Support Group 3

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

181 to 200 of 398 messages
06/04/2012 at 20:46
Aw shame we won't be seeing you KK, but good news you are not injured and can do it next year instead
06/04/2012 at 21:44

KK, big shame about that.  Hopefully I can get GFA and will catch up with you next year!  Although...  I'm sure I said somewhere that I'm never running a marathon again.  Okay, hopefully I won't get GFA.  Anyway, as B says, good news you're not injured.

When you said whole bar, Caz, did you mean family sized like I would...?

07/04/2012 at 07:28

Sorry to hear that KK.  Are you going to pop along and join us supporting instead?

Ratzer, a whole bar is one of those 220g bars.  Sometimes I go for the slightly smaller 180g ones if they are on special offer.

I've decided to pull out of my marathon too.  I've not put the training in and although I could get round I don't think I would enjoy it.

07/04/2012 at 18:48

I think I'd never race if I thought I had to be fully, properly and carefully trained before I could...  But then I know the odd runners who seem to be permanently in base training.

So, what is everyone doing for their LR this weekend?  Anyone testing out chocolate egg as a gel replacement?

07/04/2012 at 18:52
Ratzer, I imagine eating a Creme Egg while running might prove to be a tad difficult! 18 miles for me with the last 6.2 at marathon pace.
07/04/2012 at 22:13
Good running CC2

I was given a creme egg for volunteering at parkrun this morning ... I did wait until after my run to eat it though, I agree they are not ideal runing fuel ... nice though!
08/04/2012 at 14:23
15.5 for me all slow.  Just about to have my chocolate reward...
08/04/2012 at 15:02
Well earned Ratzer
08/04/2012 at 15:28
I very much enjoyed my 18 miler with the last 10k @ MP. I got to spend that last 10k playing sergeant major and bullying a friend round to a PB No chocolate for me though, I'm dairy intolerant. I have had a rather nice homemade dairy free hot cross bun though. And a large amount of roast turkey with half a plateful of chips (and four sprigs of broccoli for good measure).
08/04/2012 at 16:43
Good to see you are getting the superfoods in CC2 ... by that I mean the chips obviously
Actually we treated ourselves to take out fish and chips last night, it was bloomin' lovely!
08/04/2012 at 18:06
Today I have mostly been eating cake.
08/04/2012 at 19:40

Hi everyone just discovered this today ,think it;s a great idea                                         

name.    Cliff

number.   30569     

wearing.    black shorts black vest with CLIFF on it .

request.    big smile, big shout, and an energy gel please

time.    hoping to hit 17miles  around the 2 hour mark

See you at the expo thanks all !

08/04/2012 at 20:05
Thanks themp.  Can you leave the gel at the RW stand at Expo, with it labelled with your name and Support Group 3, so that we know it is yours.  I could supply you with a gel but it would probably be the wrong brand for you.
08/04/2012 at 20:44

Yes Caz no prob and thanks again

08/04/2012 at 22:37
Sorry to hear about those deferring. I'm massively undertrained for this marathon, which was always going to be the case but I've had a virus for the past week and haven't run since my last long run Saturday a week ago. Overall, I've done most of my long runs but very few of the shorter mid week ones, but as I deferred last year I have to do this one to I lose my place. I'm hoping to get out for a short run tomorrow to see how things go.

Best of luck to everyone for the last 2 weeks!
09/04/2012 at 10:39

Bugger only 2 weeks - I can do the expo run if Caz and B want to meet up I am down early Saturday now

Good luck everyone and try not to panic about last minute niggles - taper madness 

09/04/2012 at 12:53
12 miles yesterday and not a creme egg in sight. Looking forward to a week of shorter runs - let laziness rule
09/04/2012 at 21:56
I'm busy Saturday morning, but could meet up in the afternoon
09/04/2012 at 22:04
I won't be up there on saturday, will travel early Sunday (well as early as the Sunday train service allows!)
09/04/2012 at 22:42

Just checking through my spreadsheet and I am missing the following info.  You might have supplied it already and I have simply missed it, or somehow messed it up so apologies if I am asking you again.

Fizzipop and DL - your race numbers please

Davewood - You race number and estimated time at mile 17.  Also whether Dan and Sam will be with you, or whether we need to look out for them separately.  If the latter then please can we have their details too.

Speedy G - What you are wearing and any special needs

Iron Pudsley and Jshrew - real name, race number, estimated time at mile 17, what you are wearing and whether you need any special needs.

181 to 200 of 398 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.