Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

301 to 320 of 370 messages
18/04/2012 at 09:19

if we make it to Mudchute

i'll be in need of hugs full stop

Iron Pingu    pirate
18/04/2012 at 13:27
xine267 wrote (see)

The DOMS was far worse yesterday - I was shuffling around like Pingu (cartoon not you )

.. well you say that .. but you haven't seen me run yet!!

Btw, I just wanted to say, I'm really hoping I stop and be cheerful at mile 17.... however ... twice I've completely missed the RW group and the 2 times I've done it I'm not looking pretty at mile17.  Hopefully Sunday will be different but if I don't stop, I'll be thinking virtual hugs!  (and definitely round for beers later)

18/04/2012 at 15:10

;)

However you are at Mile 17 is absolutely fine - it's your day, whatever you need to get you through. Even if you want to come over and kick the sign!

I will have my iphone and will try to track runners via the website but does anyone know if there is a way to store the race numbers of the runners before Sunday? It seems so complicated compared to the Brighton Marathon when we had a lovely app to store race numbers and send notifications when that runner crossed the half way point & the finish line.

18/04/2012 at 15:41
The way I am feeling today, will be lucky to get to mile 7! On a positive note, looking at doing Brighton next year!
18/04/2012 at 15:51

You think that now but on Sunday it will be a different story  

I have almost completely decided against signing up for Brighton or anything else this month. I think I'll give myself some non-marathon headspace over the summer to concentrate on shorter distances and strength & conditioning. If I still feel the urge at the end of the Summer, I'll enter one that starts registration in September.

*hums La Marseillaise*

18/04/2012 at 18:18

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the my lack of interaction so far but I've spent the last couple of weeks getting over a bout of manflu so that I am can make it to the start on Sunday.  My info is:

Forum name - Circus Strongman
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) - Darran
Race number - 18579
Estimated time to mile 17 - Around 2 hours 50 mins
What you'll be wearing - depending on the weather but I'll be wearing a white t-shirt and a purple Mencap running vest and a black cap. Or if it rains, I will be wearing a blue jacket over the top of everything.
Any special needs* - I plan on dropping of a bag at the expo if that's ok, so if you would be kind enough to give me that at mile 17 that would be great. Other than that, some re-assurance that I am still going stong.

Hope everyone is ok and is looking forward to Sunday.

CS

18/04/2012 at 18:38

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/482425/Gallery/number4_0.jpg

right there it is guys!!

i thought he plainer and simpler the better as i know what i'm like at mile 17......

will attatch it to a pole tomorrow when its dry!!

18/04/2012 at 18:52

Very nice, I like blue.

18/04/2012 at 19:30
Lovely!
Very excited/nervous now. First marathon so don't know what to expect really. Can't wait to get down to London on Saturday and start enjoying it all
18/04/2012 at 19:44
Had a fab weekend in Brighton, I was spectating if any of the runners saw us at mile 12 with a banner someone gave us saying Go Buzzers Go with my 3 girls ( i met a couple of ppl off the forum up at the clock tower in Preston Park which was good )

well done on all those who got PB in Brighton, on the back of the excitement of watching for the last 2 years i've signed up for 2013 without even running VLM yet arrgh!!!

Anyway back to VLM

I have a knee injury that i picked up 3 weeks ago, can run to 10miles before it kicks in so been icing and got a knee brace support today in running shop, they ordered it in for me bless and i tried it out on their treadmill

on the back of that, i'm now going to have to adopt a different stragedy for running and going for the run walk plan that i've seen other people do, so probably going to run 10/12mins and walk for 1 min, so if u see me walking it may be that i'm on the walk bit, but by mile 17 it could be that my knee has kicked in and i'm walking cos i'm in pain, guess you will find out on sunday

although i have to say, i plan to stop and will be in need of hugs at mudchute so i hope you will oblige

Mick n Phil u have to oblige seeing as I hugged you at Gloucester you have to return the favour

Remember that I am probably one of the slowest runners in this group so hope you will all wait for me

I cant see me finishing the marathon before 6 hours especially now i have a knee injury

Incidentally can I ask everyone, what colour start are you in?

and also if you are going to expo on the saturday morning, what time are people planning to get there, just wondered if anyone fancied meeting by the runners world stand just so can say a friendly hi before race day?

did someone offer their mobile number in the cheer squad, cant remember if i imagined that or not, if they did could i have it please, so i can tell you where I am, cos i am seriously worried that u may have got bored and given up waiting for me, so i can text you when i'm getting near mile 17

thanks

Jo
18/04/2012 at 19:59
Hi Jo,

I'm also injured and planning on run/walking from the very beginning, so you definitely wont be the slowest! Good luck and I hope your knee holds out as long as possible.
Oh and I think I'm in the red start.
18/04/2012 at 21:03
ooh Pug Runner if ur red start we could say hi at the start then

ooh and someone has just sent me the link like Brighton u can be followed by people so they know where you are

http://results-2012.virginlondonmarathon.com/2012/?pid=start

think someone in the cheer squad were asking about this
18/04/2012 at 21:08

Love the blue sign...can't miss the best group now!

18/04/2012 at 21:10
MWW i recognise u from Brighton thread too lol
18/04/2012 at 21:17
Hi HannahasmomUK,

I'll be wearing a union jack tutu so please come say Hi if you spot me!

18/04/2012 at 21:31
ooh yes ok Pug Runner i will, at least hopefully you will be easy to spot lol
18/04/2012 at 21:55
Hope so!
Will be fun spotting the crazy costumes too, hopefully keep me distracted from my suffering!

18/04/2012 at 21:56

we'll be screaming abuse at you all

completely free of charge

19/04/2012 at 09:42

Jo / Pug Runner

Good luck with the injuries, hopefully they'll improve some what for Sunday so that you can enjoy the day!

I went to the expo last night (it was really quiet) so won't be able to join you on Saturday and am in the blue start, pen 7.

Anyone know what the weather will be like? I can't make up my mind whether I want rain or sun

19/04/2012 at 09:55

Great we have a sign. Well done Vikw - plain an simple deffo the best.

I've dusted off my pompoms and just need to find the charger now.

301 to 320 of 370 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.