Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Introducing First Timer Craig (aka BoDuke)

441 to 460 of 1,420 messages
05/02/2012 at 20:54
Hi Ruth! How's things? He is looking cute isn't he.

Didn't oscarr do really well with the loading. Think there are going to be a few of us going pasta crazy before Fleet and in the Spring. Last night really wasn't good, not been that I'll for a while. Was tempted not to go today, but figured I should really.

As you've given me permission, might have a hit chocolate before bed....
05/02/2012 at 21:08
SB: good point... Funny but need someone to point that out from the outside. Can't believe it's week 7 already and I've only missed one session!
06/02/2012 at 09:35
Craig/SB - I've had it on good authority that I'm an athlete. My doctor told me I had an athlete's foot.
Edited: 06/02/2012 at 09:36
06/02/2012 at 12:02

The old ones are always the best

smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Just to satisfy my curiosity Craig and to save me going back through this whole thread - do you have a summary handy of your weekly mileages to date?  You're doing about 32 this week I think aren't you? 

06/02/2012 at 15:19

Hi Craig

So sorry the race got cancelled - the snow put a huge spanner in the works all weekend (still is down my way) But well done for getting out. I tried this morning but I am hopeless at running on slippery surfaces and really tense up.

So how are conditions now for this week's runs? And have you had a chance to test out your strength training regime yet?!

SB, here are the mileages so far for Craig:

week 1 20

week 2 22

week 3 21

week 4 26

week 5 28

week 6 24

week 7 32

06/02/2012 at 16:50
Thanks Sam
06/02/2012 at 19:14

Ten:
How funny was that? Have to remember that one the next time I get asked how training is going in the office.

Thanks Sam, beat me to it.... Conditions seem to be better now, melting but going to take it easy first thing and keep an eye out for ice.  Hoping that I can get my Garmin to work properly, can't delete the scheduled workouts from the watch, which is really annoying when your trying to do intervals...Can anyone help??? Have issues with Training Center too, but trying to sort that...

Know what you mean about tensing up, like someone has taken all of the 'relax juice' out and replaced with 'be tense oil'.... 

Going to do the exercises tonight while watching the Protecting Our Children programme I think... Couldn't print them off this this morning. The Stork is a new one on me, very Karate Kid. Wax on - Wax off, Ms Murphysan... That referrence only really works if you grew up in the 1980s I know... 

Looking forward to increased miles too now. Got a map of the Paris route on my desk divider, laminated and everything... Just need to get a speeded up video of the route now... Out of 10, with 1 being Fonze like cool and 10 being the geekest thing ever, how does that rate???

Oh curry and rice is done, in a biot folks.....

06/02/2012 at 19:18

Ha ha! You'll like the stork, Craig. And if it's too easy, then you progress to the hop and stick. (which is kind of like a slow motion game of hop skotch. Grasshopper.... she know best

06/02/2012 at 19:58

I remember it well!

06/02/2012 at 20:27
Got an urge to stand on a wave break at a beach on one leg... Nice Kung Fu referrance BTW!

That and do the tango (watching Zorro)...
06/02/2012 at 21:30
Boduke are there any links to your strength regime! I am interested to do some strength work. What else apart from squats, lunges?
06/02/2012 at 21:42

Please make him catch flies with chopsticks Sam - pleeeeeease, pleeeeease! BoD - we'll need video footage! 

Kevster - check out Rosie's thread - Sam posted some stuff there earlier (I have similar intentions ...)

06/02/2012 at 23:34
Thanks sleepy bear
07/02/2012 at 09:55
Rather do the dodging the spikes thing....

Change of plan this morning: up at 5:00, dressed into running gear, looked out window, realised everything frozen and slippy, back into bed with intention to run this evening instead...
07/02/2012 at 10:15
Good move BoD, there's no sense in trying to run on sheets of ice and ending up flat on your back! I did the same (not at 5am though!) and went for a good swim instead. Much as I am wholly underwhelmed by treadmills, this is one of those times when they can be quite handy. Do you have access to one at all?
07/02/2012 at 10:33
I've got to go to a hostel later, so might ask if I can use one at the local pool with a gym... Fingers crossed!
07/02/2012 at 10:48
They will let me on the dreadmill for £8 a session!!! But get to use steamroom and sauna too... Could have a swim too if I can get my meeting done.
07/02/2012 at 12:26
Hi Gang - just a heads up for anyone wanting a PB marathon in the autumn - Abingdon is on 21st October and is as flat as puppy roadkill and voted top uk pb event by RW - entries have just opened and last year it closed by end February so need to hurry if you fancy it (i've entered) - one good thing about this one is that it is always oversubscribed (1100 max) and they work a waiting list so you can enter and if you get injured or change your mind you can transfer your entry to someone else so no risk entering early.
07/02/2012 at 18:41
Thanks for pointing that one out mate. Think Lee was talking about it at the London day, really rated it. I've got my hometown half the week before and intend to give it everything I've got (be the anniversary of my first race)... Not going to be in any fit state for a marathon the following week... Maybe next year though!

By the way, how did Rosie do a marathon on a treadmill??? Just done 6 miles of repeats and wanted to hang up my Asics for good... Not really but bit of a struggle... Could have been also related to the fact that my mathematics was really off (I've got an A level in Phyics for heavens sake)... Though 9.5mph was 7:20 pace...Woops, seems that is 6:19... Found it really hard to judge the effort as the place was really warm and sweaty... That was deffo hard...
07/02/2012 at 18:50

Ha ha! Well done though - got your eight quid's worth!

Oscarr, thanks for the Abingdon alert. I might be up for that. Am holding one of my marathon workshops next Sunday so busy preparing for that this week - and hoping the snow disappears

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.