Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Follow the progress of Hashette live in the forums as she prepares to run a sub-4:30 marathon under the guidance of mentor Liz Yelling

101 to 120 of 4,375 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2009 at 16:27
oh oh yes please!
23/12/2009 at 16:33

Holds out hand for a mince pie

Glad to hear Blouse feels a bit brighter today. I've always thought it odd you taking cold sprouts into work, I didn't realise you took cold veg everyday still healthy I guess...but I'd prefer a mince pie

I have not done any exercise for over a week now, the ice has melted here, so as long as it doesn't refreeze I must get back into it - just aiming to tick over till the New year and then kick off serious training!

Hash, before you mentioned they had done videos of you all - are they up? I haven't seen them, but perhaps I am being dense...

The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2009 at 16:48

B look on the home page for the "meet the team" article.

It's 1 video of us all - at the moment!

As for the veg I can understand raw veg (I do like raw carrots) but cold cooked veg is just wrong!

23/12/2009 at 16:57
Thanks EP *trots off to look*
23/12/2009 at 17:05

Wayhey, the bell's gone on my last full day

*passes round the brandy cream to go with the mince pies*

Sezz, Liz will be tinkering, I believe.   My osteo says I really need to follow each run day with a rest day, so she said she'd pick out the most important sessions from the schedule and adapt it to fit that as far as possible, or at least make sure a shortish run follows a long one.

Hi B, yep the video's up.  I don't sound like Linda Snell, more like Vera Duckworth, and they've managed to show a clip of me screwing up the mincing session like Corporal Jones twice!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/lucozade-sport-super-six-the-journey-starts-here/4752.html

23/12/2009 at 17:05

Two cross posts, some inconsiderate sod rang up insisting on something being done by Christmas

Pix, lunch is on me at the training day in Feb, I'll convert you yet!

Edited: 23/12/2009 at 17:09
23/12/2009 at 17:13

There won't be any cold sprouts from me at Mudchute Hash.

Funny thing about that video is that it's so well hidden in the site that people wouldn't know it was there if you didn't mention it. I only looked for it t'other day when I was on a t-con. It's quite x-factorish in places (design that is, not from the SS team)

Also glad to hear Blouse is a little better. 

Edited: 23/12/2009 at 17:15
23/12/2009 at 17:16

Hello Hash - good luck with  your training - glad you had a good time at Bedford, I enjoyed it too - worth the 2hr+ drive for me to get there.  Shame I didn't get a chance to say "hello", but hope you have a good Christmas and hope training goes well for you over the next few months.

23/12/2009 at 17:19
Great video, didn't notice you messing up the marching at all Hash *whistles innocently* Still you don;t have to run in synchronisation do you? or do you ....?
23/12/2009 at 17:25

Thankfully no, B.  My little worry is that we've got a lunchtime Christmas do tomorrow, and there's usually videos of thing that have gone on during the year.   The IT department know where the video is, and this is costing me serious amounts of chocolate to buy their silence.

Hi Carol, thanks and great to see you on here.  Are you doing any other races around the same sort of area?  I'll be burning off some of the roasties with the Buntingford Year End 10 on Monday

23/12/2009 at 17:28

Did you spot Alan Sugar doing a Hitchcock-style cameo LNN?

Right, I'm off home.  I seem to have earned a lot of brownie points for sitting here apparently working after everyone else has left.

Tap tap tappety tap.............

23/12/2009 at 17:35

Buntingford eh? ( I used to live in Cambridge so I know your part of the world) That will be pretty.

There's no way you're going to get away without that vid going public.... I thought you looked great though. My husband said that considering what a wally I am, I got away with it. Silver tongued devil that he is.

I like cold veg too. And lentils, chick peas, quinoa etc. It's just that I eat them alongside chocolate, cake, crisps and coke.

23/12/2009 at 20:01
Hashette wrote (see)

Hi Carol, thanks and great to see you on here.  Are you doing any other races around the same sort of area?  I'll be burning off some of the roasties with the Buntingford Year End 10 on Monday

No, I'm not from that area, I'm near Winchester - it's just that I wanted to do a half that weekend and Bedford was the only one that I could find that was on - must admit, did wonder what the hell I was doing as I left around 6am.

23/12/2009 at 20:58

Blimey, really?  That's one hell of a hike.  Christina (just back from a run, the super speedy girl) is from round your way.

Lucy, that just confirms my separated at birth theory.......

24/12/2009 at 07:17

Three degrees and rain.  I never thought that would make me go but it is!

A mate from work is giving me a lift in, so a dutiful morning at the coal face listening to the public's festive cheer , then the work Christmas do from 12 to 2 and then at long, long last a decent run.

I don't care if it rains, blows a howling hoolie, or for that matter if we have a plague of frogs, just so long as I get my traditional Christmas Eve run away from work!

24/12/2009 at 10:48

I've been trying to find that video for ages - they've hidden it very well!  You don't sound at all like Lynda Snell - not a trace of a Borsetshire accent at all.

Pity the other 5 were out of synch with you on that marching bit .....

24/12/2009 at 10:58
*scratches head* I don't get that AS joke Hash. What did I miss?
24/12/2009 at 11:03

I love you TP

LN watching it reminded me so much of The Apprentice. Mind you, that could be because it felt like we were in a scene from it form the word go.  We all met up at the tube station, and even armed with printed maps and GPS phones the combiined brains of the lot of us couldn't find the place!

25/12/2009 at 17:30
Oh got it. Shame they didn't show the getting lost bits then.

If it was The Apprentice, you'd have had to have cocky arrogant runners talking about how they were going to blitz their targets or stupid things like running being better than sex.
27/12/2009 at 12:23
Hello one and all, yes I am watching you!! lol.

Vicky, I hope you have stopped your mincing on the ice now, and that the warmer weather has meant you are able to get out! It will not have mattered too much over the festive period if you had to miss a few runs as it is from mid Jan that you will need to really turn your focus to the marathon, now is just about chilling and building to that point...so make the most of it!

Hope your Hubby is feeling a little better now, poor Martin slipped over too, bad hip...he says that is the reason he can't keep up with me on our runs now! lol

I have just sent you a proposed plan- amended from the MG RW generic plans, so let me know if this works for you!

Have a great new year everyone,

Liz
101 to 120 of 4,375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.