Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Colin

Introducing the second member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Colin (aka knight rider) PB Hunter Colin will be mentored by Steve Smythe on t...

1,941 to 1,944 of 1,944 messages
16/05/2012 at 10:00

Simon - only just seen your result. Well done! A fantastic time.You must be very pleased with that, particularly after last year's marathon.

I hope everyone is well. I did my first parkrun a couple of weeks' ago. Poorly paced (first mile far too fast) but really enjoyed it and I'll be back for more.

I also did my first track session with Dulwich Runners last night, which was run by Steve. I absolutely loved it and I'll be making it a weekly fixture over the summer.

16/05/2012 at 13:10

Glad to hear you've made down to the track Rob. Those kind of sessions are great as a group as there are always faster runners there that can act as pace makers, so you always have someone to chase down. Hope it all goes well for you there, Steve is a great coach.

16/05/2012 at 13:21

Cheers KR. Well done on your HM race, by the way. I just saw your post on the 3:15 thread. I don't think my body has fully recovered from the marathon, so I'm very impressed that you did that race. I've been hampered by a sore quad and hamstring since the marathon. I realised that it was worse than I thought going into the marathon. I took a couple of weeks rest and on the mend now, but still taking it easy.

Steve is a brilliant coach. He's a tough task master, but that's exactly what I need. It made me smile thinking what you must've gone through with him on those track sessions on the run up to the marathon. The biggest difference last night was the timed recoveries seemed to be shorter than I'm used to, which is good. And of course keeping up with the other runners around the track...

Keep up the great running.

23/05/2012 at 12:18

Cheers Rob and KR. Writing this in bed after a minor bout of food poisioning... but prob need the rest anyway! Did Borrowdale Trail Run on Sunday... a tough half marathon trail, think I still had the marathon in my legs a bit but did okay, a top 20 finish (okay, 20th, and it was a SMALL field!). I'm looking at sticking some track sessions into my schedule too if I can,Rob. I'm sure it helps in a number of ways, not least the "pure" focus on running - no traffic, hills, anything else to distract. KR, yep, sub 3.15 has to be the next goal. Though I also have the small matter of next year's Marathon des Sables to focus on too! What about you? When you going to smash 3 hours??! Have a race in mind?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,941 to 1,944 of 1,944 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.