Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Rosie

Introducing the third member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Rosie (aka RosieA) Rosie will be mentored by Sam Murphy on this thread (starti...

1,461 to 1,480 of 1,541 messages
22/04/2012 at 18:22
Well done FH!
22/04/2012 at 18:46

FH - that's a PB by 21 mins - brilliant

Sleepy - reckon that's a little acorn planted there - just mention he gets straight in with no ballot etc

22/04/2012 at 19:07
FH, congratulations!!!! Fantastic! Well done on new PB! Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the splits.

How did everyone else get on? Was great to see Minni at the start *waves*.

I took it easy, stopped three times to hug supporters (they were my supporters or at least people I knew not random) and pootled round not really looking at garmin just enjoying the atmosphere.

Was a bit shocked to finish with 3:35 within a minute of what was my PB until Paris as thought I was taking it easy. Has really brought home what a difference this project has made. Really looking forward to Edinburgh and another bash at PB now..
Edited: 22/04/2012 at 19:08
mcs
22/04/2012 at 19:16
Congrats nick and Rosie looked great conditions if not touch sunny. Well done guys......getting abit nervous here with still five weeks to go.
22/04/2012 at 19:56
Yes, it was great weather wise for me. Though I was watching some of the slower finishers (6 or 7 hours) coming along embankment in the rain and really did feel for them. They get my total respect for being on their feet that long. Some of them looked freezing too.
22/04/2012 at 20:07

FH - that;s a HUGE chunk to take off in one go - well done mate

Rosie - that's ridiculously impressive to do two races within a minute of each other in a week. Frightening ! Will look out for you in 5 weeks

22/04/2012 at 20:09

Whoop whoop FH - stunning time! Very jealous

Rosie- glad you had a great time - wonder if you'd have gone sub 30 again if you'd negative splitted - bet you would have too (yip I confess, I was spying on you via tracking) - don't blame you though for just chilling and doing it Rosie-style!  Can I have your legs please?

Do you reckon you'll adopt Sam's pace formula regularly or just when you're on a PB mission from now on?

22/04/2012 at 20:16
Yes, definitely going to follow Sam's pace formula again. Had decided to have a bit of a day off watching pace today, almost didn't take garmin at all but couldn't find my other watch! It was a lot slower start than I used to do though even today, and felt fine at halfway and when I saw the clock time at 20k did wonder momentarily about pushing for another sub 3:30 but wanted to recover from Paris a bit more and go for it in Edinburgh instead so consciously didn't, but then promptly forgot about pace again and just relaxed and backed off. Did feel ok to have pushed at halfway but trying to wait..

Did you see Pete from last year got 2:44 and Steve marathon coach another sub 3? Amazing!!!
22/04/2012 at 20:24

I was willing you on I admit when your estimated time kept popping up as you went through each 5k shown online   hee hee.  I had a day dreamy type run too - ended up doing just over 16 when I'd intended to do 14 - was just enjoying it too much LOL.  I'd love to be able to do a 3:35 on a 'day off' you star! 

Glad you're taking time to recover - goodness only knows what you'll run next - have you dared to dream up your next target yet? 

22/04/2012 at 20:57

Rosie - awesome time for such a relaxed approach - reckon you'll go under 3:30 again in 2 weeks time at Mar of North then who knows what at Edi !!!!

Ben - you know you want to do it............could be your marathon debut.........dreaming of striding up the Embankment into loved ones arms................................

22/04/2012 at 21:03
Rosie is a running machine!

Ben, think, you can eat twice as much pizza. Get egged on by the biggest sports crowd in Britian, charging down the Mall... You'd love it!
22/04/2012 at 21:12
Thanks Oscarr, SB and Craig, next target is under 3:28. Dream under 3:25. Am going to keep up with Sam's approach though and all Ruth's advice - am converted..
22/04/2012 at 21:17
Great time Rosie and you ran a marathon in Paris 7 days ago! - not sure how you did it. I hope you get a bit of rest and forge on for a sub 3.28 time in Edinburgh!
22/04/2012 at 21:31
Thanks Colin

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else got on..
22/04/2012 at 22:26
I've got to go back to work now cry for me...
22/04/2012 at 22:34
Great stuff FH and Rosie, fantastic times both of you and glad weather held for you. Loved watching on tv, especially the elite athletes loping along sub 5 min miles...wow!

How was the atmosphere on the course? Last did London in 2002 but watching brings it all flooding back....
23/04/2012 at 07:52
Well done both, I spectated yesterday and watching the fast guys and girls hammer past was incredible. I ran London last year and didn't enjoy it as I find it too busy, but supporting with the Runners World crowd at mile 17 was excellent.
23/04/2012 at 08:28

Atmosphere was amazing WW, it felt to me that the spectator turnout was even bigger and louder than the last few years, but I think that might be because the last two years I was really pushing wheras yesterday was just trying to enjoy it so noticed them more. Thanks for supporting KateF. Spectators are definitely a big part of what makes London so amazing to run. The course wasreally busy again though. I didn't really get any space the whole way through, even mile 26 I was stuck behind people and had to weave to get past.

How are you feeling today FH? Hope you got chance to celebrate yesterday!

mcs
23/04/2012 at 12:22

Bows down in Respect to Rosie and FH, well done guys, can I borrow your legs this week please. Managed to do 43 miles last week highest mileage yet this year and the same to do this week, the old body feeling knackered, slept for 10 hours Saturday night after the long run.

Love to do London again but getting in is a killer. Do you get in on time Rosie?  Roll on Edingburgh. Still raining here, had enough now!!!

23/04/2012 at 12:52

mcs, the whole knackered thing for me was fixed by getting the recovery right after long runs... bottle of chocolate milk within 2-5 minutes works wonders (yazoo is fine, available corner shops and in offers regularly), loads of water to drink possibly with a zero tablet for salt.

Then whatever food works for you...., for me, porridge with fruit and then poached egg on toast. and more water.

Late comer to the thread, what is the Sam approach/ tactic  for running a marathon ? negative split?

Noticed of 12-13 people I followed online, only 2 managed a negative split... that includes even a sub 2:50 runner from club who did +7 minutes on 2nd half. Very suprised.

Got the South Cheshire 20 miler on Sunday as last big long run before Edinburgh.

Edited: 23/04/2012 at 12:53
1,461 to 1,480 of 1,541 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.