Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

181 to 200 of 4,227 messages
02/01/2010 at 18:50

Heya Vicky and a Happy New Year from me too!

I'm back from Malta and looking forward to following your progress

02/01/2010 at 19:28

Hi Vicki, welcome back, how was Malta?  Probably a damn sight warmer than snowy, slushy, freezing Cambridge I should imagine!

Moomoo  *waves madly*

Cheers Lou and hope you had a good Christmas.  No snow here, thank goodness. 

Mark I know just how you feel.  I'm a mess from not running for a week, having been a good girl and resting it until Monday. 

Liz, if you're around, can I bring Monday's run forward to tomorrow?  I really can't stand this, I haven't run for a week on physio's orders but let's face it one day isn't going to make much difference.   I feel like everything's locking up, I can't shift this cold unless I get some air in my lungs.  I need need NEED to go and run, even if it's only two poxy miles like it says on the official schedule.  More would be better.

02/01/2010 at 19:34

24 degrees, back here to a chilly -4   Mind you it's warmed up now to above freezing so I guess thats something lol

It was a great break away, sommit different from the usual Chrimbo malarky

02/01/2010 at 21:29
Hashette wrote (see)

Liz, if you're around, can I bring Monday's run forward to tomorrow? ....... I NEED to go and run, even if it's only two poxy miles like it says on the official schedule.  More would be better.

and that word highlighted is the important word in sport I reckon. Do you NEED to run or simply WANT to? It's got to the point where I NEED to break my target so I think you're mentally in the right place going into the start of the schedule. Good luck mate. One in, all in
02/01/2010 at 21:37

Thanks MM.  Not sure what the difference is any more!

This is the first week off running I've had since I had my knee op in 2004 and it's got progressively harder as the week has gone on.  I think because the week before was so difficult - couldn't run because of the snow- I over did it with 28 miles on icy roads in 3 days finishing with a 10 mile race.  With hindsight that was a bit stupi, but really this is worse

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

02/01/2010 at 21:40

x post cheers Pix.

It proves this running lark really is an addiction

02/01/2010 at 21:42
Hashette wrote (see)

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

nah - done a couple of runs the past few days to ease back into things and did a test tonight which proves I'm on the right track. Roll on Monday!
03/01/2010 at 09:47

Oooh, Malta.  I'd love to go, there are adverts on telly at the moment for Malta and it looks gorgeous.

This morning would be a lovely time for a run; the sky is clear, the sun is out and it's a crisp cold morning.  But I'm still coughing and we've got drinks and nibbles for the neighbours later so I'd better go and start preparing.

03/01/2010 at 09:54
Was supposed to do a LSR this morning, but I started streaming last night and have woken up feeling like death. I have caught the OH's cold, which he's had all Christmas Will see how I feel later because you're right Sezz, it's absolutely stunning out there today!!
03/01/2010 at 09:59
Good luck with the start of the schedule tomorrow Hash - and enjoy!
03/01/2010 at 10:04

Morning alll

Hope you all had a fab crimbo and overindulgent new year!!  Not be around much as work,snow at work casusing havoc,christmas and chritmas colds and working all over new year meant I had an enforced rest from running- but feel better for it and am now ready to tackle the marathon plan!!!!

Everyone looking forward to starting  the plans tomorrow??

Hope you are all well!!!

03/01/2010 at 11:38
I might try a little joggette tomorrow but I know for sure that the nutrition schedule won't start for a few days.  I've just made a rather yummy desert using nothing but choc chip cookies, amaretto and double cream and if it's not finished by the neighbours then Fat Face and I will just have to eat it all up.
03/01/2010 at 12:29

Sounds like pretty good training fuel to me, Sezz

Tell me about it VikW, you've just summarised my life over the last couple of weeks!

Sorry to hear both you and Lostkat have been struck down with colds as well.  I was kept awake most of the night either by my coughing or by the sound of my similarly stuffed up hubby giving it his all on the nose bugle.  He doesn't normally snore, but my God he made up for it last night, he sounded like a wounded elephant.  If I'd had David Attenborough's phone number I'd have asked him to nip round with a tranquilizer dart.

I've just done a very gentle, tentative 2ish miles down to the shop and back, wearing half my kit and with the pace/speed not visible on my garmin, and all the various bits that were niggling last week behaved beautifully, thankfully.  I warmed up first, resisted the urge to add another copule of loops as it was going okay, stretched afterwards, and am currently sitting with my leg up adorned by a bag of frozen peas just in case.  I don't think my body knows what to make of this, it's not used to anything but abuse normally!

Edited: 03/01/2010 at 12:31
seren nos    pirate
03/01/2010 at 12:37

just finished the first week of my training  ( as my marathon is a week before FLM)

snow and ice this weekend didn't stop my runs as I went off road..just had problems earlier in the week as had to help son redecorate his bedroom...........

M 5 M steady
T rest day
w Missed run
T 3.1 M fast 5K race
F rest day
S 9.5 M off road very slow
S 3.65 M slow

total 21.25 miles in total.........schedule said 19M

so did more mileage but just lest days.......

will hopefully get all 5 runs in next week

seren nos    pirate
03/01/2010 at 12:38
good luck to all starting the plans tomorrow..........especialy hasette........
03/01/2010 at 13:02

Thanks Seren. Glad yours is going well, and well done for juggling it all with the amount of snow  and decorating.  Luckily our snow has shifted and what's come down recently has been rain, but as for decorting and general house-bashing......  Anyway, that's another story, and it's on hold anyway thanks to Blouse being temporarily sofa-bound. 

Just had an e-mail from Liz so I'll post up the first couple of weeks' tweaked training plan this afternoon, when I can get to hubby's proper laptop as opposed to this fiddly little notebook thing that hasn't got any decent software on it.

03/01/2010 at 13:05

Hi All,

I hope you are all enjoying your running,I have a club place for London so I guess now I will need to work to a sort of plan. I have a good base having completed 10Hm's and 2 x 20's plus varios club runs during 2009. It's those last 6.2 miles I am worried about, any suggestions / comments?

Hashette I would seem to be around the same pace as you for the HM (best of 1.48.44 but normally around 1.53.00) so I hope to complete in under 4.30 as you do. My Ashby 20 time was around the 3.06 mark, I think I will need to run at a slower pace than that to be on the safe side.

Anyway good luck with your training everyone 

03/01/2010 at 17:05

Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ...

Looking forward to seeing what your plan's all about ... I've been floundering about without any schedule the last week or two ... been chickening out of longer runs (well something to do with the ice and that, but seren who lives just down the road from me has managed 21 miles so that was a pretty poor excuse ...!!!!)

5k pb yesterday at the parkrun - 27.07 (that's the sort of distances of runs I've been doing this past week!!!) followed by a really rubbish run (less than 3.5 miles - chickened out with poor excuses part way along my 6 mile route!!) so really need to get back on the case and get some miles on the clock again. Hopefully your  inspiration and schedule will give me that something to aim for. Getting ready for first club run at end of month (8 mile race near Newport) so that's my immediate goal ... then a 10 miler in Feb and building up to Dorney Lake in March ... see where we go from there!

Keep well, hun!!!

03/01/2010 at 17:10

Ron, you're definitely quicker than me.  I'd love it if you wanted to follow my schedule, but it might be worth nipping into Andy's too and doing something between the two.  I reckon you'd definitely be on for 4.15 with those sorts of times I'm a good 10 minutes slower than you for a PB on all the longer distances.

Right, without the aid of either hubby's laptop or mouse, here's my attempt at pasting the first two weeks of my amended schedule.  Liz has tweaked it to take account of the osteo's instructions to follow every run with either a rest or an easy run, not to mention to take account of the huge amount of hassle that's going on in my life at the moment.  It's not lack of commitment - this super six thing is the biggest thing to happen to me EVER - it's just too many commitments.  

4 Jan

2m jog, then 2 x 1.5 m (or 14min) tempo pace, 4min jog rec, 2mile easy.

2miles jog, then 2 miles or 18min brisk, 2miles jog.

If the format is screwed then apologies to people in Aberdeen and Aberystwyth and everywhere in between, as the swearing will be audible

03/01/2010 at 17:11
It's screwed.  Plan B follows
181 to 200 of 4,227 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.