Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

201 to 220 of 4,227 messages
03/01/2010 at 17:15

BB well done on the PB and stop beating yourself up about the rest.  The first few weeks are incredibly light anyway, so just go with it and we'll both build up the mileage later.

Right, I'm hassling software.  Plan B on posting up the next two weeks' schedule follows.  Eventually.....   Running it has got to be easier than pasting it onto the forum with this fecking notebook

seren nos    pirate
03/01/2010 at 17:17
Bargoed Backmarker wrote (see)

Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ...

Looking forward to seeing what your plan's all about ... I've been floundering about without any schedule the last week or two ... been chickening out of longer runs (well something to do with the ice and that, but seren who lives just down the road from me has managed 21 miles so that was a pretty poor excuse ...!!!!)

5k pb yesterday at the parkrun - 27.07 (that's the sort of distances of runs I've been doing this past week!!!) followed by a really rubbish run (less than 3.5 miles - chickened out with poor excuses part way along my 6 mile route!!) so really need to get back on the case and get some miles on the clock again. Hopefully your  inspiration and schedule will give me that something to aim for. Getting ready for first club run at end of month (8 mile race near Newport) so that's my immediate goal ... then a 10 miler in Feb and building up to Dorney Lake in March ... see where we go from there!

Keep well, hun!!!

are you doing the park run this saturday as I am probably going down..but might runto the start and watch OH and son race......

I will miss the 8 miler this month as away but will be at the 10 miler next month so should be able to meet and say hi............

isn't it your clubs cross country next sunday..?

hasette.....don't you love computer formatting

03/01/2010 at 17:17

Fingers crossed:

WB Mon Tues. Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun 4 Jan Rest 3m Rest 4m Rest 2m 6m 11Jan Rest 2m jog, then 2 x 1.5 m (or 14min) tempo pace, 4min jog rec, 2mile easy. Rest 2miles jog, then 2 miles or 18min brisk, 2miles jog. Rest 3m 7m

seren nos    pirate
03/01/2010 at 17:18
03/01/2010 at 17:18
Feck feck feckety feck. Plan z follows
03/01/2010 at 17:22

Right, this will work.  Typing it out longhand

Monday - rest.  I'll fecking need it after all this computer hassle
Tuesday 3m
Wednesday rest
Thursday  4m
Friday rest
Saturday 2m
Sunday 6m

There is a second week, but at the moment I'm concentrating on how to transfer t'other to which.

03/01/2010 at 17:47

thanks Hashette what did we do before technology

I was due to run today but I have got an issue with my left wrist and arm so painfull I've seen the doc wo put me on painkillers and ab's, I was pretty none plussed as it was a great day for a run, still hopefully it will clear and I can start my first weekstraining using RW schedule. I can committ to 21-25 miles per wee so the schedule is basically 3 runs a week with the long one on a Sunday,I have found a bit of tweaking with them can help so I will try and do an extra shortish run every other week to make it 7 runs per fortnight.

I will check out Andy's as well thanks, as I'm sure you will understand I am airing the side of caution on my times as after 20 miles I am venturing into the unknown.......

You must be chuffed mind doing the super 6 even though it is probably an extra thing to worry about.

I think those long slow runs are the key.I'm not sure wat area you are in but I could recommend Ashby or Oakley 20's as part of training but obviosly you are going on the advice of Liz.

I am doing Ashby, got my entry in, hopefully by which time I will ave some decent fitness.

Good luck with transfering more data

03/01/2010 at 17:52

Ah Hash, you have raised a smile here.  Thanks for posting that schedule.

BB/Seren .. I'm not around the w/end of Llis. 8 but hoping to do Reverse 10, will be good to meet u.

seren nos    pirate
03/01/2010 at 17:56
I'm looking forward to the rev 10......I'll be going for a PB as I think thats one of my slower PB's.........be great to meet up HT
03/01/2010 at 18:13
H

Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ...

Looking forward to seeing what your plan's all about ... I've been floundering about without any schedule the last week or two ... been chickening out of longer runs (well something to do with the ice and that, but seren who lives just down the road from me has managed 21 miles so that was a pretty poor excuse ...!!!!)

5k pb yesterday at the parkrun - 27.07 (that's the sort of distances of runs I've been doing this past week!!!) followed by a really rubbish run (less than 3.5 miles - chickened out with poor excuses part way along my 6 mile route!!) so really need to get back on the case and get some miles on the clock again. Hopefully your  inspiration and schedule will give me that something to aim for. Getting ready for first club run at end of month (8 mile race near Newport) so that's my immediate goal ... then a 10 miler in Feb and building up to Dorney Lake in March ... see where we go from there!

Keep well, hun!!!

Hey BB as Hash said no need for a beating up plenty of time for that later

Actually the miles will soon mount up and hopefully we will have some less icy weather soon,I ran at Buntingford end of year 10 last monday, it was smashing weather and only one slippy part which was a tiny section,good luck with your training !

03/01/2010 at 18:23

This is my plan for the first 3 weeks...... I will be running Mon, Wed & Fri as I work weekends
Im also doing Kickboxing for an hour on Tuesdays & Thursdays

Can't wait to get started

WEEK ONE    
Mon   2M (miles) (approx 23 mins) slow   
Wed   3M (approx 35 mins) slow   
Fri   6M (65-70 mins) run/walk    

WEEK TWO   
Mon   3M (approx 35 mins) easy   
Wed   4M (approx 45 mins) slow   
Fri   7M (75-80 mins) run/walk   

WEEK THREE   
Mon   3M (approx 35 mins) easy   
Wed   4M (approx 45 mins) slow   
Fri   8M (85-90 mins) run/walk 

Edited: 03/01/2010 at 18:24
03/01/2010 at 19:15

Evening

Sorry for the lack of sparkle, I'm off to bed, chesty bug 1, Hash 0

Ron, I loved Oakley last year, if you have to run 20 miles then that's definitely the way to do it, and the top we got as a momento was so nice I actually wear it to the pub.  This year the race clashes with the Dorney Lake pacing event or I'd definitely be doing it.

'Night all, send the bugblatter beast of traal over to Hash Hall to squash the germs for me x

03/01/2010 at 19:32

Chesty bug - go away - hashette has training to do!

Just popped in to say good luck for the schedule, hope you wake up feeling good and raring to go.

The countdown begins!

03/01/2010 at 19:50
night Hashette tomorrow it starts in earnest
03/01/2010 at 21:33

Hi Hash - just swerving in to wish you all the best at the start of the fun.

Try inhaling tea tree oil over hot water (it stinks). Inhale in as far as you can for a few seconds and then try and breathe even more in. It'll get to all the bits of lungs.

If it's anything like me and Pix, it'll be hanging around for a bit so take it steady, try to get some decent sleep.

ImRio    pirate
04/01/2010 at 07:56

Good to see everyone getting excited about starting the schedules and well done on your running Seren.

I did 24 miles on my turbo on Friday and then 6 off road on Saturday.  I was spectacularly slow - but mainly because I took the "off road" thing quite literally at one stage and was off road, path, track, rabbit trail and everything up to my knees in brambles and bracken.  Poor Benji was bounding from one spot to the next trying to see and not get caught up in stuff which was way over his head!!!!  Still it was very funny and I really enjoyed myself.  Probably the equivalent of doing 9 or so on the road!

A gentle 3.5 for me tonight and a short turbo session afterwards

Hash do be careful with that chesty bug!!! They can be nasty things if you try to do too much before it says it is ok!

04/01/2010 at 08:16
hi Trio....... what is your Turbo?
ImRio    pirate
04/01/2010 at 08:22
I have the I-magic Mark.  It was a Christmas pressie
04/01/2010 at 09:15

Morning all and thanks for the good wishes - they worked and the chesty bug has its suitcase packed, even if it hasn't yet left Hash Hall.

I honestly think that half my problem has been not being able to get out there and run properly to get some air in my lungs, and that 's probably why bits of me have ceased up as well.  Let's face it, I've run at least 20 miles a week every week since 2004, so to suddenly go cold turkey (sorry.......) and stop is bound to have  some odd side- effects.  Still, hopefully that will be resolved this week. Thank gawd I've got this week booked off work as well.

Ironically day 1 starts with a rest day according to the plan, so I've phoned the osteo and got him to move my appointment forward to this afternoon so he can hopefully crack this knee back on track before I do the first official training run tomorrow.  I know it's only runner's knee, but since the super six thing started I've been completely paranoid about something major going wrong.  Living in this body is like trying to sleep in a haunted house - every little twinge and I'm doing the equivalent of sitting bolt upright in bed yelling what was that????

04/01/2010 at 09:20

Glad your feeling better Hash and that nasty bugs gone!

Wishing you lots of luck for the plan- I can't wait to start but also feeling a bit nervous!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.