Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Introducing First Timer Craig (aka BoDuke)

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,420 messages
30/04/2012 at 14:34

Ten - thanks for a great report and a fantastic run in atrocious conditions - great time considering - in future years folk will talk about the flooded MK race and you'll be able to say "i did that one!" with some pride - enjoy your recovery and again, well done

p.s. i do mine this sunday and will post report on the new thread probably on Monday night when i get back home

30/04/2012 at 14:36

LOL - Ditto to all the above Ten - I kept looking out of the window and thinking of you all - I'm not sure I would have even made the start line in  that weather - you ran a brilliant race - and I think you've realised yourself that you're in PB shape if you can run that time on the most horrendous day of the year!

3 whoops for Ten - whoop whoop...

30/04/2012 at 15:10
Oscarr - thanks mate. I hope you have a great race and I'm looking forward to reading about it as I finish my "walking week". Hope you're enjoying your taper - carbo loading imminent!!!!

SB - thanks to you too! I hear your husband made the GB squad! That's absolutely fantastic news! I've got a way to go yet....

Especially for Oscarr - remember the importance of exercise:

My mum began walking a few miles daily when she was 60. Now she's 79 years old - and I have no idea where she is!

(Sorry Emma)
Edited: 30/04/2012 at 15:10
30/04/2012 at 15:26

Ten - and the importance of family:

I met my wife on a trip to Australia and i said "what the hell are you doing here??"

30/04/2012 at 15:41

Oh well I guess the cat is out of the bag!! LOL 

"Just" the England team Ten - not the GB one! His debut is this weekend in Denmark - a half marathon with an unpronounceable name!

Keep your fingers and toes and everything else crossed he has a good run! And then recross everything on Sunday for oscarr!

ps Boys - you could go to comedy jail on the strength of those ...

30/04/2012 at 15:59
I'll cross any parts I can still move! Hope he has a great race and that England win (of course).
30/04/2012 at 18:33
Sleepy - it wasn't me !!
30/04/2012 at 18:38
Was it a secret? Oops sorry!

30/04/2012 at 19:59
Great report Ten! Good to see you yesterday. The weather was mental! Maximum respect to you for getting through that! OH days Hi BTW.

Folks, it was shocking, but great to meet Trn yesterday.
30/04/2012 at 20:06
Hi Craig and Hi to your OH too! Really pleased to meet you. Glad it stopped raining.

The countdown to Brighton has begun
01/05/2012 at 09:52

LOL - don't worry - I just didn't want to 'brag' or jinx him but I am very, very, very proud as you can imagine. He totally deserves it and I know he'll do his very best

01/05/2012 at 10:05

We are all proud of him so please pass on our best wishes for the weekend - an England vest eh....wow that sounds good !!

(why not race report on the new thread after (or before if you wish) the weekend so more people find out??) 

01/05/2012 at 10:12

I'll pop something on the new thread afterwards - don't want to add any pressure on him just now.  But thank you for your best wishes - he'll really appreciate it - he always asks what you're all up to - I have to give him a daily update when he gets home

01/05/2012 at 10:45
Today I shall be mostly putting my feet up

Nearly there Oscarr!
01/05/2012 at 14:41
I did six miles of 6x800s this morning. Nice to get the legs and arms moving... Out of breath at the end though....

01/05/2012 at 16:43
Good to see you running again. Be careful with the hard runs though, you are still recovering.

I'm surprised how well my legs are holding up. I'm resisting the temptation to do anything until tomorrow, when I plan to start some walking.

The MK marathon organisers have stated that the re-routing to avoid excessive flooding added about 250 metres to the course. Given that I was only 31 seconds down on my previous marathon, I actually did run a PB (because I certainly can't run 250m in 31 seconds)!

01/05/2012 at 17:02
Yea to the PB!!!
01/05/2012 at 17:06

Ten - yep, nearly there - just about to go out for a leg stretcher (8x200s) as my first run this week, 4 mile MP run tomorrow then 2 miles on Friday - already got the carb loading cupboard filled - watching the weather forecasts each day now and long range looks OK

bummer about the +250m on your race which would add well over a minute to the time - are they adjusting official times or just stating the increased distance?

01/05/2012 at 17:25
They have unofficially stated the estimated extra distance, so the official times stand. At least it explains why I crossed the official 8 mile marker almost three minutes after my Garmin registered it. Also, if it had been short I'm sure the outcome would be less desirable! I've also discovered that the 4:30 pacer finished the race in a little over 4:17 - so I'm glad I didn't continue to follow him!

Given the problems at Stratford and Manchester, the little extra distance was a small price to pay for the event going ahead. I'm happy that I would have beaten my target had the conditions been kinder, and I'll train for a tougher target for next year.

I won't look at the weather forecast for your race. Every time I checked the MK forecast, it got progressively worse! Enjoy the carbo- loading.
01/05/2012 at 20:22

Ten - in summary then you had a race which has given you a great load of confidence going into the next campaign which has got to be a great outcome, well done.

I heard about Stratford cancelling the full but what happened at Manchester? (For those interested Simon Pryde did it in 3:23)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,401 to 1,420 of 1,420 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.