Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Introducing First Timer Craig (aka BoDuke)

1,281 to 1,300 of 1,420 messages
19/04/2012 at 20:02
MWW hope to see you!
19/04/2012 at 21:18
MWW - good luck Sunday, really hope you realise your dream day - like the Childline vest.
mcs
19/04/2012 at 21:33
Mww all the best for Sunday jealous in a good way of vlmers have a great day out.
19/04/2012 at 22:26

MWW - Go Girl - will be looking out for you on the tele

Glad you're feeling better Bo!

Just back in from training with my new lot - they seem really nice so am a happy bunny.  An hour's run at HMP or thereabouts - so much easier with other people around!

20/04/2012 at 06:11

Thank you all, don't want to highjack BoD's thread

BoD (and everyone else doing Brighton) - hope to meet you for real in Brighton!

Not the best start for me, up since 01.30, my daughter had a really bad night, so may have to delay departure a bit.

20/04/2012 at 09:47
Right, bit of gardening then 6 mile MP run by the river - some of us are still marathon training you know !!
mcs
20/04/2012 at 11:46

Agreed Oscarr 19 for me this weekend, ankle bit sore at the moment, I broke it 2008 and it doesn''t like it damp and cold and too much running this week and next are my danger weeks, 43 miles each eeekkk. Might need to see how I go on Sunday and back off a touch if the ankle says no........

All the best for the Londoners lucky peeeps.

20/04/2012 at 15:54

Excitteeeeedd...and very nervous.  Just got home from the expo and am now registered for Sunday...eek!  Good luck MWW and others doing VLM too on Sunday.  I'll be blue number 1824, with red charity bib over top of my white t-shirt (forgot Princes Trust were sending that) and white running cap.  Right - time to rest .

Hope your rest is going well Craig?  Or did you get out for a run today like I think you mentioned you might?

20/04/2012 at 16:18
You guys are getting me jealous of the fact you still have marathons to do and I'm resting. Didn't get out today for my run, but will tomorrow morning. Can't wait, feeling the need to get back into the swing of things.

Louisa/MWW/reikirabbit: things are going to be great on Sunday. Amazing event that is there to be enjoyed and relished. Will be rooting for you on the comfort of the sofa, child on lap telling him that each and everyone of you is a hero!!!

Sleepy: thinking about a change of club (maybe) I struggle to get to club nights with them. But there is on who have different nights, have access to a track and are also on the cycle from the train station home... Is this wrong???

Oscarr: I know, and I'm jealous ... How did the 6 go???

mcs: take it easy with the ankle! don't want you blowing up mate.
20/04/2012 at 16:57
Thanks BoD - I am now 2nd claim to my original and local club, work shifts, never make club nights as I'm either working or about to be or shattered.

I'm still a loyal member though!
20/04/2012 at 19:27
I've just seen the RW video of Paris. Very inspirational - and great to see everybody's beaming smiles at the end!

Not quite so sure about the gratuitous nipple shot though

Edited: 20/04/2012 at 19:28
mcs
20/04/2012 at 19:40
Where's this video ten?
mcs
20/04/2012 at 19:43
Found it ten sorry, won't play on this have to power up the laptop!
Cycled today left the trainers at home.......didn't get wet today thankfully.
Going to make flapjacks as hungry!
20/04/2012 at 21:20
Just seem the video... Is that me??? Bloody hell...

Not my nipple , so I'm happy!
20/04/2012 at 22:06
For anybody struggling to find it...

I can't post links when I use Chrome, but cut and paste the following..

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/asics-target-262-video-the-race/8203.html

Edited: 20/04/2012 at 22:06
21/04/2012 at 00:36

Ten - you are lucky it was just the nipple shot that got shown. All I can say is that the use of vaseline got a lot lower (but still above the knees if you know what I mean!). I'll let you into a secret - I have got 3 nipples and (to my knowledge) only greased 2 of them -  #rebelwithoutacausebut3nipples

A brillaint video and very well done & professional, felt very emotional watching it back.

21/04/2012 at 07:55
I'm going to watch it a few more times!
21/04/2012 at 08:27
BoDuke wrote (see)
Just seem the video... Is that me??? Bloody hell... Not my nipple , so I'm happy!

knight rider wrote (see)

Ten - you are lucky it was just the nipple shot that got shown. All I can say is that the use of vaseline got a lot lower (but still above the knees if you know what I mean!). I'll let you into a secret - I have got 3 nipples and (to my knowledge) only greased 2 of them -  #rebelwithoutacausebut3nipples

A brillaint video and very well done & professional, felt very emotional watching it back.

I'm glad to say they didn't ask for a shot of my nipples!

Great video - made me want to go back and do it - with less nerves!

CAn't wait to see everyone again.

ALL VLMers you will be awesome - doing an anti rain dance for you all!

21/04/2012 at 09:00
Go VLMers!!!

First run this morning for me: 5k easy with a quick bit in the middle. Needing to turn the legs over. Would like to dedicate that to the God of Slightly Chilly, but Bright With No Chance Of Rain in London Tomorrow Morning And Early Afternoon.

I noticed the camera and put my hand up my top. Wasn't as sensible as Colin though and didn't quite apply enough... Post run shower was ... Ohhhohhohohhhhhh
21/04/2012 at 09:16
Great that you are feeling good after Paris!
I'm doing my first ever marathon this Sunday in London!
Very nervous now!
There is a 101 year old man running it, I might try and cross the finishing line with him,
Would be cool photo (if I can keep up with him!)
Good luck to all on here for London, although you all seem very experienced and knowledgeable so guess you won't need much!
Susie
1,281 to 1,300 of 1,420 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.