Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

201 to 220 of 4,375 messages
02/01/2010 at 14:25

I shall get one of my fellow Bowen Technique practitioners to do some magic on it over the next month.

I remember thinking that if I stopped at Mudchute I wouldn't get going again, so I didnt stop and noone spotted me as I ran past, but just a few metres on I then heard someone shout Sezz and it was some person I'd never met before but was behind me and had been following the schedule.  For me, getting past the 20 mile point each time makes me cry coz I know that someway, somehow I can do that last 6 miles and then it's all over.

02/01/2010 at 14:27

Hashette/Pixie - All your talk of crowds cheering and lifting you up has got me all excited. I cannot WAIT for this April to come around

... yours too Sezz - didn't see the post until I'd posted

Edited: 02/01/2010 at 14:36
02/01/2010 at 14:45

Honestly Lostkat, it's the best feeling on earth and makes every second of the training worthwhile.  Put your name on the front of your vest and for the last few miles you'll have a wall of people four deep on either side of the road yelling and cheering and whooping just for you.  Try not to cry as you go over the finish line, you can't tell from the photo that they're happy tears!

This year will be my third attempt at not blubbing

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/01/2010 at 15:07

name on the top is essential! My 1st FLM I ran for 3m thinking "oh who is that?" and looking about everytime I heard my name! Truely brilliant. The crowd really do pull you along.

Sezz take care - remember you can defer right up until 24th April.

Hash I only blubbed at Mudchute and Fetch oh and with Treacle at m13 oh and I hyperventilated at mile 14 for some reason too!

02/01/2010 at 15:25
A belated Happy New Year Hash! I just signed up for supporting at Mudshute. I hope Blouse will be better soon! The time will pass very quickly until the big day, so fingers crossed everything will continue to go well!
02/01/2010 at 16:27

Righto, name on top it is then. That means I can't wear my club top though (don't want to damage the preciooooous), so I'll have to find something else very comfy to wear for the big day. 

I've been out today and bought myself a bottle on a belt. Tried on all the ones they had in the shop several times, jumped up and down and finally decided on one. Going to test it tomorrow hopefully.  

02/01/2010 at 16:45

when I did the marathon in 2006 I had jelly babies and a Powerade waiting for me at Mudchute.......
it was amazing to be greeted by so many nice people..... And gets you through the boring Docklands bit…..
Im sure evil pixie was involved than as I recognize your name and I haven't been on this forum for a year or so......
I will defiantly be putting my name on the Mudchute list again this year
Can't wait for the Marathon Training and the DIET to start from Monday…… I need a 16 week eating plan as well lol (any ideas)
'and yes I had to fight back the tears at 26.2 with Mpeople playing on the Tanoy to bring me across the line...... best felling in the world'

Edited: 02/01/2010 at 17:00
02/01/2010 at 18:33

Hi Vicky - Happy New Year!  Great to see your thread up and running.  I'm just catching up after being away visiting family over Christmas.  Come back to lots of snow - not so good for running but I will give it my best shot.  Hopefully won't have to resort to the treadmill. 

Hope the knee is okay.  I will be following your progress and banter over the next 16 weeks!  Good luck!

02/01/2010 at 18:50

Heya Vicky and a Happy New Year from me too!

I'm back from Malta and looking forward to following your progress

02/01/2010 at 19:28

Hi Vicki, welcome back, how was Malta?  Probably a damn sight warmer than snowy, slushy, freezing Cambridge I should imagine!

Moomoo  *waves madly*

Cheers Lou and hope you had a good Christmas.  No snow here, thank goodness. 

Mark I know just how you feel.  I'm a mess from not running for a week, having been a good girl and resting it until Monday. 

Liz, if you're around, can I bring Monday's run forward to tomorrow?  I really can't stand this, I haven't run for a week on physio's orders but let's face it one day isn't going to make much difference.   I feel like everything's locking up, I can't shift this cold unless I get some air in my lungs.  I need need NEED to go and run, even if it's only two poxy miles like it says on the official schedule.  More would be better.

02/01/2010 at 19:34

24 degrees, back here to a chilly -4   Mind you it's warmed up now to above freezing so I guess thats something lol

It was a great break away, sommit different from the usual Chrimbo malarky

02/01/2010 at 21:29
Hashette wrote (see)

Liz, if you're around, can I bring Monday's run forward to tomorrow? ....... I NEED to go and run, even if it's only two poxy miles like it says on the official schedule.  More would be better.

and that word highlighted is the important word in sport I reckon. Do you NEED to run or simply WANT to? It's got to the point where I NEED to break my target so I think you're mentally in the right place going into the start of the schedule. Good luck mate. One in, all in
The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/01/2010 at 21:35

nicely put MM

Hash, 2m as you say won't hurt so do 2m nice and easy tomorrow. Take in the views, stop watch and think, run with your time in your head and recall moments from FLM in the past.

Then as you've taken it really easy do Monday properly?

but as MM says need vs want - your call!

02/01/2010 at 21:37

Thanks MM.  Not sure what the difference is any more!

This is the first week off running I've had since I had my knee op in 2004 and it's got progressively harder as the week has gone on.  I think because the week before was so difficult - couldn't run because of the snow- I over did it with 28 miles on icy roads in 3 days finishing with a 10 mile race.  With hindsight that was a bit stupi, but really this is worse

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

02/01/2010 at 21:40

x post cheers Pix.

It proves this running lark really is an addiction

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/01/2010 at 21:42
very much so
02/01/2010 at 21:42
Hashette wrote (see)

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

nah - done a couple of runs the past few days to ease back into things and did a test tonight which proves I'm on the right track. Roll on Monday!
03/01/2010 at 09:47

Oooh, Malta.  I'd love to go, there are adverts on telly at the moment for Malta and it looks gorgeous.

This morning would be a lovely time for a run; the sky is clear, the sun is out and it's a crisp cold morning.  But I'm still coughing and we've got drinks and nibbles for the neighbours later so I'd better go and start preparing.

03/01/2010 at 09:54
Was supposed to do a LSR this morning, but I started streaming last night and have woken up feeling like death. I have caught the OH's cold, which he's had all Christmas Will see how I feel later because you're right Sezz, it's absolutely stunning out there today!!
03/01/2010 at 09:59
Good luck with the start of the schedule tomorrow Hash - and enjoy!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.