Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Christina (sub-3:00)

Follow the progress of just back from a run, our sub-3:00 hopeful, as she receives expert advice from mentor Paul Evans

161 to 180 of 2,037 messages
30/12/2009 at 19:49

last time i spoke to you was - ??

the day we were spectating Ashby- you was on your bike

my migraine was to bad for 20 -HM might of been tolerable

The one and ONLY Evil Pixie ahh !! 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
30/12/2009 at 19:52

That is indeed me Mick! I only live about 1m off the course so it's a crime if I don't support

and yes I am unique there could be no other Evil Pixie!

30/12/2009 at 19:56

You make me laugh

Have the time of your life with that SUPER SIX  ahh

31/12/2009 at 06:27

We'll make sure she does, Mick

Shadow Face wrote (see)
You're probably right Mick, I was expecting a backlash off at least one but they haven't finished washing up yet.

Token backlash

31/12/2009 at 07:25

I'd  'finished' the washing up too. I'd left it to 'soak', covered it up with a tea towel and walked away.

Just like a man.

31/12/2009 at 09:06

Has JBFAR gone on holiday?

Does the mentoring start on 4th Jan?

Lucozade sport scientist - what is your role in the process?  Is it just hydration advice or full nutrition advice and will advice be given on these threads to the mentees so that others can have access to the information?

31/12/2009 at 09:30
Happy new year to you JBFAR!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
31/12/2009 at 09:37

Hilly ..

Yes

Yes

and err yes I think so!!

31/12/2009 at 10:41

Hi Christina

Congratulations on getting selected. All the best for your training. I'm at WADAC too and got a club place for VLM and am trying for the 3rd time to break 3 hours so hopefully we can spur each other on at training. Well done on Boxing Day - the speedier stuff is very painful at the moment isn't it? See you at Bramley if not before.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
31/12/2009 at 16:21
is that the Bramley 20/10? Fab race! I wanted to do that but think I may need a divorce 1st!

Happy New Year JBFAR!
31/12/2009 at 16:30

Bramley 10 / 20 is a most super event

specially in terms of pre VLM warm up-

In my opinion- and thats all it is ... 

if one is not accustomed to Marathon distance

The 10 miles isn't really long enough at that time for pre marathon

The 20 miles is good for that, BUT, i'd certainly be careful about using to much excessive energy .. not racing it !! 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
31/12/2009 at 20:36

bramley in 2002 .... had my 1st nose bleed for no reason and got followed by an ambulance for about 4m! Great race! 2005 I PB'd and limped home, the next day I was told I had a stress fracture.

My grandparents used to live in Bramley and are buried there ... truely awesome race and brilliant organisation and I have every reason to go back and one day I will!

Anyways have a FAB one Christina!

31/12/2009 at 20:38
Happy New Year Christina x
01/01/2010 at 14:26
Happy new year everyone! Yes I'm on holiday for a week which is why I haven't been on much unfortunately. I'm ticking over but can only do treadmill sessions whilst away, and some swimming. Hopefully I will not lose any miles in my legs as I need them and more!
Thanks for all the comments , I will have more time to go through them when I get home. I am concerned myself about the amount of miles in the schedule and am hoping Paul will monitor my progression and advise when I can start doing 2 runs a day, I want to be at the start line in April knowing that I have done all the preparation I could possibly do to achieve 2.59.59!
Will write again when I can, but in the meantime roll on 2010
01/01/2010 at 18:55

Hi Christina

Happy new year !

I have emailed you though your training schedule for January, lets see how January goes, before makeing a decision on doubling up on certain days!

hope you are enjoying your holiday , don't worry if you can not get the quality workouts on holiday,the hardwork starts when you get home, a few easy days will not do you any harm!

Enjoy

Paul E

01/01/2010 at 19:12

Hi Christina,

Just picked up on this thread and will be looking forward to following your journey towards achieving your sub-3 Goal at th VLM.

I may well be running next to you as I also have a Championship place for the London and want to run Sub-3!

I should have ran in the Wymondham 10k this morning, but is was cancelled due to the bad weather - ended up running 15-miles in the snow, which was probably harder that a 10k!!

Good luck for the New Year and enjoy your running!

01/01/2010 at 19:59

JBFAR - I do quite a few runs on the treadmill, which personally I think is good for the legs.  I'm sure you won't lost any fitness.  Do you normally run every day?

Hi Nifty & Swifty.  Good luck with your sub 3 training.  I too am back on the sub 3 wagon, but not doing London this year.  I'm going to Llanelli instead as I just fancy a smaller, less crowded one.

02/01/2010 at 14:43

Thought this thread needed pushing back up near the top to keep the discussions going.

JBFAR - now you've received the training plan for the first month, are you happier with the amount of miles in it and how does it differ from the original one?

Edited: 02/01/2010 at 14:43
02/01/2010 at 21:40
just back from a run wrote (see)
Happy new year everyone! Yes I'm on holiday for a week which is why I haven't been on much unfortunately. Will write again when I can, but in the meantime roll on 2010

Hope the holiday is going well JBFAR, enjoy the break and I hope you get cracking on with the schedule come Monday. Hope things go well for you with Paul as your mentor and crossed fingers for April 25th.
03/01/2010 at 12:34
So schedules start tommorow! I'll be doing Monday and Tuesday on a treadmill then Wednesday I travel back so can't train so will take Wednesday as my rest day this week .
I Have been doing some interesting Reading whilst on holiday, between Reading the twilight series ( addictive vampire books) I have been Reading advanced marathoning by pete pfitzinger and Scott Douglas. It concentrates on sports science theories
 of marathon running.  It's been an interesting read and hopefully I can use some of the science in training

Paul: I can't access attachments until thursday unfortunately but will log on then and look at the schedule! Very exciting. Thank you for that.

Good luck for tomorrow to anyone else who is undertaking the rw schedules- looking forward to hearing all.
Edited: 03/01/2010 at 12:40
161 to 180 of 2,037 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.