Support Group 3

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

41 to 60 of 398 messages
21/03/2012 at 19:46
Nice pic Caz ... I don't do pics, not sure I have any at all ... shame
21/03/2012 at 19:48
B doesn't look that much different to her avatar, except the hair is a differnet colour and she has two eyes.
Tommygun2    pirate
21/03/2012 at 19:59
the two time I have met B she was so wapped up against the cold I could only see her eyes
21/03/2012 at 20:16

so, B is  a she

i dont really know who is who

21/03/2012 at 20:21
Yes, until you meet people it can be confusing.
21/03/2012 at 20:55
Name: Karen
Number: don't know yet
Time: before dark or before everyone goes home - I joke not
Wearing: not sure yet but thinking about getting my tee shirt printed on the front to say 'Am I there yet' will let you know if I do.

Seriously I may not make the start and if I do I doubt I will make mile 17 far less the finish so if this is the case would I be able to get someone's mobile number so I could text to let you know so no one is waiting needlessly ? Feel free supporters to PM me with it and I will let you know why I am saying this.
21/03/2012 at 21:22
Just found running number on my acceptance form

22/03/2012 at 09:16
Morning
It is odd when someone you assumed was male turns out to be femaleor vice versa! I definitely have two eyes, they are shortsighted tho, so I wear specs and have dark hair ...
22/03/2012 at 09:22

Helloo! Thank you so much for allowing me into your group

• Forum name: Fizzipop
  • Name: P-T
  • Race number: TBA
  • Mile 17: Errrrm, this is my first, so no idea. Maybe around the 3hr mark?
  • Wearing: A green Macmillan vest with (hopefully) "P-T" on the front and back. Haven't decided anything below the waist yet, except for my brilliant neon yellow shoes!
  • Special needs: An instant teleporter beam to the finish? Otherwise, I'm good!

I have no photos of myself in my planned racegear, but I did find a rather unattractive photo of me from two years ago, at my first (and only) half marathon!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h193/fizzymartini/untitled6.jpg

Edited: 22/03/2012 at 09:25
22/03/2012 at 09:38
Welcome Fizzipop
Both feet off the ground
22/03/2012 at 09:55

Hi B

Lady B

sorry , just didnt know what u was

22/03/2012 at 10:09
Speedy G, I've sent you a PM.  If anyone else wants my mobile number then PM me.  Also if anyone doesn't want to put their details on a public forum then you can PM them to me.
22/03/2012 at 12:48
*waves to Mick*

Caz seems to have everything organised
22/03/2012 at 12:51

good old caz

i only wish i did

* waves back at B * MWAH

22/03/2012 at 12:58
Well it's good distraction therapy B
Edited: 22/03/2012 at 12:59
22/03/2012 at 14:49
I can understand that Caz, but do let me know if I need to do something other than natter on the forum

mwah Mick
22/03/2012 at 15:50

Not sure there's much else to do until the week before B.

I'm making cake for the supporters.  Any preference to flavour B and Madge?

Exciting KK!  I don't suppose you can tell me what times the various starts are?  The official web site doesn't appear to have them, helpfully.

22/03/2012 at 16:52

Afternoon

I should be downt eh day before now as I have somewhere to crash - I will soprt a picture out once I have done my roots -not that it is much of an improvement

22/03/2012 at 18:39
Evening all

Marathon magazine arrived today - how jolly exciting - blue start for me - with the elites. Well not 'with' exactly - fenced off and hidden from view - with a few thousand people separating us.

Did enjoy the comment some pages back about the difference between 'training' outfit and 'racing' outfit because of the effort levels involved. I have only have the one pace/effort - super slow/nuclear fusion red and sweaty feeling I'm about to die. I know I'll only really need vest and shorts but I'm worried about being a tad chilly at the beginning and at mile 23 - 5 hours in when my leg falls off and I'm staggering slowly to the light at the end of the tunnel..... can you tell I'm feeling supremely confident!?

Will look through some recent 'race' photos and try and find one that hasn't got 'copyright' stamped all over my face to give you an idea of what I look like. The only person I managed to 'spot' when I was supporting at mile 17 last year was Rob who was dressed as a giant nurse - everyone else just threw themselves at us in a sweaty heap
22/03/2012 at 19:11

Ooh, will my magazine be waiting at home when I get there tomorrow?

Difference between training outfit and racing outfit?
Men - training outfit shows off everything as tightly as possible, racing outfit is purely practical.
Women - training outfit is purely practical for getting lost on Snowdon in winter, racing outfit shows off everything as tightly as possible.

I haven't done London before.  The cold bit before the start, how long do you wait, and how do you keep warm?  Bin bags and rip them off when the gun goes?  I can make a great shell-suit out of bin bags.  They sell a version of it at my local Primarni...

41 to 60 of 398 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.