Support Group 5 - Mudchute 2013

81 to 87 of 87 messages
23/04/2013 at 11:35

You stopped at 5

Out of interest what did you leave at the expo, we did have some unlabelled stuff?

We honestly dodn't have to wait for you, we were there for at least another half hour handing out stuff

23/04/2013 at 23:43
I looked and looked for you all but didn't see you. Glad you saw me though! Hope everyone had a great time - I did, finished in 5:05:32, which I was really pleased with, being injured and not run more than 5 miles at a time since a half at the start of March.
24/04/2013 at 07:27

Thank you so much for the much needed salted crisps. So sorry I didn't fancy the Red Bull & Jellybeans, I do hope that somebody else enjoyed them. I really appreciated knowing you'd be there at mile 17. I had a brutal "race" but am working out how to be much faster for next year so I can really enjoy it more. Still an hour and a half slower than my marathon PB but on the plus side, I beat last year's time by over five minutes so I'll take that... Thanks again! 2014 here I come.

24/04/2013 at 10:56

I think a fair few know the feeling of fancying something savoury after hours of sweet stuff. We tried twiglets last year but not everyone likes marmite!

29/04/2013 at 17:15

I didn't leave anything at Expo in the end Bear, worked out that I probably could carry enough.

Sounds like everyone had a good race and what an awesome time Nykie considering you were injured

30/04/2013 at 22:39

Thanks, I was training for sub-4:30 so it wasn't too far off, all things considering

30/04/2013 at 23:05

A belated thank you for being there   I was looking forward to seeing you as I trundled through Docklands which might account for 2 relatively quick miles.

Sorry I've not been in before but we had a bit of a weekend with MiL ending up in hospital on the Friday beforehand and the only certainty being that I was going to run (my husband is fab).  Got to you ahead of schedule and finished in 5:04 something which allowing for you, Fetchpoint, Alex from Super6 2011 on the mile 22 water and 4 toilet stops (pubs not portaloos) is not too bad.  Had a fab time and have put myslef back into the ballot to see what happens.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 87 of 87 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.