Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Colin

Introducing the second member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Colin (aka knight rider) PB Hunter Colin will be mentored by Steve Smythe on t...

1 to 20 of 1,944 messages
15/12/2011 at 10:53

Introducing the second member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Colin (aka knight rider)

PB Hunter Colin will be mentored by Steve Smythe on this thread (starting December 26).

He’ll be posting his training progress and be receiving physio and nutrition advice from the ASICS PRO Team live on this thread so make sure you bookmark this thread to find out how he gets on.

You can read more about Colin's running background and goals by clicking on the article link at the top of the thread.

Good luck Colin!

15/12/2011 at 10:56

Good on you, KR! Good luck chasing that PB.

15/12/2011 at 11:08
Get in!  Well done KR. 
15/12/2011 at 11:15
Justice prevails! As a previous winner of this competition at this ability level I hope you get as much out of this as I did and I look forward to reading all about your training.
Very jealous of you getting Steve as a mentor as well.
All the best
Rich
15/12/2011 at 11:16
Yay! Well done KR. Look forward to following your progress.
15/12/2011 at 11:23
Well done KR.  Didn't get to meet you at Birmingham but nevertheless I wish you lots of luck and success.  Enjoy
15/12/2011 at 11:24

Colin,

Congrats and if endurance and a "never give up" attitude are required for a PB ...you will cruise it !

Look forward to hearing the good news post Paris

Cheers

Graham K

15/12/2011 at 11:26

Chuffed to bits for you KR, hope you enjoy the training and smash the sub 3:15.  As I voted for you and exerted considerable influence all I ask is that you model my latest range of men's toenail varnish & ankle bracelets.

Good to see you have Steve, he is a fine coach and taskmaster - he used to slap my wrist for traing too hard!

seren nos    pirate
15/12/2011 at 11:28
Glad you got in afetr last year.looking forward to following
15/12/2011 at 11:34
Well done KR. Looking forward to following your progress. Hope you get your target time.
15/12/2011 at 11:59
Congratulations knight rider! Look forward to following your progress towards your speedy PB
15/12/2011 at 12:10

Well done KR - always thought you would get through from our group. Hope you enjoy the whole process - will be keeping an eye on your threads.

CONGRATS!!

15/12/2011 at 12:15
Well done KR!!  Looking forward to following this..
15/12/2011 at 12:23

Well done - See you on Saturday!

It will be nice to meet someone I've been chatting to on the forums in real life!

15/12/2011 at 12:27
congrats Colin - enjoy the journey and smash that PB !!
15/12/2011 at 12:36

Just a brief post to start with as busy at work at the moment!

Thanks for all the posts and well wishes so far. There were some very good canidates (Graham, LadeyJadey & Simon - didn't hear much fom Emma) in this particluar category and I'm sure anyone of us would have made a good candidate as the enthusiasm was very evident from all the postings going on.

Over the moon to have got through to this stage and can't wait to get going with the schedule. I've got a lot of respect for Steve and know from last years' competiton he surpased himself in giving advice not only to the candidates, but also to us normal forum folk. Having followed the RW schudule in my first marathon I made some tweaks of my own on subsequent marathons, but to no avail. SoI'm hoping with the guidance of Steve and the Asics team I can get things back on course.

Ultimately, I am going for a sub 3.15 time as I think my other PB's in shorter distances certainly indicate that this is possible. However, it's early days yet and I will go with the advice that I am given and see what kind of pace is suggested nearer the time. I think pacing statergy is a key feature in my race preparation as I think I  may have gone too quick too early in previous marathons.

I like to ask questions and I'm hoping to get to the bottom of the nutrition side of things as well, not only in the taper days before the marathon, but also, in general day to day training.

So hopefully this will be an interesting thread with a bit of serious running talk mixed up with a bit of humour & bantor.

15/12/2011 at 12:38
Well done on winning stage 1 KR. Now you just need to run those 26.2miles quicker than before

Good luck. Will be enjoying following your progress.
15/12/2011 at 12:40

KN do you mean Nicole? I wasn't in your group - would love to have been that good!

Looking forward to Saturday!

15/12/2011 at 12:52
Nice one KR - I look forward to following this thread
15/12/2011 at 12:54

Haha! Yes perhaps he meant me.

Congrats to you Colin, you will absolutely smash your target, especially with Steve behind you! Looking forward to following your training  

1 to 20 of 1,944 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.