Support Group 4

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

201 to 220 of 370 messages
02/04/2012 at 16:04
I know my stomach does flips whenever I think about it. My long runs have been done at around 9:20-9:45/mile so what does that equate to race wise??
Iron Pingu    pirate
02/04/2012 at 18:56

When are most people going to the Expo?  It'll be Saturday afternoon for me. 

02/04/2012 at 19:00
I'm stuck about what to do. I am in Scotland the week before for a work training course and am flying back to Gatwick Friday afternoon - so tempted to trek to the Excel Friday late afternoon rather than try to battle back on Saturday
Iron Pingu    pirate
02/04/2012 at 20:27

Where are you staying Friday night?

02/04/2012 at 20:42

Nice 40 x 25m front crawl for me this morning no run today, tempo and short recovery run tomorrow.

My aim is to go as far as possible under 3hrs, I did 2:58:18 last year. Things over the last few weeks have started to come together I just hope the heat of last year stays away and we can have a cool one. See you all in Chandos for a pint, I travel over from Northern Ireland on the Friday and will go stright to the expo.

02/04/2012 at 21:16
No pain - do you fly into Gatwick? Is the journey from Gatwick to the excel easy? I think Id still rather attempt it late Friday with a suitcase than Saturday.
Im staying at home and getting my club coach to the start the morning of the race - it's an early start but I've been practising for it on my Sunday long runs so should be ok. Plus it takes a lot of the thinking out of it.
03/04/2012 at 13:22

hey guys

good running going on guys!!

sorry I've been missing in action been a busy old week last week at work what with the world and his wife jetting off on holiday it was rather busy at Heathrow...

Now I'm just awaiting the onset of taper maddness as Brighton is a little over 2 weeks for me eeeeeekkkkk!!

03/04/2012 at 20:28
Hi Guys,

I did 17m this weekend so can definitely say I will be at the mudchute closer to 3 hours than the 2:45 I'd previously said.
Sounds like most of you will be well finished by the time I shuffle over the finishing line!

Not long now
03/04/2012 at 20:28

Biscuit Nikki We get the Gatwick express train into Victoria our hotel is not far from the finish so I'll drop off my bags then go to the Expo. We are staying for 5 days and nights again and enjoy the trip every year.

VikW enjoy the taper all the hard works been done.

7 miles Tempo this morning.

04/04/2012 at 08:59

Thanks for the info.

On a separate note - my knee (just the right one) has started cracking, ver quietly, when i walk upstairs.  Seems to have developed since Sunday's race.  ITB feels a little tight but not too bad and I've been foam rolling, which I do anyway. Any ideas from you experienced marathon runners? It's not painful - just a bit disconcerting and put me off running last night just in case. I'm sorting out a sports massage for next week anyway as an 'MOT' so if it's still occuring I'll mention it then.

05/04/2012 at 19:13
Blimey i've been so busy i've missed most of this thread after originaly posting on it on page 1, its took me 2 days to read through it all lol, I have made a note of the pub where we all meet after ( very important information lol )

updating my info now

Forum Name - HannahsmomUK
Name on T.shirt Jo
Race number 39087
estimated time at mudshute, I have to say i'm slow, so would say 4 hours, I think i will be the last runner past so hopefully people can hang on for me

I intend to go to Expo on Sat morning or afternoon and will put some gels and jelly babies in an envelope thank you

thank you for organising this, it is very much appreciated

I did 18miles 2 weeks ago and found it really comfortable, everything went like a dream, did 20miles last friday and it all went belly up, my right knee caved in after the canal i normally run along was all fenced off and had to go over waste ground and jarred my knee at 9miles, the next 11miles were pure agony but i made it doing a mixture of walk run i'm afraid and finished in 4hours.

this week i have managed to pull my back doing some voluntary work at the firestation of all things ( yep i'm not cut out to give firemans lifts lol ) so been resting it for last 2 days and thankfully feels ok today

I am going down to Brighton next week and shall be there for the Brighton Marathon

so if anyone wants me to cheer them on please give me their name and race number, i would love to cheer you on

I am going to be standing at mile 7 and mile 14 at Brighton and shall be hanging around the clock tower at Preston park on the morning of the race, you should be able to spot me as i have my 3 children with me and my eldest daughter has Down's syndrome

Mick n Phil would be great to see you again, this time in role reversal seeing as i was cheering you at Gloucester last time

OK think i'm done, i'm excited, nervous and this weekend i plan to run about 10miles and see how i go then taper time!!
05/04/2012 at 20:44

7 miles at MP this morning

B Nikki your doing all the right things for the knee, foam roller

H MomUK don't panic we can all have off days during training sessions, the taper will make you feel 100% fresher come race day, just don't go off to fast.

05/04/2012 at 21:07
thx No Pain, think that was my problem with my 20miler, I am running 13min miles and i was doing 12 1/2 min miles for the first 9miles, i should have totally slowed it down and then when i picked up my knee injury i was totally burnt out, not even the gels seemed to do anything for me
06/04/2012 at 06:35

Hello all

Hannah - don't worry about the 20 miler, look after your injuries and take it easy now. It normally takes me about 4 hours to run 20 miles!

Not running today, hoping to do about 13-15 tomorrow

Have a good day everyone

06/04/2012 at 07:54
Hmom UK - I'm running Brighton as well as London....i'll be easy to spot just look for the yellow and black pirate vest like in my avatar.
06/04/2012 at 14:20
Hi All,

Just reading the thread,and get injuries all the time doing my second marathon, training has been up and down, had physio on hamstrings, shoes are a bug bear, so have gone back to using original trainers, before last week training was not going so well, did the 20 miler last week and went like a dream. Went out this am for a small run and legs felt so heavy but could be that I had physio just yesterday, I hope so anyway.

Biscuit Nikki I have problem knees (bad arthritis) and use a product called Regenovex, I take the capsules and have got the gel and put on my knees,I bought it at the expo centre before my last marathon because the guy said it would work,my knees were strapped up anyway, I put it on then night before and in the morning of the marathon,it went like a dream I didn't have any problems and swear by it now. I hope this helps

Andrea
08/04/2012 at 08:05

Flat foot Ted all the Best for both marathons.

MWW hope your run to day is good i'm just about to head out for 14 with 5 miles at MP.

Fruityg nice last long run it's funny how some of the short runs can be worse than the long stuff i'm sure everything will go like a dream on the big day.

09/04/2012 at 10:29

Hello all

Flat foot - god luck with the double! I had planned on doing the Great Welsh Marathon this weekedn and VLM next, but no way am I fit enough so only dong VLM!

No Pian - how was your 14?

I did 15 on Saturday, it was slow but okay. Feeling quite coldy again today and surrounded by lurgies! Hope to do a couple of 4-5 milers this week with a couple of miles at MP, but not running today. Really don't need a cold this close to VLM!

09/04/2012 at 12:30
Hello all - i ran an easy 16 yesterday, although found my legs were feeling really sluggish and heavy. - result of tapering or something else? I thought I would feel a bit more rejuvenated, although I suppose this is just the first week of tapering. Can't believe there's only two weeks left!
09/04/2012 at 17:52
Did just short of 13 miles yesterday with 6 miles at around or under MP.
40x25m front crawl this morning before work so hope to get on the treadmill for a nice 4 miles easy tonight.
201 to 220 of 370 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.