Support Group 4

Mudchute Live 22/04/2012

321 to 340 of 370 messages
19/04/2012 at 10:32

Wow the sign looks great Vik! Great job  

Jo and PR - we will be waiting for you and ready to supply hugs, cheers, jelly babies and gels as needed! I think you are amazing for doing the marathon with an injury, don't worry about the time it takes to get to Mile 17, just think that after you see us you'll only have single digits to go!

19/04/2012 at 14:12

Vik

I went to the Expo last night and couldn't find the RW stand! I know I was only there for a bit but gutted I couldn't find you guys...

Iron Pingu    pirate
19/04/2012 at 15:07

actually, that's a good point!  I couldn't find the RW world stand in the picture in the mag.

19/04/2012 at 15:14

I am so nervous as this is my first ever marathon. One year ago  I was a couch potato and my best effort at running was 5km in 45 mins (which is essentially a walk).

Finished the Brighton half fairly comfortably in 2:10 this year and a recent 10k in 54 mins, so really not sure what to expect timing wise this weekend.

Going to need all the support I can get this Sunday. I have pacer wrist bands from 04:10 to 04:30 and still deciding which one to use

Although I keep telling myself it would be a great achievement just to finish, I think subconsciously I would like to do it in round about 04:30 (RW Race predictor says I should be capable of it) and I am afraid I'd be disappointed if I do it too slow. Any help with my mindset? I think I need a shrink

19/04/2012 at 16:29
N32, think that ur times are good, so just go for it and try not to get to focused on ur finish time just enjoy the race otherwise you will feel demoralised if you dont reach ur ideal target and it would be a shame to ruin the day ( you can always run another marathon if you want a PB )

i think the fact that you have done 10k in under an hour is good going if you say that ur first 5k was 45 mins, you will be great, enjoy!!

to the others on here doing envelopes for the RW stand at Expo, although slightly worried as I couldnt find it in the magazine either, please tell me there is a stand if not do we leave our envelopes somewhere else on another stand???

i am just packing up my envelope now with jaffa cakes, jelly babies and a couple of gels with my pic on the front of what i'll be wearing, although on saying that if its raining i wont be wearing that, i'll be wearing a yellow knitted hat with my hair in plaits and a yellow/lime jacket

19/04/2012 at 16:50

RW Stand is number 148 at the Expo. I haven't been yet, but a couple of my friends went yesterday & today and found it for me (so they could enter the Saucony Kinvara contest for me  ).

Did any of you get photos taken with your race numbers in the photobooth? I'm noticing a lot of them appearing on FB!

19/04/2012 at 17:00

Newbie32 - Welcome!

Why don't you condense your pace bands down to show every 3 miles? Have your 4.10 time in red and the 4.30 time in black?

It's good to have a time in mind, but don't focus on it so much that you don't get a chance to enjoy the day. It's your first attempt at doing this distance in race conditions, so it's bound to be a bit of a learning curve too

19/04/2012 at 17:27
Circus Strongman and xine267 - thank you for the words of support!

I think when I inevitably start to suffer I have to keep in mind that if I wasn't running the marathon, I'd be at home watching it on the telly wishing I was!
19/04/2012 at 17:47
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671460/Gallery/joyce.JPG

Thanks Xine and Hannahsmom. Hope to see some of you at the start line! This is me.

19/04/2012 at 18:11
i wanna post a pic on here, how do u do that?
19/04/2012 at 19:40

Hannah - click on the "insert image" tag ..looks like a tree............. above! Upload your image, needs to be websized I think!

I'm off to London in the morning...Expo by lunchtime I hope...RW drop off...pasta and shopping!

19/04/2012 at 20:42
my friend was at expo today and got him to look for RW stand and he said its there, stand 148!! ok will have to try the image i did click on it but it never did anything but i have a relic pc so its not much cop really
19/04/2012 at 20:47

The RW stand is definitely there   Just a reminder to anyone leaving stuff for collection that mark RW on it as well as your group/number/name as the Fetchies also have a collection there and I remember it was all jumbled up last year.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday

19/04/2012 at 21:20
ah that was my next question what shall i put on the envelope, i was going to put jaffa cakes in there but i think they are just going to get moshed in there, so its going to be jelly babies and a couple of gels

i'd taken apic of me in my outfit but if its raining i'm going to be wearing plaits in my hair and a flourescent yellow knitted hat
19/04/2012 at 22:51
Hi Peeps I have been off line for a couple of days, I suffered an ankle injury a few years ago and since Sunday I have been limping and unable to run more than 150m due to the pain. I had worked very hard since November to get into PB shape and this was looking on till Sunday night. I have withdrawn and defered my place till next year and you can guess I'm gutted so I'm taking a couple of weeks off to let this settle down and heal. I would like to wish everyone who is running this weekend all the very best the weather is to be perfect so if it's your first or your tenth enyoy the day.
19/04/2012 at 22:53

i wont be cheering anyone

i'm gonna stand the and LMAO

19/04/2012 at 23:10
Mick will be waving to, shouting 'easy easy' at and supporting everyone.  If he doesn't I will send him on so many ASDA runs he'll be wearing their uniform
20/04/2012 at 00:37
aww no pain gutted for you, a very hard decision to make this close to race day

Yes Mick i am looking forward to seeing you, and i will need a pic too lol
20/04/2012 at 06:02

No Pain - really sorry to hear about your injury, take care.

Mick - LOL..feel free...I will be a right sight by the time I get to 17!

I hope ti get to london today, the plan was to be on the train this morning but my middle daughter who has been very for the last year had a really bad night, been up with her since 01.30, so will have to see how things pan out today.

In case I don't get back on here...have agreta run/support/laugh everyone! Look forward to seeing you at 17

Iron Pingu    pirate
20/04/2012 at 09:38

Oh bad luck No Pain, I'm sure next year you'll come back stronger and faster

Is anyone else getting the impression that that Mick is a trouble maker ..... you're going to have to watch him on the day

321 to 340 of 370 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.