bru.
19/03/2012 at 10:28
And an ex-pat here to, so there will be a little row if us!
19/03/2012 at 12:19
*elbows a bit more space* budge up terrible twos, make way for Team Three
19/03/2012 at 12:26
pops in from group 1.......hello.....pops out again......
19/03/2012 at 12:52
Oooh how exciting! Hello twos. Looking forward to meeting everyone in LESS THAN FIVE WEEKS. I will be thinking of my green room requirements in the mean time (apart from the gin which I assume is for the runners too ...?)
19/03/2012 at 14:02

Well, this runner (term used in its loosest possible sense) is having champagne, so you can have all the gin you fancy

19/03/2012 at 14:42
Ooohh - makes my Stronbow look very pedestrian - an extremely apt description for this old Bear .
1 to 20 of 969 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.