Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

21 to 40 of 4,380 messages
LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/12/2009 at 17:14

*Bounds onto thread*

HELLOOOOOOOO HASHIE!!!!!

Hashette wrote (see)

Food?  Cheese and onion or ready salted?

M&S are doing their handcooked big packs two for two quid!  NOMNOMNOMNOM.....

Now how the hell do I bookmark on this new system?

18/12/2009 at 17:34
Best of luck with the training Hashette!
18/12/2009 at 17:35
LB - big 'Add to my Bookmarks' button under the reply box
LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/12/2009 at 17:36

I've spotted it now! Thanks Vicky!

I'm going to follow our Hashie like her new lunatic stalker!

18/12/2009 at 19:05
Hello Vicky,

How have you been? Tell me about your running this last week and what has gone really well?

I am working on making the plan fit with your races and lifestyle. I will let you have this for the 4th Jan.

Keep me posted,

Liz

18/12/2009 at 20:40
Hey Hashette. We're finally live on the forums!!!! Thought it would never happen. Anyway just wanted to say hi and wish you all the best with this. Enjoy xmas I certainly will. Me thinks we will be a wee bit busy in Jan!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/12/2009 at 21:50

I can't believe you didn't run due to not heat/water

surely you would just strip off and roll in the snow to clean up?

Anyway more important ... cheese and onion or ready salted .. what won?!

19/12/2009 at 07:04

Erm.... both Pix, and then a big pile of chips that the landlady of the pub dished up to celebrate when the lecky came back on.  Carbo loading's important, right?

The power's back on    I don't half appreciate being warm again and being able to make a cup of tea.

***waves madly to LB, Vicki and Andy****

Hi Liz, running was going well in the first part of this week, until winter descended on Hash Hall like a big boulder landing on the cartoon Road Runner.  Meep meep splat....... I ran the Bedford Half on Sunday and was chuffed with sub-two hours.  Okay, sub two hours by all of 29 seconds, but who's counting!  Monday and Tuesday I had my usual post-race thighs-like-tugboats thing doing on, but a gentle five miler on Tuesday evening loosened everything up nicely.  I'm dying to get out there again having missed my usual Friday night wind-down plod, but there's no chance, the roads are just a sheet of ice and it's impossible to walk on, let alone run.  I'm hoping that tomorrow it will have cleared enough to at least leave a bit of road surface where I can get some traction so I can do my LSR and deliver this big pile of Christmas cards that's looking at me accusingly.

Edited: 19/12/2009 at 07:07
19/12/2009 at 07:23

Morning campers

Hashette -Well done on you Bedford Half time!

You're better off not trying to run if the roads are still bad, rather than risking pulling a muscle if you slip or fall.  Its like a winter wonderland outside my house, but unfortunately the snow is covering ice

19/12/2009 at 07:49

Thanks Vicki and same here with the weather. It's pretty, but if they could just clear a little path about 10 miles long for me by tomorrow that would be lovely.  It's not asking too much, is it?

LIVERBIRD    pirate
19/12/2009 at 08:00
Hashette wrote (see)

I ran the Bedford Half on Sunday and was chuffed with sub-two hours.  Okay, sub two hours by all of 29 seconds, but who's counting! 

Flipping heck Hash! That's one of my main goals for next year! I'd take 1.59.59 and still crow about my amazing sub 2! I keep knocking on the door, but no cigar so far....

You're going to be brilliant at this sub 4.30! You've been running a long time now - you just needed Liz to steer you away from the salt and vinegar!

I'm afraid ice is where I draw the line. Treadmill for me until I can see where I'm putting my feet. It won't kill you if you have to decamp indoors, but like Vicki says, you need to protect yourself from injury too.

*draws forcefield round Hashie*

19/12/2009 at 08:07

*shields up*

I see Liz has visited your thread. Scary to know they're keeping tabs, eh?

Paul's been on Christina's but I seem to have ducked under the radar atm . Mind you -  I'm not going to brag about that on my thread in case it brings it on.

Glad it's warming up at your gaff.

19/12/2009 at 08:07

Awww.....  thanks LB

God this is fab, I still can't belive it's happening.

19/12/2009 at 08:08

Waddles on late as ususal - Good luck Hashette - we'll have to have a special soshul to celebrate some time

on on

19/12/2009 at 08:14

Hi Lucy.   Hmm... 'tis a bit, although I'm more worried about one of the sports nutritionists commenting on my diet!

Paul's probably just waiting until you're back on form again, especially as this the second time the bugs have had a go at you in the past few weeks.   Just wrap up warm and get yourself better - not that there's much option at the moment!

Can't wait to clean the chickens out in this temperature.  Minus 4 here at the moment - so far they're refusing to put a beak out of the door, and I can't say I blame them

On on BBH

Edited: 19/12/2009 at 08:14
19/12/2009 at 08:16

To be fair the main roads around here are pretty much clear (as the council gritting team have been out in force), but the paths are treacherous.  I guess if you could find somewhere with a cycle lane alongside the road it might be ok to run on.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on, but after my first marathon disaster I'm not envious

LIVERBIRD    pirate
19/12/2009 at 08:16
I'm not putting MY beak out of the door either......
19/12/2009 at 08:18

Hello-So glad you have you lecky back! what a nightmare..brrrrrr!  i hate being cold

Snow on the ground here too but going to do an off road run to try to avoid the major slips- can you go off road too?  Welldone on you half maraton too Hash- very good.

I seemed to have jinxed my thread already and its broken!  oh well start as i mean to go

19/12/2009 at 08:41

Our chickens have started their own ski slope in their run! Still,  if the poos frozen it makes them easier to clean out. Gonna boil up some pasta in a while for them to have warm for breakfast.

I know, I spoil them....

Mmm, 'getting better' does sound good...

Have a good one.

19/12/2009 at 09:05

Well done on the sub-2 hours Hash you're gonna storm a sub-4.30

I don't like all this cold and ice so no running outside for me today (or much this week!) and I don't even like driving in it so don't want to go to the gym either! Maybe I'll venture out to the gym later - really must put in at least some miles, espeicially with all this extra eating I'm doing

21 to 40 of 4,380 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.