Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Rosie

Introducing the third member of our ASICS Target 26.2 team - Rosie (aka RosieA) Rosie will be mentored by Sam Murphy on this thread (starti...

1,521 to 1,540 of 1,541 messages
26/04/2012 at 07:49
RR I am doing a Salisbury race, deciding on the 50K or marathon at the moment, is it the 54321 you did? You must live in a lovely area for them to gravel share!
26/04/2012 at 07:51
Salisbury was fab!
26/04/2012 at 07:51
Ha my last didn't come out - gravel sharing is mainly in Fulham near work t be honest!
26/04/2012 at 09:26

Knocking on doors when you see a nice bit of gravel - love it!

27/04/2012 at 13:09

I read about the 'gravel trick' in Danny Dreyer's Chi Running book, I think. I tried it for up to 20 minutes a day when I had plantar fascitiis, but it didn't work for me at all. Mind you, walking on gravel does at least distract you from the pain for the duration

Any marathons planned this weekend Rosie?! Or will it be a rare weekend off?

27/04/2012 at 13:35

Hello folks.

After some discussion, started a new, single thread regarding Paris and all that.  Made an excecutive decsision.  Called Paris: so long and thanks for the cobbles...

28/04/2012 at 21:36
Hello again, have been on holiday in egypt and finally caught up!
Well done on all the PBs in the last few weeks especially Rosie and her fabulous pacing, think there is more to come off that at Edinburgh

After 2 weeks of no marathons I did a 6 hour track race, round and round and round! Was really pleased to do just over 41 miles and get first lady. My absolute dream goal was 40 miles but didn't expect it as that is 9mm all the way. Managed to run the whole lot apart from a couple of mins sit down on the toilet and a bit of time here and there stopping to grab food
29/04/2012 at 09:13

Hi all

If anyone's struggling to find the new thread - try here:

new thread

Hope to see you there

29/04/2012 at 13:36
Hellen you are an animal, is one leg 3 inches shorter than the other one now?
29/04/2012 at 21:06
no kate, we changed direction after 3 hours!!
30/04/2012 at 10:36

Sorry I've been missing from here, the family illness situation I was struggling with the run up to Paris became a bereavement this weekend so have been otherwise engaged.

Fraser Wells wrote (see)

Rosie - I hadn't realised you were doing another one between VLM and Edin. Absolutely definitely mental. That confirms it !

I could write a small book about the Edin course having trained on it loads of times. The summary is it's a cracking course if the wind and heat stay away. It's entirely uninspiring in terms of scenery and only really does any justice to it's "Edinburgh" title for the first mile and a half. After that it's dull housing estates, a bit of beach promenade and a long out and back through some slightly tired seaside towns. The finish area last year was an unmitigated disaster but there was such a backlash I think they;ve sorted that. It's flat and holds few serious surprises so is a definite PB venue if that's what you're after. Hope that hasn't put anyone off ! Message me if anyone wants any more details

I'm not even going to try to deny the mentalism.  I do however have a problem after Edinburgh. - In the next few weeks I have Marathon of the North (attendance now slightly uncertain due to funeral arrangements), then two 10K's, then Edinburgh marathon, but after that nothing till the Glasgow half in September.

3months with no races will not be pretty. I'm considering the Haddington half in August, but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions? Within a few hours travel of Edinburgh preferred. I'm thinking of trying to improve my 10K time and also finally getting myself sorted with Parkruns (SB is now 5 ahead of me in our race to 50!!), but other suggestions appreciated too..

Edited: 30/04/2012 at 10:37
30/04/2012 at 10:55

I'm considering this: http://www.strathearnharriers.org.uk/strathearnmarathon/smhome.htm

is anyone else here doing it?

30/04/2012 at 11:20

Hey Rosie

Really sorry to hear your news but glad that you are focusing on the future.  I will put my thinking cap on for you ... (((HUGS)))

30/04/2012 at 13:08
Thanks SleepyBear
30/04/2012 at 17:24

Hi Rosie,

I was thinking about the Perthshire marathon Comrie is  where my BF's parents stay but there is a local half here about the same time. It should be a lovely course thou. I have ran a lot of it during stays there.........its amazing what you will do for sanity and to get away from 4 children and in-laws!!!!

05/05/2012 at 19:19

Hi all 

I just had a 9 day stint at work, didn't have a chance to keep up.

Sorry about the bereavement Rosie.

Where I am in East London, a lot ofraces have been postponed til September. We're supposed to watch!

Hellen what a run for 6 hours - fantastic endurance.   

mcs
05/05/2012 at 19:56
Sorry for bereavement Rosie. Hope all are coping. All over on new thread if you find time to pop in. Aurevoir Paris........
16/09/2012 at 20:51

Just checking in to say I caught up with Rosie today at the GNR - found myself beside her in the changing tent!  She's still doing marathons and wants one more bash at a  good marathon before moving on to ultra.  She's looking very fit! 

16/09/2012 at 20:58

was great to see you today Minni, well done on a fab time!! 

16/09/2012 at 23:15

I'm sure you'll do great in Ultra's and great news about your Spring target.  Hopefully see you at either the TM or London. 

Good luck with everything!

1,521 to 1,540 of 1,541 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.