Support Group 6

Mudchute Live 26/04/09

81 to 100 of 605 messages
06/04/2009 at 12:38
Well done Happy !!! Didnt envy you running in that sun-shine and now 7 marathons, thats impressive im stopping at number 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/04/2009 at 12:56

Well done Happy!  I was thinking of you all in Paris yesterday while I was slogging around at Paddock Wood catching the sun on my shoulders and that was only a half!  Just twice that distance to do in less than three weeks oo er! 

06/04/2009 at 14:31

The wine at mile 23 helped to take the pain away

I can't believe the FLM madness will be over in 3 weeks. 

Nice try Candy

06/04/2009 at 20:35

info update

Forum Name: Tiptoes

Name: Lee Hinton

Number: 52227

Wearing: green /blue with Tiptoes on back.

Time at 17 mile: approx 2 hours after start

06/04/2009 at 23:02

I'll do it Candy.
You are paying all the travel and accomm costs though aren't you?
Well done Happy

Tiptoes [et al] - I'm good at being on my feet all day long [NHS slave], but Limpette is a student and doesn't enjoy shopping - ergo very little practise at 'trudging' endlessly!!

Today's long slow plod was cut short though when a niggling shin pain [Limpette] turned into a really debilitating sharp pain. It's the only pain I don't ignore, in myself or others, so we headed home and tomorrow her new shoes will come out of their box! Shin pain is usually the first sign of shoes wearing out I reckon.
At this rate we may have to re-estimate our sub 4:30 to a 'get round' time

07/04/2009 at 06:24

Morning six-ers

How's limpette this morning limps?

07/04/2009 at 07:13
Morning 6'rsLimper: good call. Tried and tested ice packs came out as well i hope.All of group 6 is with you in hoping Limpette is ok.
07/04/2009 at 07:17
if it helps Limper have chocolate
07/04/2009 at 07:38

Silly Happy - didn't I say Limpette is a student? In which case what is the point of asking how she is 'this morning'? Morning does not exist during uni holidays!!
Seriously though, Thanks for asking 
As at midnight it still hurt her to walk down the garden, so no long plod this morning and maybe a gentle treadmill for her later in the new shoes. That way the tready offers some shock absorbtion as well. She won't go without a jog of some sort as she's been on a 'streak' since Jan 1st.

She WILL be fine Tiptoes and she WILL complete her first marathon in 19 days time. Eeeek
Chocolate obviously helps, but so did the tub of Ben n Jerry's phish food we scoffed last night! Wow, that's gooooood stuff!!

Have a happy day sixers.

<< ponders a way to have a supply of B&J ice cream at Mudchute >>

07/04/2009 at 07:54

Phish food is king

07/04/2009 at 10:15

morning all! am clearly not on the group 6 diet as have never even tried phish food.... am a real cookies and cream girl myself....

19 days to go - another physio session and NO shin pain at all - nada, zilch - not even after kingston.... (trying to stay calm but this is a big break thourgh for me....)

07/04/2009 at 10:27
positive thinking Gladrags.
07/04/2009 at 11:02

Morning sixers

Tiptoes you were too early for donuts

Brought you one anyway.Nice friendly neighbour that I am  Enjoy

07/04/2009 at 11:05
Thanks relaxed, better put the one i (borrowed) back.
07/04/2009 at 11:09
Happy and fellow support group, have favour to ask..................Been training a Marathon virgin for the past 24weeks and would if poss (and if sited) like a big cheer for him.He will be wearing Club colours, Green and Blue (not sure of his number, will try and get it)
07/04/2009 at 11:15

No worries Tiptoes, we'll accommodate no problem.  Number and brief desciption will help.  Which club is it?

Gladrags, fabulous news.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.  How was Kingston?

07/04/2009 at 11:20
Happy like me he is a Reading Roadrunner.So Emerald Green Top with Blue Diagonal Stripe. with DEREK on top.As for discription,  black hair, glassess ( have you seen this person ???  )Will see if i can find a pic from reading.I will get number from him tonight .
07/04/2009 at 11:24

derek                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Happy this may help.

thanks

07/04/2009 at 12:15
kingston was... BRILLIANT! i had a vague aim of 11 min miles for 10 miles and then 10 min miles from there but in the end it was more like 10.5 min miles for 8 miles and 9.5 min miles from there! small fish for some but a major achievement for me - as i said, trying not to get over excited before the big day now
07/04/2009 at 13:44

This is a tricky one sixers, but it may be possible....
Last time I did FLM back in '05 I had lurked a fair bit on the RW forum and knew a few names. As I tootled along in a mass of millions [that's what it felt like] I was amazed to actually spot several of them, courtesy of their forum names on their shirts.
Now I know we're all going to be hitting different targets and coming from different starts, but it would be great to actually encounter one or two of you along the way.
So if you spot me, grab me [oo missus!!].
I'll figure out what I'm wearing soon - my first name, JO, will be on my front and I may put 'Limper' on my back plus my avatar if possible. I'll be leaving from Blue and hopefully approx 10 min miling, crowds and shin splints permitting!! The Limpette is a longer haired clone of me in build, looks and invariably kit [as I buy it for her!]. More details when decided.

Well run Gladrags

81 to 100 of 605 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.