Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Emma

Introducing the fifth and final member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Emma (aka EmmaC) Emma will be mentored by Sam Murphy on this thread ...

21 to 40 of 1,458 messages
15/12/2011 at 14:26
Yay, well done Emma! Don't forget to pop back and talk to us too if you get a moment
15/12/2011 at 14:38
Well done Emma! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday
15/12/2011 at 16:31
Well done Emma
15/12/2011 at 21:33

Yay!!! Well done Emma. Enjoy every moment of it all... and don't forget to wrap up warm!

Abi 

15/12/2011 at 22:08

I'm copying Knight Rider here...

Resident: Sussex
Children: 2 boys (7 & 4) - Same as Knight rider!
Pets: None
Driving Licence: Clean
Music: Beatles, Police, Jam, Motown - pretty eclectic!

Food: Risotto or Thai
Film: Ryans Daughter, Lord of the Rings and so many others that could go in there
Marathons: 4:47 (2011) Qty = 2
Half: 2:01.01 (Feb 2011) Qty 4
10k: 51.33(2011)

So is 4:30 a sensible target?

15/12/2011 at 22:08
Thanks Abi - snow boots will be out I think!
16/12/2011 at 00:08
Well done Emma - good luck with the target!
mcs
16/12/2011 at 10:11
You can go sub 4.30 just do the quicker shorter stuff and a half in 1.55 or less and you will have a good chance but hey just enjoy the ride, the freebies, the supermum status etc...........
16/12/2011 at 10:49

Hi Emma

Looking forward to meeting you properly tomorrow and chatting about your goal and programme.

Your current PBs certainly put you within the realms of a sub 4.30 finish. In fact, I'd go so far as to say sub 4.15.

It depends a little on whether squeezing in an additonal session (to your current 3 days per week) is feasible. I'll be interested to know what your training frequency was in your last two marathon build-ups. Not to say it can't be done on 3 days a week, but an extra day gives a little more to play with!

So see you tomorrow! Cheers, Sam

16/12/2011 at 12:38

Hi Sam

Thank you - really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow and I have an idea about how I might be able to sneak in an extra run around my hubby's football!

4:15 sounds like a crazy time but am happy to target what you think is sensible! I'll bring my training log from last year with me.

See you bright and early tomorrow.

Emma

mcs
17/12/2011 at 18:07
So how was that Super Saturday then? Just back from day eight in my running streak three and a half muddy cross country. Hope u had a good day.
17/12/2011 at 21:30

Today was the most surreal, amazing and actually overwhelming day!

So much to tell about the day - I am so, so lucky and feel very priviledged to have met and to be working with such lovely people.

Full report to follow - along with a review of my new asics support tights - they should help stop me wobbling and recover quicker ... ooo er!

Going to try a more comprehensive report about the day - once I have come down to earth!

17/12/2011 at 21:58

Hey Emma

Great to meet you today. Hope you're home alright. I'm still on the train just past Berwick adjacent to a guy who, having been drinking special brew steadily since Kings Cross, is now supine on the floor in the aisle eyes-to-ceiling slurring "it's just as well I'm not pissed". His slightly more sober mate is trying to engage a large upright suitcase in the luggage rack in conversation. Did I tell you about mince pie man on the way down? I don't have much luck with trains! What an incredible day though, am still a bit stunned by it all..

Good luck for fitting in that extra run!

17/12/2011 at 22:35

My oh My sounds like the Journey from hell!

I'm hoping that he doesn't relieve himself of all that special brew... get ready to put him in the recovery position!

Can't wait to wear my new tights tomorrow - I may or may not have a running partner for the morning as she is out on the sauce tonight! I might have to try a country run on my own - with out my dog protection!

17/12/2011 at 22:54
I lied in one of my earlier posts - I'm 39 not 38 - managed to forget my birthday in September!
18/12/2011 at 13:11

Congratulations Emma   Did you get a running partner this morning or not?

I have to agree about the asics tights - I have a black pair that make my legs look fab!

18/12/2011 at 20:29

I did manage to get a running partner and we went out for a rather frosty, but lovely country run this morning - Thank you for asking Ultra Sparkly Bridget!

I wore my new tights (Asics of course - but more importantly Performance leg balance tights) that are meant to reduce your muscles wobbling.Given that I have a fair amount of leg and bottom to wobble I was a little dubious about the claim.

However I LOVE THEM! Trying to get them over my hips also provides some resitance work. They feel great and I know its very girly but they are smoothing and slimming. Usually to get tights that actually fit over my bum and thighs they are massive on the waist so they slip down when I run and I get webbed leg effect - not comfortable or attractive! These stayed up really well and even held my post- baby tummy in place! Sorry this sounds like an advert for asics, but I have purchased so many pairs of tights that were fine in the shop and useless when I went out running. I would also add that I think asics come up small (can't possibly be beacuse I've been eating too many pies!).

The other bounus is that I really don't feel as achey in my legs as I usually would! Yay!

We ran a bit over 11 miles (forgot to restart watch after a tricky road crossing) and I was chuffed that I managed to do the last 3/4 mile at somewhere between 1/2 and 10k pace. Some of this was due to being downhill but mainly because another lady for my running club glided past me effortlessly running much quicker than my 10k pace having only had her baby a few months ago!

I also ran past 4 dogs not on leads without freaking out - that said I wasn't on my own and am happy to use Colleen as a human shield if needed!

How is everyone else doing?

Edited: 18/12/2011 at 20:30
19/12/2011 at 09:15

You've got to be kidding me - you're tiny!  Never mind wobbly!  Isn't it funny how we're all so self-critical! I would never guess you were still carrying any baby-weight because you certainly don't look it! 

I love ASICS tights too - I don't know how they do it - but I find the waists perfect even though mine don't have a drawcord! 

Hope you're feeling super slinky today - just think of the thighs of steel you'll have by April.  Glad you had a fab day.  Hope the fitness test wasn't too torturous.  Tell us more - looking forward to the full report...

seren nos    pirate
19/12/2011 at 09:47
Hi emma
what advice did they give you re running shoes......what new shiny ones have you got and what were you running in.
i loive running shoes......way too many in my house......

I like the sound of those tights.........i don't run in tights at all but they sound good to go under trousers when out and about for christmas dos
mcs
19/12/2011 at 10:23
What other stuff did you get??? Shoes??? Need more details Em?? Good running yesterday well done.
21 to 40 of 1,458 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.