Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Introducing First Timer Craig (aka BoDuke)

501 to 520 of 1,420 messages
13/02/2012 at 08:26
Ok, after a night on the sofa (so OH could get some kip) feeling a bit better. Just a bit, occasional cramp and dyscomfort but nothing else. Legs ache and very tired. Also very, very dehydrated. Looking quite gaunt, lips cracked and all that. Gonna take a day off work to recover. Was meant to have training for two days, so not a major issue.

Get well soon mcs. Good point, got to be patient. Worse than the actual illness is that sense of being knocked off course...

Ruth: my mission for today is to get rehydrated. Feeling very hungry at the moment. Toast and marmite and see how I go from there. I've got CBeebies theme tunes running round my head and they are most likely to be there for ages... 'Welcome the band, Zingzillas...'

Sam: hope your session went well yesterday. Was it still icy? I've not been out the door since Friday so totally disconnected with the world at the moment. Going to reassess how I feel this afternoon. If I'm able, I'll get out of the house, might help.

SB: thanks mate! I just made the comment to Rachel that 'Charlie and Lola is really nice, you ever properly watched it?' retort was: 'you really are ill aren't you...'

Oscarr: the carb loading sounds good, got it planned in my diary and will do three day menu at the end of the month
13/02/2012 at 08:57

Hi Craig, really glad you're feeling a bit better and good decision to take the day off. You've got 7 weeks training in the bag, remember, and this is the first long run you've missed so don't worry too much. Keep glugging down the fluids and resting and you'll be back on track soon.

A hot bath and a bit of gentle stretching can feel quite nice after you've been cooped up for a couple of days I always find.

13/02/2012 at 09:11
Get well soon mcs! Take it easy Craig! Good to see you're in touch with your inner-beebie
13/02/2012 at 09:45

Hello all

Craig - so sorry to hear you are poorly, take it easy, hope you feel better today.

mcs - see you have manflu - take care too!

I only managed two 4 mile runs last week and no LSR as I have been away for the weekend. I have a bit of a cold but did 6 slow miles this morning and it was okay!

13/02/2012 at 09:54
Bo and mcs - get well soon guys - no apology for repeating the good advice from others, but do get the bug out of your system fully before doing any hard running so it dosen't give you a bigger problem later and the rest will help your muscles recover as well
mcs
13/02/2012 at 12:35

Bo had to watch a few episodes of Tracey Beaker with my youngest she is ten nearly 11 she watches everyone on the iplayer if she misses them. Used to be a great Fireman Sam fan but I see its been updated now........."everybody knows his bright red van........" lost it here streaming with cold in my lovely posh new office. 

Oscarr you are right on the muscle thing my right hammy is enjoying the rest it is always aching.......usually when training is happening. Thinks a day or two off then maybe get the bike out and a swim before I get the trainers on properly again. Feel like a wet lettuce.   Serves me right for boasting about wellman vitamins!!

Have a better week Craig!!

13/02/2012 at 15:09
mcs - know what you mean about boasting about something and it coming back and biting you !! just smile and enjoy the irony.... get well soon.  For your hammy - have you tried a foam roller to stretch it and get rid of any knots in it ?  About £20 in shops and used in all gyms. May be worth a try.
13/02/2012 at 15:19
Bo - just read back this thread and meant to mention that you need to try the carb loading diet a couple of times well before Paris so you can make you own tweaks and get your stomach used to it and know if anything upsets you.  I know it's prob not something you want to think about right now with your tummy upset but keep it for future reference if you want.
13/02/2012 at 22:44

Hope you feel better soon Craig - sounds nasty. 

and I just spent the last hour catching up with the last 2 weeks of chat on here after a 2 week holiday...spent a week skiing which I think has made my legs a bit stronger...though maybe all in my head but 12 miler yesterday felt surprisingly ok.  Sore left ankle today though so I'm currently sat with feet up covered in a bag of frozen peas...hoping it's ok.

Oh and I had a sports massage last week for the first time which was...interesting.  The physio also recommended a roller to stretch muscles so may give it a go - saw someone earlier mention them.

Sam - re yoga - I have a yoga DVD on the way from amazon so will give it a go later this week...haven't done yoga since Uni (which was 12 yrs ago).

Anyway...get well soon Craig, and you too mcs.

14/02/2012 at 13:06

Hope you're on the mend Craig - and you too mcs. I guess at least illness has more of a limited timespan than do injuries...

Good work on the yoga DVD, Louisa - remember to start conservatively though! Nothing too full-on if it's been a while since you did it.

14/02/2012 at 13:16
Been on the sofa a few times too BD when the OH is ill - at least you both have a chance to get some kip. Hope you are on the mend now and the rest does you good.
mcs
14/02/2012 at 13:56

Just back from a five miler, week two of the RUNNERS WORLD ULTIMATE MARATHON SCHEDULE......oops sorry that doesn't need to be in caps eating a butty at the same time as typing.........feeling better thankfully though rather bunged up in the head. Good to be out there with the trainers on couldn't be bothered to get out the bike in this colder weather.

Glad I didn't go to Paris for the rugby!!! Wow some seriously annoyed Brits over there I would imagine!! Dont think England will stand a chance against France and Wales.

Well done on the miles Louisa lucky you a week skiing, keep at it.

Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards!!

14/02/2012 at 13:59
V quickly, back to work (got meeting in 5 minutes...) and doing the sheduled session tonight!!! Yea!!! Better to the point where I can run, still dehydrated a bit though.

Hi again Louisa!

Right, meeting and will post properly tomorrow morning. promised OH I will not play with phone this evening....
14/02/2012 at 14:02
Bo and mcs - great to see you both back running and the weather has turned for the better as well
14/02/2012 at 14:32

Yay - glad everyone is back in action

Louisa you must have been reading my mind - I've been thinking about doing the same - which dvd did you order? 

14/02/2012 at 14:39

Yay that's good news re getting out for run today Craig!

SB - I went for the Yogalosophy one by Mandy Ingber ...yes I was won over by the fact some famous and very svelt women like Jennifer Aniston follow it...but also came with good reviews on Amazon.  We'll see how it goes.  Several of my friends who are into triathlon do yoga and or pilates and swear by it for keeping things more balanced and injury free.

Right - back to work for me also...boooo

14/02/2012 at 18:46

And he's back in the game! Good work Craig! And everyone else, too.

Was SO nice to see some grass today and not boring old slush and snow. I think I can even smell spring!

14/02/2012 at 19:01
After coming in late (because of the train) if I post anything, I will lose parts of my anatomy.... So I'd best not and 'talk' this evening and attempt to be romantic...

Got flowers, chocs and card and everything... Laters folks, enjoy!
14/02/2012 at 19:22
Details please.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14/02/2012 at 19:33
I was supposed to be going out for a meal with the wife tonight, but had to cancel because my son has had a high temperature on-and-off for a few days. Poor little mite is dosed-up more than Craig and Emma combined.

Did my longest midweek run so far (8 miles) this evening, which was just as well because I had a gut-busting Indian takeaway in lieu of the romantic meal Onion bhajis, vindaloo, rice, aloo gobi, saag aloo, keema naan, poppadoms. I'm carbo-loading, you see? It's probably a good job that I have no long runs planned for tomorrow.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.