Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Craig

Introducing First Timer Craig (aka BoDuke)

1 to 20 of 1,420 messages
16/12/2011 at 16:01

It has come to our attention that First Timer Jenn has already done a marathon - information that the RW and ASICS team were not aware of throughout the selection process. Jenn will therefore no longer be part of the Target 26.2 team. She will be replaced by Craig (BoDuke) – welcome Craig!

16/12/2011 at 16:07
Well done Craig!
16/12/2011 at 16:11
Welcome Craig, hope it all goes well for you. See you tomorrow!
16/12/2011 at 16:38

See you tomorrow

16/12/2011 at 17:21
Congrate Craig, you must be over the moon.  You were the first person I met at boot camp and I remembered your story so voted for you - pleased you got through and will follow your progress - good luck and enjoy the whole journey. 
16/12/2011 at 17:47
Craig, see you tomorrow, should be a fun day barring snow based calamity
Edited: 16/12/2011 at 17:58
16/12/2011 at 17:51
Congratulations Craig! Bet you'll do really well!
16/12/2011 at 18:08
Hi guys and thanks v much for everything and the welcome.

Hope to get on here and give you all proper intros and everything when I can get access to a computer and it sunk in a bit... Been in shock...

Glad to be sharing the journey with you all.
DT2
16/12/2011 at 19:52

Good luck to all of you Asics Guys, esp Craig, a sure sign that Honesty is most def the best Policy!

I remember my 1st Marathon which was also in Paris.....Amazing! you guys are in for a serious treat, enjoy!

17/12/2011 at 07:46

Well done Craig, good to see that someone from our boot camp group got through. Looking forward to following your progress, does this mean that the MK marathon will not be graced with your presence? 

17/12/2011 at 10:17

yeeeedle deee - go Craigy boy!  Will enjoy following your progress.  It was a joy to spend time with you at the Boot Camp and I'm sure you'll be fab!

Happy Shopping

Edited: 17/12/2011 at 10:55
mcs
17/12/2011 at 14:27
Congrats Craig good to see group three has a presence.......all the best.
18/12/2011 at 19:01
Hi Folks,

Again, thanks for the welcome and your congratulations. Really appreciate it.

Been down in London with the other guys yesterday and this resulted in having to put off the planned christmas shopping till today. So sorry about the delay in replying.

Going to copy off the other guys with the intro thing, hope that's OK???

Resident: Peterborough
Children: 1 boy currently 17 months
Pets: Three cats
Driving Licence: Clean
Music: Generally indie rock, alternative type stuff: Smiths, The Cure, Stone Roses... but generally eclectic.
Food: Roast Beef
Film: Too many to list, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is up there.
Marathons: None
Half: 2:02:38 (chip) in October 2011 Quant: 1
10k: None
5k: 24:41 December 2011 (at Bootcamp and only time I've tried this distance.
Edited: 18/12/2011 at 19:02
18/12/2011 at 19:35
Ok so why am I doing this? Clearly I'm a really new runner and only ever done one distance once...

In March I was coming in at 16 stone 6 pounds:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd440/BoDuke666/DSCF0015.jpg

Now that's not a good photo and I'd put on some more since then... Decided to lose it and started calorie counting using myfitnesspal. That worked on it's own until I'd got rid of two stone, but wouldn't come off. Lost over 5 stone since March now and bang on a healthy weight.

Then decided to bite the bullet and go for a jog... This was in May 2011... Couch to 5k on phone and few weeks later I'm off and totally addicted. Was challenged to run a half next year, but did it this one and decided to sign up for a marathon on the way round and did it a few days after finishing.

May sound strange, but the challenge for me is the distance, I love my long runs over all of the others in the week. The marathon distance both mystifies and terrifies me at the same time. I WILL go from heavy dude to marathon runner in a year.

TOR, RunnyRunRun, Sleepy and mcs: You guys on bootcamp were and are all great. Thank you all for a wonderful day. Will be seeing you at Reading still, even if I don't run the race (not sure how it will fit now).

Oscarr: Remember meeting you too and thinking that I wanted to be able to run like you.. thanks for the vote and hope I don't disappoint

Rosie, Colin, Lee, Emma: Really good meeting you again yesterday. Hope you enjoyed the day. I was loved the photo shoot most, it wasn't cold at all. Think we are going to have a great time together over the next few months.

DT2: Fella, thanks. Totally come round to your way of thinking on this. And Public Enemy, but MC Hammer still sucks
mcs
18/12/2011 at 19:48
How was Saturday what did you do? Did you get a schedule? Gear? .? Tell us more.....
18/12/2011 at 21:03
mcs: yea it was good. We met up at the Asics store in London in the morning and got a gait analysis and foot scan. In my case it confirmed I have a massive issue with over-pronating. Got a pair of shoes picked out and got to chose a load of gear. Really good mate the RW and Asics folks were top notch and really supportive.

They then took out onto Oxford Street for a photoshoot. Thinking that the picks will look really good...

Then onto the BUPA fitness centre. This was so good. Total physical assessment done, with vo2 max assessment, strength test and all that gig. Seems that my lungs haven't been shot by smoking (quit three weeks ago)... Getting a written report and will let you know the outcomes but seems I'm reasonably fit.

Also met Sam and looked at my target. Going to be somewhere around 4:30 or there abouts. Discussed my lifestyle and commitments and talked about a plan. She's going to get back to me this week with a fixed plan. Really excited because I've been making it up on my own till now and luck not to have picked up an injury...
18/12/2011 at 22:12
Good to meet you properly yesterday Craig. Amazing story about the weight loss and the motivation for running. I think you'll do well at his marathon lark! Have you tested out your new kit yet?
18/12/2011 at 22:59
You too Colin. Been a case of 'getting to know you' for everyone I think. Really pleased with the team, all got our own goals and motivation for doing this. Want to be where you guys are and run through the 26.2...

Was itching to run last night and today, but needed to help look after Thom... Got a club night tomorrow, so gear getting field tested.

What about you?
19/12/2011 at 06:45
Double post... Sorry. Getting used to using with phone.
Edited: 19/12/2011 at 06:47
seren nos    pirate
19/12/2011 at 09:33
photolink not working BD....
what shoes did you get in the end from them.....and out of interest what shoes have you been running in..........
good luck
1 to 20 of 1,420 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.