T SHIRTS

21 to 40 of 40 messages
20/04/2005 at 15:59
cos if they gave it to you at expo you would have an official finisher t-shirt without having run a step of the course, which kind of belittles the achievement if the ppl that dont finish have a finishers t-shirt
20/04/2005 at 16:30
Even at races where they do, alledgedly, have different sizes, there are always only XL ones left when I finish.
20/04/2005 at 16:38
well you'd better speed up a bit then Wilkie.......

I can't believe peeps want an official finisher T handed to them at the Expo........as BtB says - it kind of belittles the acheievements of running it........
20/04/2005 at 17:35
I'm tiny and my XL tshirt looks like a sack. My bin bag at the start of the race looked better!

At the Great South Run you just went to a table and collected the size you wanted.

I suggest they have mens tshirts and ladies tight fitting type tshirts like the race for life ones. At least then they wouldn't be so huge, most ladies are a lot smaller than men. They could give a mens goodie bag and ladies goody nag to seperate them.
20/04/2005 at 18:02
GSR and FLM are vastly different in size and numbers - what works for one event won't necessarily work for another.......

suggest on - and see how FLM respond......
20/04/2005 at 21:37
Fat Buddha - the Great North Run has 50, 000 runners but you still get a choice of t-shirt sizes, so surely FLM can do the same.

I'm just feeling really inadequate coz the FLM t-shirt is too small for me. I guess it's made for scrum halves, not second row forwards :-}
20/04/2005 at 21:38
I meant :-}
Duck Girl    pirate
20/04/2005 at 21:56
Worst - Leeds 1/2 - a grey knee-length sack.
Edinburgh had a choice of sizes last yr. Ran out of water though.
20/04/2005 at 21:58
octopus, i gotta say i play 2nd row and it fit me mate.

anyhows, why let a t-shirt spoil ur marathon experience?
20/04/2005 at 22:21
No reply from FLM organisers re lack of shirt in bag. If anyone has an XL shirt they really don't think they'll wear could you contact me off list as I'll be more than happy to clear that space in your wardrobe:)
21/04/2005 at 01:49
barnsleyrunner - I had same prob = no t-shirt in goody (baddy?) bag. Managed to get through on phone on Monday and they asked me to ring again Thursday/Friday when they were back in one location and the mail order peeps would know if they had any left over.

Leftover? What about MY t-shirt? It was my tenth London and I'm a bit pi55ed off to not get a t-shirt.
21/04/2005 at 06:49
Like I said Womble, any local 10k could sort this out within 24 hours. So where have the rest of the t-shirts gone? To their staff to flog them on ebay?
21/04/2005 at 12:30
You could have a nice green t-shirt from my 10k, BR. I know it won't help that much with the FLM one....
22/04/2005 at 19:00
Got the huge finishers T-shirt, but missed all the official merchandise at the expo. If anyone wants to sell an unwanted T-shirt, long-sleave or fleece in size medium (the black ones witht he logo) i'd be interested!
22/04/2005 at 19:55
If you're in London you can pop along to the LM shop (forgotten where it is but quite central) or go online, they have a mail order department now.
Aud
22/04/2005 at 20:42
Forget the t=shirt, i'd rather have had an extra bag of sweeties rather than those oatcack things. mine were smashed to bits. also my apple was sour and hadn't even been washed (moan moan)and don't get me started on the pepperami thing. Pure fat or what?
23/04/2005 at 06:41
Excuse my stupidity, but I hadnt realised last Sunday was about getting a snuggly fitted t-shirt. If I had,I would have spent the day at Meadowhall or another shopping centre.
23/04/2005 at 09:04
It's only a cheap & cheerful t - shirt for christ sakes & not some bloody Hugo Boss number.
If anyone is that unhappy with theirs can I make a suggestion Take it down to your local tsuanmi appeal or Charity shop at let some poor bugger in a 3rd world country warm is cold back with it!I am sure he won't complain that it's a XL.
23/04/2005 at 09:35
I take it all back about the organisation. I rang and left a message on an answerphone Weds. T-shirt arrived today.

BRT, I agree about people complaining about shirts. You'd never get a ManU fan doing that would you...?
23/04/2005 at 12:20
Not unless it was a nike shirt barnsley;)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.