Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Rosie

Introducing the third member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Rosie (aka RosieA) Rosie will be mentored by Sam Murphy on this thread (starti...

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,541 messages
mcs
17/04/2012 at 13:53

Just went back and read your split times from your garmin, they are awesome how the heck did you get so close every time, brilliant. I have six weeks left to achieve that. I did manage 8 at 8.15 last week which was good for me so getting there but do find it hard to stick to a pace.

Just taken a newbie out for her first run at lunchtime, not run since school days, she managed a 1.1 mile in 11mins with a couple of walk breaks she is dancing now!!! From little acorns athletes grow!!!

Have another great run at VLM how did you get in? Time good for age? Charity?

Will check out the restaurant links. Probably have a meal out on the Sunday we are in Edi.

Enjoy the skipping feeliing Rosie!!!

17/04/2012 at 13:53

Rosie, not running with the pole, just want to see if I can get some free coverage on the BBC !   It should mean you will spot me though!

FH

17/04/2012 at 14:27
Thanks Rosie. Thats brilliant
17/04/2012 at 15:12
Mcs if it's a post marathon meal and you have family with you check out the City Cafe (Blair St) website too as they are v friendly. Also do great cocktails of an evening..

VLM is good for age but I run for Samaritans, just on a good for age place.
17/04/2012 at 15:33
Peeps, I'd just like to say that Rosie is amazing and it was an absolute joy to see her hit target at the weekend. Her boundless energy and commitment has been great for me and the others.

Well done mate, it's a joy.
17/04/2012 at 17:38

Rosie - those splits!! Well done. Still smiling for you all!

Hope to see you at the Edinburgh marathon.

Kaz and WW and all those other PB's... well done.

Best of luck for london this weekend Rosie and to everyone else.

17/04/2012 at 18:47

Thanks Ruth. Are you running Edinburgh? Hopefully see you there..

17/04/2012 at 19:06
Rosie does that mean you are on green at VLM?
17/04/2012 at 19:09
Faster GFA is at the fro t if red though I think
17/04/2012 at 19:13
Yes on green with the time I entered with I think. Are you doing it Reikirabbit?

18/04/2012 at 08:17
Yes I'll be at Green!! Bargain GFA by 15 seconds to defend!!

Looks like it will be cool with showers, otherwise I'd say I'll be the one lying on the grass with the foam roller.
18/04/2012 at 09:22

Rosie, congrats on an excellent campaign. I'm impressed that all of you rose to the occasion and did great.

Luke Ellis 2, a few more restaurant ideas:

A Room in the Town, 18 Howe Street. Unpretentious, really good food, friendly staff. Not cheap cheap, but not expensive either. BYO.

Chop Chop, 248 Morrison Street. Yummy traditional Chinese, including their flagship dumplings. Sadly, not as good as it was even a year ago, but decent value for money.

McKirdy's Steakhouse, 151 Morrison Street. Steak. Good steak. -1 for underwhelming decor, but did I mention steak?

The Stockbridge Restaurant, 54 St Stephen Street. Getting posh (read: pricey) and maybe not the best on a value for money basis, but tasty nonetheless. Our first anniversary dinner was here.

Last but not least, if you want to take out a second mortgage or have won the lottery lately, The Kitchin, 78 Commercial Quay. One of Edi's Michelin starred restaurants. Good is an understatement; expensive isn't.

18/04/2012 at 10:27

What to wear question......

I have only run marathons on hot days and not sure what is best to wear at London on Sunday as the weather is looking like heavy rain showers.  Was planning on a vest only but not sure if I should go for a layer under the vest ?  I will have extra layers on before the start, its the racing wear I need help with.

Your opinions would be great.

Thanks FH

18/04/2012 at 12:35

FH on Sunday I ran in a vest in Rotterdam. It was pretty cold at the start so I had an old t-shirt and hoodie over the vest and some old fingerless gloves. I kept the gloves on for about two miles before throwing them away. 

Even with a fairly strong head wind at times I didn't feel too cold during the run but when I finished I was freezing and quickly had to throw on four layers and plastic poncho!

Personally I would say just go for the vest, I always find it better than being too warm

18/04/2012 at 13:36

Cheers Tim, I think your right, will be leaving a bag to collect at finish so will have warm clothes to wear once I have finished.  Always good to hear what others on here did.]

FH

18/04/2012 at 14:03
FH

I like to have something warm to wear before and after but not during !

I do wear a compression top under my club vest but that's a quirk of mine to do with negstive top of arms awareness.
18/04/2012 at 15:22

Reikirabbit - yey for green start! I might see you then. I'll be in a Samaritans vest (blue and green with my name on the front), with black compression top underneath and black capris. Please say Hi if you see me!

FH, I wear a compression top (long sleeves) under a vest in races usually, and knee length capris, but the top is because of scarring, which also means I don't sweat much, so I'm a bit weird in that way. I also tend to feel the cold in longer races if it's windy or wet so the sleeves thing works for me, but I don't think I'd try it if you haven't practised it. I'm a bit obessive and practice in complete race kit at least once before the day to check for comfort/chafing etc.

Before the start of races I'm often cold and if it's wet that's worse, so disposable poncho (they usually have lucozade ones at the expo on the lucozade stand) or bin bag if it's wet, plus layers. I get super cold after races (on Sunday I put on 6 layers at the finish and was still shivering a bit!!) so my race bag is lots of tops/coats!.

18/04/2012 at 16:52

Thanks Reikirabbit and Rosie, Will grab a poncho at Expo and just go with the vest. 

FH

18/04/2012 at 18:14
I just panicked and bought a couple on eBay whereas my bother could pick me one up and indeed I probably have a drawer full of ponchos and such in my running desk!

Hope to see you Rosie - will be wearing black compression top and capris with a white vest on top that has diagonal yellow and navy stripes. A white Chi Running baseball cap if it's wet or hot.

I'm Pen 5 on Green, but they are small pens - my 3:30 mate was in 3 last year. I get Will Young.
18/04/2012 at 18:36

Good luck all you VLMers!  I will be watching.

Just been looking at detailed results from Brighton and see that I managed a negative split - 1:46 first half and 1:45 second half! Well pleased, never done before..had to tell someone!

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,541 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.